Far Rockaways Desperately Need Your Help

Far Rockaways Desperately Need Your Help

There are 9 comments on the Forward story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Far Rockaways Desperately Need Your Help. In it, Forward reports that:

In the Far Rockaways, there is no Red Cross relief, no FEMA, no National Guard shuttling in supplies for the elderly Polish and Russian Jews living in high rises without power or heat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forward.

Fema wife

Gallatin, TN

#1 Nov 6, 2012
My husband is with the DRT- they are evacuating a nursing home there& says there are riots for food, etc. do they know a nor'easter is moving in& the. National weather service has issued warning of more flooding& snow, wind, etc? Someone needs to declare Marshall law imo& get those on the coasts out for there own good, and to keep the DRTs safe from having to risk more lives to save people that won't evacuate!!!
far Rockaway resident

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Fema wife wrote:
My husband is with the DRT- they are evacuating a nursing home there& says there are riots for food, etc. do they know a nor'easter is moving in& the. National weather service has issued warning of more flooding& snow, wind, etc? Someone needs to declare Marshall law imo& get those on the coasts out for there own good, and to keep the DRTs safe from having to risk more lives to save people that won't evacuate!!!
what. You need to realize most people dont have anywhere to go and how many people can afford a hotel? I live in the real world lady!!! Are you living ten days now with no lights or heat? We are struggling to survive while someone like you says negative things. Your husband God bless him for CHOOSING to do the job he does. Im sure you are sitting in a nice warm house with lights and foid aplenty.God forbid u ever have to face what we r facing. Then again maybe it woukd open your eyes to reality.
shameless-li

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2012
far Rockaway resident wrote:
<quoted text> what. You need to realize most people dont have anywhere to go and how many people can afford a hotel? I live in the real world lady!!! Are you living ten days now with no lights or heat? We are struggling to survive while someone like you says negative things. Your husband God bless him for CHOOSING to do the job he does. Im sure you are sitting in a nice warm house with lights and foid aplenty.God forbid u ever have to face what we r facing. Then again maybe it woukd open your eyes to reality.
i left my home after the second day of no electricity.
i wouldn't allow myself or my children to stay there under those conditions.(we were out for six days)
if your staying in your home for ten days now, with nothing, i wouldn't be telling that lady to live in the real world...
maybe you should be looking into staying with family or friends.
even your homeowners insurance (if you have) and FEMA will help pay for some of your living expensives.
Hey

Modesto, CA

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Fema wife wrote:
Spray paint a large sign. "Bloomberg doesn't care " and call Fox News. You'll get action.
Obama

Raleigh, NC

#5 Nov 7, 2012
I already have your vote and don't need you anymore. Adios.
nadine

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 7, 2012
we are all having a hard time. and not everyone can afford hotel or have relative or friends to stay with. some people have ni choice but to stay in there homes the shelters are not safe or clean. and for God sake leave ABAMA alone.
true

Bronx, NY

#7 Nov 8, 2012
People are crazy over there.When we are in all in need some people think its ok to stealing from others when others really don't have anything.What happen to helping and feeling safe???
Obama

Raleigh, NC

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Everyone keep quiet. I need to catch up on sleep. If things are not better by April I will make another token appearance.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Why do you ask us for help? You voted for obammy. Just tell him you need help. He will be right over. Probably put Biden in charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Far-Rockaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Long Island job market keeping up with t... 4 hr LongIslandBusines... 1
News Development in College Point is wreaking havoc ... 9 hr marilyn sullivan 1
N Faunch, fraud, conman, liar, cocaine addict. 13 hr Brandy S 3
Nicholas Faunch -- Theif, Liar, cocaine addict ... Fri CW W 2
News NYPD Daily Blotter (Jun '11) Thu Teema 7
klaus regling martin schulz greece Wed Joe 2
Review: Hewlett Medical Office PC - Andre G Ser... (Jun '10) Jul 1 __smile 13
More from around the web

Far-Rockaway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE