Since: Jun 10

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Hi Sandra. Life Line Screening does not report results to anyone but the customer. While you are encouraged to share the results with your doctor, it is up to you if you wish to share them. We'd like to look into any possible false-negatives in your mother's tests so please contact me directly at JReizes@llsa.com.
Russell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

I had 4 of their test run today, won't have results for 21 days. What I want to ask is what univ or firm did they send their mailing with when they work in other cities. I'm from Oklahoma and they had a big O U Medicine on the outside of the envelope and also in the letter heading, kind of deceptive if u ask me. Thought I was going to a OU clinic. When I got there they knew nothing about OU. The man running one of the test , said 2 or3 other people had mentioned it. If I had known it wasn't O U I wouldn't have been there in the first place, but beings they got your money, your stuck. Can't they get their own business, or do they have to kickback to universities and firms for there name use. I feel its a scam to get people to use their service. I had had the cartiod artery at a hospital before and it was normal, can't wait to see what this one says, it last about 2 minutes, one in hospital was like a 30 minute test. Just sharing my opion. Tryed to call the company after I got home, guess what, operator only, leave number and we'll call you. Reckon that will ever happen. Just my personel opion, but I think I been had.

“Joelle at Life Line Screening”

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Hi Russell, thank you for your questions. Many medical organizations will sponsor a Life Line Screening event for their community. The event you attended was sponsored by the Oklahoma University Medical Center.

Here is another example of an upcoming event sponsored by OUM on November 28, 2011, that is printed on the third page of the First Christian Church newsletter: http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/do...

The purpose of Life Line Screening’s carotid artery screening is to determine if you need to have further medical evaluation, such as the 30-minute testing provided by the hospital. Of course, if it was an emergency, you would have been told to go to the hospital immediately. The complete testing results that you will receive within 21 days, after review by our licensed physicians, will provide you with a marker for your overall health and should be shared with your physician.

We wish you well and invite you to let us know how your tests turned out. Please know, too, that you can expect Life Line Screening to get back to you, if we haven’t already. As your trusted medical source, Life Line Screening wants to answer your questions and show you, our consumer, a positive experience in being proactive about your healthcare.
Russell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

What does sponsor a event mean? That Life Line pays the University for the use of their name to draw patients to their clinics. Because not one persons doing the work at the clinic I attented knew anything about University of Okla Medical having anything to do with them being there holding a screening. To me, its just false advertising to draw people to a clinic that otherwise they would never attend.

“Joelle at Life Line Screening”

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Russell: Actually, no money is exchanged between Life Line Screening and UOM, or any of our community partners for that matter. Our sponsors similarly believe in bringing affordable testing to their communities so that people can get an overall marker for their health to share with their doctors. Life Line Screening health screenings can also be done without having to deal with any insurance pre-approvals. For these reasons, our community partners and sponsors work with us to bring these valuable health screening services to their communities. While we apologize for any confusion, the team is fully aware of our partnership with the University. There are also now materials at the site from OU to underscore our work with them. We are very pleased to have this important partner in the region.
sueinil

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Going to doctor and requesting tests is fine, but if the insurance company does not OK them then you either pay thousands or just don't get them done. I was part of a research study by a prestigious university for three years and the results recommended that people in my risk level should have a CT scan. My doc knew of the study and agreed; the insurance company would not allow it. My point is that most folks cannot afford these tests on their own without insurance helping to pay and at times the ins. companies simply deny the tests. I am going for a screening tomorrow; an hour of my time and $100.00 might be worth it for me. I just hope the techs are good.
Linda

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Just goes to prove you can find negative and positive about ANYTHING!! If you want the test, take it...no harm.
dr spock

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

LLS Employee wrote:
As an employee of Life Line Screening, I thought I'd add my .02 here.
The Carotid artery screening, the AAA and the P.A.D. Screening are the three main screenings and have value.
The Osteo screening is only a risk assesment, it lets you know if you are at risk of Osteoporois. If you already know you are at risk or are being treated for it, you do not need this test. Men under the age of 60 do not need this test unless their doctor has advised them otherwise.
The Afib test does not take pictures of the heart, it simply tests for an irregular heart beat.
If you are under the care of a doctor for heart disease, or have had a stroke these screenings are not for you.
Life Line Screening does not diagnose and they do not treat. They are there for information not to be used as a second opinion or as a cheap doctor visit.
Also if you do not want all of the tests offered in the package prices, ask the CSR when you call and they can give you an individual test price, which usually range from $45 -$55 ea.
I would not have any tests(screening rather) done with this company. Well maybe one, for halitosis, but only if it was free. What is obvious to me is that I need a vision exam because I can't read the "small print" in their brochure. I think I'll call them though, and ask "how much for a sperm count"?
difranco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

ItsJustMeHoney wrote:
I was all prepared to sign up for these tests...even had them on the phone and was on hold, when I thought, belatedly, to google them. Found an in-depth article about them and thought I would share it with you folks. It has changed my mind, and I intend to discuss with my physician whether I need any of these tests or not. I had severl sonograms and such a couple years ago, regarding arterial flow. Think I would prefer to rely on my doctor, now that I have put more thought to it. You might, as well.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-hea...
If people would educate themselves between the difference of a screening verses a diagnostic procedure, then their false expectations of receiving a "clean bill of health" would be way-laid. It is a SCREENING people!
JOHN PHYSIOTHERAPIST

Darwin, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO AND SEE A LICENCED MEDICAL PRACTITIONER. THIS IS A ONE BIG SCAM. SO WHAT IF THE TEST SHOWS POSITIVE RESULTS? WHAT DO YOU DO THEN? HAVE AN OPERATION STRAIGHT AWAY? LISTEN TO THE GUY ABOVE WHO SAID HE HAD A HEART ATTACK DESPITE HAVING THE SCREENING. PREVENTATIVE SCREENING IS ONLY GOOD ONLY IF IT IS EVIDENCED BASED!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK OUT http://commonsensemd.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/...

FOR MORE DOCTORS AND EX-EMPLOYEE'S POINT OF VIEW..
Good Luck to Everyone

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

I scheduled an app for this sat. I feel that even if these results are only correct 10% of the time If I am diagnosed with a problem and happen to be one of those 10% or even if its as low as 1% it would be worth all the money in the world if it saves my life you can't put a price on that! I'm sure that anyone who has been diagnosed in time to save there life will agree with me.
Annie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

HowAbout wrote:
Sure the tests may be cheap, however are there hidden high costs for them to be read by a licensed practitioner? Like when you have x-rays taken and then 2 months later get a large bill from a technician/radiologst who supposedly 'read' them for your doctor. Check the company out with certified state board of medicine. Call the BBB to see if any complaints have been filed.
Just some suggestions so as not to get 'scammed'.
Thats a lie! There are no extra costs!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 92 of92
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Falls City Forum right now

Search the Falls City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Storm Warning 1 hr Hindsight 5
Sharon 14 hr screwed 2
Meth and moms 18 hr Freddy 4
Lana Brandon Mon fool all- all the time 24
missing Sun really 7
Who do you support for County Sheriff in Nebras... (Oct '10) Jul 19 anonymous 5
Brandy Sharp Jul 17 ttsqky 9
•••
•••