Police: Trailer Park Shooting Apparen...

Police: Trailer Park Shooting Apparent Murder-Suicide - News St...

There are 45 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from May 6, 2008, titled Police: Trailer Park Shooting Apparent Murder-Suicide - News St.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Stafford police are investigating a shooting that killed four people, including two children in the Falmouth area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike

Millersville, MD

#2 May 6, 2008
Why does the media feel the need to say the family lived in a "trailer" or "trailer home?" What is the relevance to the story besides trying to pass judgement on where some people live?
Mona

United States

#3 May 6, 2008
It doesn't matter where this family lived. That's not important! The media is full of S%%t!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#4 May 6, 2008
In most of these stories the media will make some mention of where the people lived; "in a brick rambler on a quiet street," "in a second floor apartment," etc.

Anyhow - is it me, or does it seem that these incidents are becoming "regular," anymore? Seems we hear of at least one such tragedy a couple of times a month. And it's doubly sad when there's children involved; my God, whatever the problems, please let your kids live and give them a chance!
shell

Centreville, VA

#5 May 6, 2008
Who cares where they live. The question should be why take the lives of children. If its necessary that parents feel that is the only way out is to take the own lives that fine but leave the children out of it, they are the innocent ones. Stop this violence against the children.
Ley

Woodbridge, VA

#6 May 6, 2008
I agree who cares where they lived and why get the children involved? Very sad story! Domestic Violence needs to be taken more seriously to prevent these things.
sgmd

District Heights, MD

#9 May 6, 2008
This is really sad. It's sad that the family memeber didn't come sooner, and it's sad that the neighbor didn't call the police. It's also sad that people can make the kind of comments that "ANOTHER know it all" did. There is nothing that indicates the race of these people... some could say that just because they lived in a trailer park we could assume they were "white"... Let's look beyond that. This jerk killed his entire family... and for what?! No reason could be good enough.
kalley

Rockville, MD

#10 May 6, 2008
This is really sad, seems like this problem had to have been going on for some time. Why can't people just walk away and let their family go on, nothing can be that bad to kill your children, your spouse and then yourself. There are alot of places where people can get treatment before it's to late, but some times they refuse to get or want help and this is what ends up happening to the family. If you and your spouse are having problems, get help, divorced what ever it takes, no one should have to live life in fear, life is so short and so precious as it is. May the wife and children rest in peace. My prayers goes out to their family.
tgr

Bethesda, MD

#11 May 6, 2008
Those kids probably are better off now anyway. It's a sad situation. But they would have been disturbed for life if the father killed their mother and they lived. Consider it a mercy killing.
outraged

Sterling Heights, MI

#12 May 6, 2008
It's sad to continually read, hear, or see the pattern of abused women unable to pick up and walk out. I understand that psychologically it means starting over, and this is where the break down occurs.

I just hope that many other abused women out there, understand, after this tragedy, that even when they may think that things under control, they will never be safe while living with an abuser.

I'm sure her family is just devastated by their failure to arrive, even after she called them off, I would have still expected some family member to check things out.
Camilla McDuffie

Columbus, OH

#13 May 6, 2008
I just crazy the things but due now days.May the souls rest in peace and he BURN in HELL for entaled
sparklingcider10 1

United States

#14 May 6, 2008
It is so very sad and disturbing that something like this can happen, let alone in our own back yard. I am truly at a loss of words. I didnt have the pleasure of knowing Tasha and her two precious babies for only but a month but I feel blessed for even knowing them for a moment. They may be gone, but will never be forgotten. Domestic abuse and violence needs to stop! Too many people go through their days not wanting to be bothered with other peoples problems or not wanting to step in when they see a woman or child being beaten. We all need to take steps in our daily lives to help stop this problem. Dont be afraid to lend a helping hand. What has happened to our sense of community? That is what I think is truly wrong with our nation. Nobody seems to care about strangers anymore. My prayers go out to all those who knew and loved Tasha, Aaron, and Nicole. May God grant you peace and comfort you in this time of sorrow.
Renee

United States

#16 May 6, 2008
i truly feel sorry for the children. innocent children who did not ask to be here. Why take them to? They deserve to live. If you want to take your life, go ahead but why take your anger out on your children?
tsv Locust Grove VA

Canton, GA

#17 May 6, 2008
I happen to come home late last night and drove by this crime scene. By the huge police presence and camera crew I knew someone had to have been murdered. I would have never guessed that a woman and two little kids would be murdered by the man in charge of protecting their lives. How can a man can look into the eyes of his children and then murder them? I'm sure the relative that came 10 mins too late is devastated. Glad to hear the father killed himself at least.
Chell

Fredericksburg, VA

#18 May 6, 2008
tgr wrote:
Those kids probably are better off now anyway. It's a sad situation. But they would have been disturbed for life if the father killed their mother and they lived. Consider it a mercy killing.
How could you say they are better off? That comment just upsets me.

They were innocent children that didn't do anything wrong. They were young enough that they wouldn't have remembered any of it and could have led normal healthy lives with relatives of the mother. How dare you say they are better off dead?
Mari

Purcellville, VA

#19 May 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
Why does the media feel the need to say the family lived in a "trailer" or "trailer home?" What is the relevance to the story besides trying to pass judgement on where some people live?
They say that because that is where they lived.

The line in the story that says the children were shot in their cribs just breaks my heart. The whole thing is just beyond sad.
sgt

Point Of Rocks, MD

#20 May 6, 2008
wheres all the allegations that steroids can be the only cause of this like in the beniot case? oh wait, steroids didnt cause either... family problems did.
butterfly

Milwaukee, WI

#21 May 6, 2008
Mari wrote:
<quoted text>
They say that because that is where they lived.
The line in the story that says the children were shot in their cribs just breaks my heart. The whole thing is just beyond sad.
Perfectly said Mari!

DMA

Since: Apr 08

Washington, DC

#22 May 6, 2008
Why kill anyone but especially the babies? Sad, sad, sad!!!

DMA

Since: Apr 08

Washington, DC

#23 May 6, 2008
tgr wrote:
I disagree with you that a 2 and 18 month old are better off dead. With the love of relatives these babies could have gone on to live healthy happy lives. There is never a reason to kill a child regardless of the circumstance!!
Frank

United States

#24 May 6, 2008
This is just so sad. Children are so innocent. Why harm an innocent child. This was so upsetting to hear on the news this morning. For those of us that have children like myself just think about how we love them and what we would do for them. I can't imagine life without my child. I feel for the family members left behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with spitting on police Saliva to c... (Jan '08) Oct 11 Nursetufferthancops 22
Bowling Tournament This Weekend! Oct 11 bowler 1
claire hayden Sep 26 opinion 1
Jesus is near to the broken hearted trust Jesus Sep 21 child of God 1
Greg Harrington Sep '17 Greg Harrington 1
News Confederate flag flying along I-95 in Stafford ... Sep '17 buffy 1
Timothy bumbrey (Jan '16) Jan '16 Lanalag1245 1

Falmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falmouth Mortgages