Fallston residents sue Jones Junction, BGE and County

Oct 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Baltimore Sun

Three Fallston couples have lawsuits pending against Harford County, the Jones Junction auto dealership, BGE and a real estate company over lighting on a Jones Junction Property near Fallston that they say has disrupted their quality of life for more than a year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Harford County Republican

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

It Sounds like those Fallston couples are trying to "have their cake and eat it too".
College prof

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

No, it sounds like the Jones Junction employees are posting crap again. Go back to doing what you know...ripping people off.
Bel Air

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

I think the people just want to sleep at night, don't we all?
jim014

Abingdon, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

It costs a little extra to make the light stay on the lot but it IS very possible. After a certain hour is seems ridiculous to waste so much energy to keep the lot (or any location which is closed for business at the time) lit at full level. Maybe one day retailers will be shamed into not being so wasteful with the country's energy.
Bel Air

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

jim014 wrote:
It costs a little extra to make the light stay on the lot but it IS very possible. After a certain hour is seems ridiculous to waste so much energy to keep the lot (or any location which is closed for business at the time) lit at full level. Maybe one day retailers will be shamed into not being so wasteful with the country's energy.
I don't remember the year, maybe it was in the 70's during an energy crises, but the goevrnment mandated that all commercial entities turn off their signs after a certain time at night. I have never understood why any business has every light in the place on when they are closed. I mean really, no one is out driving at 3 AM, so why are all the lights on? Even SHA turns the signals to flashing in the middle of the night. Just a waste!
Fingers

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Harford County Republican wrote:
It Sounds like those Fallston couples are trying to "have their cake and eat it too".
I agree. Just be glad it's not a run down dump like it used to be.
Fingers

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I agree!!!
Pete Moss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

This raises an interesting question though. Why in the hell do car dealerships need to be lit up like this at night? And don't say for security reasons. Every car on the lot has an alarm in it and it would be a simple matter to use motion-sensing security lights and video cameras. Light pollution is a major problem, not only in Fallston but everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fallston Discussions

Search the Fallston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Bel Air, MD (Sep '10) Jul 19 dirty mike 36
Dead Beat Dads Jul 17 Bewildered 1
do not buy from jones junction used cars (Jul '12) Jul 15 Silly times 65
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun 24 Jon SpellMAN 16
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
Bel Air Police issue warnings for trespassers i... Mar '14 Kate 1
Where can i find cheap dental work in Southern ... (Oct '13) Feb '14 Vama 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fallston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••