Skipped pledge ruffles feathers in Fa...

Skipped pledge ruffles feathers in Falmouth

There are 6 comments on the Cape Cod Times story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Skipped pledge ruffles feathers in Falmouth. In it, Cape Cod Times reports that:

In this screen capture from a video provided by Falmouth Community Television, Melissa Freitag, vice chair of the Falmouth board of selectmen, is shown at a meeting on Monday during which she declined a request to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Cod Times.

Rick

Worcester, MA

#1 Apr 25, 2012
This is another display of disrespect for the constitution and the United States. Ms. Freitag should resign get position immediately or better yet, move to a country like Iraq, Iran, or Afghanastan where I'm sure she will enjoy much more freedom. This is disgusting!!!! Start the recall NOW!!!
mary

Plymouth, MA

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Yes Ms. Freitag because it's all about you...never forget that......
Roland

Warren, RI

#3 Apr 25, 2012
And we wonder why this country is going in the direction it is. Shame on this person. I am from RI and heard this on my way in to work this morning and could not let it go. This person is supposed to represent a form of government under the United States constitution yet she chooses NOT to pledge allegiance to it. Where does she pledge her allegiance? Men and women lose their lifes daily showing their allegiance for this country. I, as well as most of my family visit Cape Cod including Falmouth numerous times during the year. Falmouth is a beautiful place but as far as we are concerned we will no longer bring our business to a jurisdiction that allows its elected leaders to disrespect our great country. I don't know this person who calls herself a selectman but I know her type. She either needs to issue an apology to all Americans or be thrown out of office!
Michael

New York, NY

#4 Apr 25, 2012
You people are loons. Maybe she refused because she realized they were all adults with important work to do and shouldn't be acting like they're still in grade school?
Rhodycop

Warren, RI

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Mike, you better look at the whole picture again. The "adult" had enough time to read a poem instead of solve problems but could not pledge allegiance to her country.
Patriot

Concord, MA

#6 May 1, 2012
Some people posting here have forgotten why we have freedom of speech. The United States isn't going to collapse because someone chooses to read a poem instead of worshiping the flag at a public assembly. The mobbing that took place reminds me of the films one sees of Nazi Germany and fascist Italy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hidden Wind Turbine Documents Could Prove Costl... Nov 20 Bob DeLeo 1
Pillars of Hercules (Jul '14) Nov 10 anonymous 33
News Wynn made official captain (Jan '08) Oct '16 Cops are degenerates 23
The Little Crooked House (Apr '12) Sep '16 David Evans 6
News Clinton campaign halfway to $1 billion fundrais... Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
Does anyone know what happen to River Colt. (Nov '11) Aug '16 David 10
Vote for Hillary Aug '16 Terry 1

Falmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falmouth Mortgages