Why 'celebrate' the destruction of Fr...

Why 'celebrate' the destruction of Fredericksburg?

There are 1 comment on the The Free Lance-Star story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Why 'celebrate' the destruction of Fredericksburg?. In it, The Free Lance-Star reports that:

Why 'celebrate' the destruction of Fredericksburg? Why 'celebrate' the destruction of Fredericksburg? Will someone with more knowledge of history than I possess explain why "Yankees in Falmouth" is being celebrated this weekend? From what I have read, the Union army reduced Fredericksburg to rubble from Chatham Heights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Free Lance-Star.

Kerri Corsano

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Sep 17, 2009
Fredericksburg, along with the rest of the south were creating treason against its country when they took up arms against the U.S. government. It was the responsibility of the U.S. government to protect it's sovereignty against succession from rebel forces. Yes, the innocent civilians in Fredericksburg suffered greatly, but that is the reality of war. Labeling this upcoming event as "celebrating the destruction of Fredericksburg" is a fallacy. Yankees in Falmouth is the reality of the event...recognizing events as they happened, regardless if you agree with the causes/reasons or not, is necessary for posterity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 22 min Huge Pouch 1,508
Review: Peak Mental Health - Nivedita Choudhary MD (Apr '11) Jan 18 angelbiller2031 43
Women's Basketball League Jan 6 Rparker25 1
Amber Jan 5 Tim 1
Moving to Fredericksburg VA Dec 27 Dave 2
News Stafford High transgender senior speaks out on ... Dec '16 meh plus 1
Golden Living Center on Plank Rd - SOLD Dec '16 Dave 1

Falmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falmouth Mortgages