Myself

Nebraska City, NE

#1 Sep 21, 2012
I wonder if anyone around Falls City uses an aquaponics system to grow food and fish. I have seen alot online about it but would like to see an actual system at work and compare notes on how to build one.
ummm

Lincoln, NE

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Myself wrote:
I wonder if anyone around Falls City uses an aquaponics system to grow food and fish. I have seen alot online about it but would like to see an actual system at work and compare notes on how to build one.
To many people in Falls City are going to confuse your aquaponics with "hydroponics". LMFAO... I'm sure they have extensive knowledge of the latter.
Myself

Nebraska City, NE

#3 Sep 22, 2012
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
To many people in Falls City are going to confuse your aquaponics with "hydroponics". LMFAO... I'm sure they have extensive knowledge of the latter.
There is a lot about it on the net and more all the time. They say a person can be fed year round on about 25 square feet (2.5x10) of grow bed space and a similar volume fish tank. This is a closed loop system where the fish poop feeds the plants and the plants filter the water for the fish. Many people are starting to grow indoors so that it can be done year round using artificial growing lights. One could also use a temperature controlled greenhouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Ronnebaum (May '14) 36 min grape vine 10
Ro.xy30,blues, black t.ar,subs,H etc 18 hr Issues 2
Lana Brandon (Mar '14) May 18 open your eyes 39
Scorned May 18 no vasoline 2
1972 GTO FROM EDDE MOTORS Red with White painte... May 12 Gtodon 5
Courthouse May 2 Billy Bob 11
The Den May 1 Yoyo 2

Falls City Jobs

Personal Finance

Falls City Mortgages