Maine teacher sorry for mock wedding ...

Maine teacher sorry for mock wedding to 4th grader

There are 5 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jul 7, 2009, titled Maine teacher sorry for mock wedding to 4th grader. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

A fourth-grade teacher in Falmouth, Maine, has apologized for playing the groom in a mock wedding to a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

I am sick too

San Rafael, CA

#1 Jul 7, 2009
I'm sick that this poor guy is getting grief over playing a simple game of make believe with his students! What is this world coming to? Now adults cannot even play with kids out of fear of parents thinking the worst. I find it sad that men especially get this automatic suspicion thrown at them. I am a woman, I asked my friend to meet my son and I at the park and he said he'd come a little after the time we're going to meet there because a single guy at the park alone gets a lot of suspicious looks - I NEVER thought of that, because it doesn't happen to me. It's sad.
Marty

Johnstown, PA

#2 Jul 7, 2009
It's Maine. You have to make allowances.
Tammy

Bayonne, NJ

#3 Jul 7, 2009
I have noticed that people who lived in cold places have the brains frozen. and this helps my believe...!
Karen

Wiscasset, ME

#4 Jul 7, 2009
Marty wrote:
It's Maine. You have to make allowances.
What exactly do you mean by that comment?

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#5 Jul 7, 2009
It's called playing pretend. All kids do it and ask their adult counterparts to join.

I mean it probably wasn't the best judgment knowing the type of society we live in but honestly, it's not worth a news story.

This world is getting ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine Governor Leaves Obscene Tirade on Lawmake... Aug 27 longtail 1
News Maine governor leaves obscene tirade on lawmake... Aug 27 Go Blue Forever 1
News Snow causes accidents, cancellations as storm m... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANACE 1
News Cleaner charged with stealing prescription drug... (Jan '14) Dec '15 Vargussucksformoney 3
3 Schuster Rd - BLACK MOLD, unethical, nonrespo... (May '15) May '15 Former Tenant 2
Black Mold - 3 Schuster Road, Falmouth (May '15) May '15 Sue M 2
News Pat Shingleton: "Edwin Got Zapped..." (Feb '15) Feb '15 jonsmith55 1

Falmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falmouth Mortgages