Animal shelters reach out with TV

Animal shelters reach out with TV

There are 6 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 13, 2007, titled Animal shelters reach out with TV. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

As is often the case on an outdoor film set, interruptions occurred. Traffic noise forced the production crew to stop work, performers showed up late and narrators needed time to settle into position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

concerned citizen

Glen Burnie, MD

#1 Jun 22, 2007
Today I witnessed the worst conditions imaginable. I traveled for an hour to fill out an adoption request for an animal I found here on petfinder and words cannot express the horror I saw there. The Harford Shelter in Fallston, Maryland should get an award for "Most Misleading Website." Not only do they take online donations for pets that are not even at their facility, but they wrongly give an online impression that the environment is a kind and loving atmosphere. The reality of the situation is that the facility allows their animals to live in horrific conditions. For starters, the "shelter" has no air conditioning system and the animals are kept in filthy conditions in sweltering heat. When I returned home, I found this news article online verifying some of what I just witnessed today:
http://www.examiner.com/a-553805~Conditions_a...

Obviously, it seems the conditions in Fallston haven't gone totally unnoticed. Is there something that can be done to futher help these poor animals? They are suffering so much. It makes me sick to know that a facility is up and operating under such conditions. I would liken such a state in human terms to a Stalinist gulag. These poor poor poor animals! How can the people operating this shelter sleep at night? They're no better than criminals if they can keep these wonderful animals in such deplorable conditions!

Also, this article states that the Harford Shelter in Maryland receives 790,000 dollars in annual income. If this is true, where is all this money going? The 50-year-old farmhouse, which I will kindly call a "shack", where the dogs and cats are confined at this facility, obviously doesn't cost them anything. There is no mortgage to pay, etc. Why can't they come up with some money for air-conditioning? Is someone pocketing this money? It leads one to wonder.

If you don't believe me about the condition of this shelter go and see it for yourself. I beg you to do so..........HELP!
Dianne

AOL

#4 Sep 14, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
Today I witnessed the worst conditions imaginable. I traveled for an hour to fill out an adoption request for an animal I found here on petfinder and words cannot express the horror I saw there. The Harford Shelter in Fallston, Maryland should get an award for "Most Misleading Website." Not only do they take online donations for pets that are not even at their facility, but they wrongly give an online impression that the environment is a kind and loving atmosphere. The reality of the situation is that the facility allows their animals to live in horrific conditions. For starters, the "shelter" has no air conditioning system and the animals are kept in filthy conditions in sweltering heat. When I returned home, I found this news article online verifying some of what I just witnessed today:
http://www.examiner.com/a-553805~Conditions_a...
Obviously, it seems the conditions in Fallston haven't gone totally unnoticed. Is there something that can be done to futher help these poor animals? They are suffering so much. It makes me sick to know that a facility is up and operating under such conditions. I would liken such a state in human terms to a Stalinist gulag. These poor poor poor animals! How can the people operating this shelter sleep at night? They're no better than criminals if they can keep these wonderful animals in such deplorable conditions!
Also, this article states that the Harford Shelter in Maryland receives 790,000 dollars in annual income. If this is true, where is all this money going? The 50-year-old farmhouse, which I will kindly call a "shack", where the dogs and cats are confined at this facility, obviously doesn't cost them anything. There is no mortgage to pay, etc. Why can't they come up with some money for air-conditioning? Is someone pocketing this money? It leads one to wonder.
If you don't believe me about the condition of this shelter go and see it for yourself. I beg you to do so..........HELP!
Concerned - Please see Harford County 712 comments for all you ever wanted to know about Harford County Humane Society. Many of us are fighting for change there and it is a slow, uphill battle. If you want to help notify David Craig's office of your concerns. Thanks for writing.
Bonnie-Abingdon

Redmond, WA

#5 Sep 14, 2007
Concerned Citizen-

If you do read the 712 comments, please read all
with an open mind...even the shelter supporters!
The one's actually working with the animals to help, not hiding behind PC's and fake names.
reader

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Sep 15, 2007
Also be open to the fact that there are people that cannot tell their identities because of the fear of retaliation. Some are also working everyday with animals.
Bonnie-Abingdon

Redmond, WA

#7 Sep 15, 2007
Reader,

Ok. Fair enough. Just want all comments read with an open mind.

God bless the animals!
reader

Lake Worth, FL

#8 Sep 16, 2007
Thanks Bonnie!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fallston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bel Air veterinarian, Harford Farm Fair co-foun... Tue jim fielder 1
The Sad Bel Air Police Department (Jan '07) Jan 29 natureboy 288
What happened to my favorite restaurant Scottos? Jan 28 drewber 3
do not buy from jones junction used cars (Jul '12) Dec '16 jesus 99
Auto Showcase of Bel Air SCAM ARTIST CROOKS Dec '16 NicEl 1
News Reputed 'Bloods' Gang Member Charged In Shooting (Mar '06) Oct '16 Watchwhoubeefwit 456
bel air sucks (Jun '08) Aug '16 Derek 30

Fallston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fallston Mortgages