Predator at DuBois Mall?
Boats-n-Hoes

Altoona, PA

#1 Nov 2, 2012
I heard this story from a co-worker today and wondered if anyone else has heard of it or anything similar.

Apparently an Asian man who works at or is otherwise connected to the Nail Time salon in the mall has been stalking young girls from store to store. Per the version I heard today, both the mall and the police have received complaints but cannot do anything because a real crime hasn't been committed yet. I haven't been able to find any credible evidence that this is true, but I'd like to know if anyone has heard stories about it.
Confucius

Youngsville, PA

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Confucius say,
Man with hand in pocket,
feel cocky all day!

Poor little chinaman perv.
EAT IT

Altoona, PA

#3 Nov 12, 2012
So..he's walking around looking at girls? What do you think the 50 teenage boys that walk around the mall are doing? Or the old men that sit on the benches?
Boats-n-Hos

West Decatur, PA

#4 Dec 7, 2012
EAT IT wrote:
So..he's walking around looking at girls? What do you think the 50 teenage boys that walk around the mall are doing? Or the old men that sit on the benches?
Teens and passive old men are one thing, but a grown man stalking groups of pre-teen girls from store to store is entirely different.
Es and Tea

Clearfield, PA

#5 Dec 7, 2012
What about that big gay guy who trolls the mall for the young guys? He's been doing that for years.
punxsutawney mother

New York, NY

#6 Dec 22, 2012
My daughter and a friend were sitting on a bench in front of nail time about 2 months ago. An asian man sat beside them and made my daughter uncomfortable. She got up to leave and he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. She pulled away and left. Her friend stood to leave and he grabbed her bag and told her to stay. I went to nail time and questioned the man at the desk and was told he didn't know what I was talking about. My daughter's friend saw him go into nail time. I contacted mall security. He also was told, by the man at nail time, that he didn't know the man. Nothing was done. My daughter, her friend and I were in sears trying to decide what to do next. Walked by nail time and there was the asian man talking to the other man at the desk, who said he didn't know him minutes before. I ran for security again and again the man was hidden. Security did evenually talk to the man. Dubois police were called. To make a long story short his word against theirs . My daughter is 11. Please let me know if you know of anything more.
Boats-n-Hoes wrote:
I heard this story from a co-worker today and wondered if anyone else has heard of it or anything similar.
Apparently an Asian man who works at or is otherwise connected to the Nail Time salon in the mall has been stalking young girls from store to store. Per the version I heard today, both the mall and the police have received complaints but cannot do anything because a real crime hasn't been committed yet. I haven't been able to find any credible evidence that this is true, but I'd like to know if anyone has heard stories about it.
Not sure

New York, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2013
I really don't think this makes someone a predator
punxsutawney mother

Westland, MI

#8 Jan 13, 2013
and so is grabbing an arm and a shopping bag of eleven year old girls!!
wondering

Meadville, PA

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Predator or not, if it were your 11 year old daughter, I assure you, you would feel differently. No one has the right to touch your child or make them feel uncomfortable - PERIOD!

The other point is - if he wasn't doing anything wrong, why hide when confronted? If it was all innocent, then why would you not say so?

It is all very disturbing to me that someone thinks that the behavior is normal or ok.
Sandy

Du Bois, PA

#10 Jan 17, 2013
wondering wrote:
Predator or not, if it were your 11 year old daughter, I assure you, you would feel differently. No one has the right to touch your child or make them feel uncomfortable - PERIOD!
The other point is - if he wasn't doing anything wrong, why hide when confronted? If it was all innocent, then why would you not say so?
It is all very disturbing to me that someone thinks that the behavior is normal or ok.
No this kind of behavior is not normal. Most predators start out just browsing and hanging around. You tell me as you're a normal adult would you do the things he is doing and feel that it is normal? No you wouldn't even think to talk to let alone touch a child whom you don't know. Each approach he is going to get more comfortable with what he is doing and do worse. You know it's pretty sad when your kids can't go to parks or malls now days because of people like this in the world. Predators see these kind of places as buffets to them.
Boats-n-Hos

Stump Creek, PA

#11 Jan 25, 2013
Sadly, punxsutawney mother's post actually confirms parts of the story I knew but unintentionally left out of my original post.

It's troubling that the authorities cannot do anything in this situation, until some real harm is done. While nothing has been proven, I am taking a "where there's smoke, there's fire" mentality here. I'm not a vigilante, but I will be on my guard when I'm at the mall.
wondering

Meadville, PA

#12 Jan 28, 2013
Boats-n-Hos, that is the best approach when it comes to keeping our children safe. Sad that we have to be so guarded and even more sad that nothing can be done even when we know that there is 'smoke' as you put it.
fearful

Burr Hill, VA

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Maybe he will rape someone on the benches in front of JC Penny's in public, broad daylight. Then the police will bust him for sure! it's only a matter of time if we don't do something about this menace, grab your pitchforks and lets hang this pervert!
Gaylord

Clearfield, PA

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Es and Tea wrote:
What about that big gay guy who trolls the mall for the young guys? He's been doing that for years.
He was putting notes on peoples cars in the parking lot at the mall over the weekend.
Max

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Jan 30, 2014
What? I thought the gay ninja was dead? They let him roam for years
Andrew swartz

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Jan 30, 2014
Nope he is alive smelling up the public library. Seriously someone needs to give him the mental help he needs. Its not only a danger to you ng boys but to himself.
Anonymous

Johnsonburg, PA

#17 Aug 27, 2015
Just putting this out there, that might not be such a problem if you didn't let your 11 year old daughter dress like a little whore.. I'm seriously dumbfounded in what parents will let their preteen daughters go out in. Seriously, what happened to teaching kids modesty? Btw I'm 26 not 66 in case you all were wondering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
speeding ticket (Apr '15) May 6 Squirrel 4
Scott plyler Apr 27 More news please 2
News Hunter Makes Grisly Discovery In Jefferson County (Nov '06) Mar '17 Annie 109
police harassment Mar '17 All In The Candles 2
Looking for info. Feb '17 anomnus 1
cab service? Jan '17 gus1 1
DuBois Diner (Jan '14) Jan '17 gus1 3

Falls Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falls Creek Mortgages