Alleged Assault Of Husband By Pack Of Teens Becomes Divisive Issue In Rockville Centre

Jul 17, 2012 Full story: CBS Local 14

It happened in the upscale village of Rockville Centre almost a month ago, but residents have been very vocal about the treatment of the young men charged in the beating.

Full Story
Not DIVISIVE in RVC

Valley Stream, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2012
Nice job, which one of the spoiled brats fathers paid for this article. The only support these thugs are getting are from their high paid attorneys. Makes me sick.
RVC resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Brutal beating? and it "was loud" ? how did all these alleged "drunk teenagers" get away so quick? I don't know something just doesn't sit well. How long before someone called the cops?

Why didn't the husband call the cops instead of going after them? Why approach a group of "drunk teenagers" guess he wanted to be a hero. This incident is unfortunate for all involved, hate to see these young adults ruin their lives over something that could of been avoided.

Melanie

Hempstead, NY

#3 Jul 18, 2012
coming soon to a town near you......these kids have no soul....how do you punish someone who has no soul...????
To RVC resident

Valley Stream, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2012
They ran away to Coyles house you idiot! He lives 2 doors down. I can't wait to see these spoiled brats lives ruined. That poor guy will never feel the same about this town. He will always carry that horrible memory of himself and his wife being so disrespected. You don't call broken ribs and stitches a brutal beating. I feel sorry for you. Heard one of the great kids lost their scholarship. I can't wait to hear more. That poor guy did not break any laws remember. Only the thugs did.
Bleeding heart

Valley Stream, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2012
To RVC resident:
Why don't you come to the next meeting and voice your skepticism. You will be met with pitchforks and torches. There is no sympathy for these animals. I hope they get the book thrown at them.
Blood test

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 19, 2012
Is it too late for blood work? Supposedly these little angels were on more than just alcohol. What a senseless act of pure disrespect. If the teens felt threatened, they could have used their high priced phones that every spoiled brat has to video the scene and call police. Instead they ran like the true cowards they are. "Hurry Daddy and call every influential person you know, we just beat a man nearly to death because he yelled at us"
Triple K

Miami, FL

#7 Jul 19, 2012
INCREASE THe HATE!!!
rich

Lynbrook, NY

#9 Jul 23, 2012
this town supports getting drunk...small town, too many bars..St Pats day backs this up
rich

Lynbrook, NY

#10 Jul 23, 2012
this town supports getting drunk, small town too many bars St.Pats day is aJOKE AND YOU KNOW IT. it's condoned in a veiled sort of way until that changes it will happen again and more often.
RVC resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#11 Jul 30, 2012
To RVC resident wrote:
They ran away to Coyles house you idiot! He lives 2 doors down. I can't wait to see these spoiled brats lives ruined. That poor guy will never feel the same about this town. He will always carry that horrible memory of himself and his wife being so disrespected. You don't call broken ribs and stitches a brutal beating. I feel sorry for you. Heard one of the great kids lost their scholarship. I can't wait to hear more. That poor guy did not break any laws remember. Only the thugs did.
Resorting to childish name calling? seriously grow up! I could care less if you feel sorry for me, if anything I feel sorry for you. I have enough common sense to wait for the facts and not pass judgment till the actual truth comes out.
RVC resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#12 Jul 30, 2012
Bleeding heart wrote:
To RVC resident:
Why don't you come to the next meeting and voice your skepticism. You will be met with pitchforks and torches. There is no sympathy for these animals. I hope they get the book thrown at them.
LOL more like I will be met by a bunch of stuck up, drunk gossiping housewives.
RVC resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#13 Jul 30, 2012
rich wrote:
this town supports getting drunk, small town too many bars St.Pats day is aJOKE AND YOU KNOW IT. it's condoned in a veiled sort of way until that changes it will happen again and more often.
Rich I have to agree, the RVC Parade is a complete disgrace and an absolute embarrassment. Half of these people use it as an excuse to drink and they have no idea what the hell they are celebrating. The adults are no better than the teenagers...ah well the village is making money, so who cares? Just like a few of the pizzeria's and restaurants that are open till 4 on the weekends, all it does is create more problems. The town doesn't care about the residents all they care about is making money.
RVC resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#14 Jul 30, 2012
The husband was probably sleeping since she was walking the dog at mid night and not him. She woke him up hes all pissed and hunts them down. No doubt in my mind that he was the attacker. Unfortunately it escalated and got ugly.
The Right Hand Of God

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Aug 3, 2012
I'm going to burn the village of Rockville centre to the ground. You are all consumed by greed and self loathing. You will pay for your sins. All of you man woman and child. Devilville Centre is more like it. The hand of god is swift.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Far-Rockaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strippers accused of drugging clients offered p... Sat Vicki 1
Looking for Church Space to Share/Rent (Feb '09) Oct 16 Pastor Chai Yehovah 112
Boiler & Furnace Repair (May '09) Oct 14 maryjaneprincton 6
police activity last night October 14, 2014 Oct 14 nickm308 1
Looking For A Daniel Oct 13 Searching 1
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Oct 13 Day In Court 66
Review: Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C. (Dec '13) Oct 13 RobertDorking 5

Far-Rockaway News Video

Far-Rockaway Dating
Find my Match