Maine lawyer pleads guilty to theft

Maine lawyer pleads guilty to theft

There are 5 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Maine lawyer pleads guilty to theft. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

A longtime partner at a prestigious Portland law firm pleaded guilty Tuesday to stealing nearly $300,000 from clients and the firm as part of an agreement in which the state recommended that he serve 21 2 years ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

robbed

Norwalk, CT

#1 Jun 11, 2008
This is what I am facing in a different state- CT- in addition to the attorney attempting to have us (his clients) terrorized and potentially killed after we gave up and left the state.

Prestigious attorney who everyone (well- there are a few other cases I've located) believes to have the highest ethical standards.
Lydia

New Canaan, CT

#2 Jun 15, 2008
You are not alone. Corruption in New Canaan also.
Larry

Norwalk, CT

#3 Jun 19, 2008
Those poor clients will never see a penny of what the lawyer stole from them...elderly people- watch out--your trusted attorney may just turn out to be an amoral con artist.
to Larry

Norwalk, CT

#4 Jun 19, 2008
Yes someone else sent me the story. Sad.
Jan

New Canaan, CT

#5 Jun 21, 2008
Pathetic. He deserves extensive jail time and he needs to be forced to make restitution!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New political blog Fri The Bored Theater 1
News In Maine, it's Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney (Feb '12) May 16 NeoZionist 5
News Portland to introduce travel ban due to discrim... Apr '16 TerriB1 1
News This Mainer read a book, quit her job and found... Apr '16 Lucy Ann June 1
News News Minute: Here is the latest Maine, New Hamp... Apr '16 Lucy Anna Jane 1
News Donald Trump suits and ties are made in China Apr '16 Lawrence Wolf 176
News Snow causes accidents, cancellations as storm m... Feb '16 JANACE 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falmouth Mortgages