ballfields

Muscotah, KS

#1 Aug 26, 2012
Went to the opening of the new ball field, wow it looked great. Didn't think High School Softball could compete with Legion Baseball but it did. I'll be back to watch more games. Good job girls it was fun to watch.
washout

Olathe, KS

#2 Aug 27, 2012
I enjoyed the game as well BUT the field is now a swimming pool. Water still standing on Sunday afternoon at 4pm on 60 percent of the field. The new design is very poor and I sure hope the other fields are better.
Wrong

Falls City, NE

#3 Aug 28, 2012
washout wrote:
I enjoyed the game as well BUT the field is now a swimming pool. Water still standing on Sunday afternoon at 4pm on 60 percent of the field. The new design is very poor and I sure hope the other fields are better.
Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when we get over five inches of rain it doesn't magically disappear and drain right off the fields. The soil can only absorb so much moisture at a time. The ground was very dry if you haven't noticed the DROUGHT we have been in for months. When you get that much rain it can't take it all very fast. You should go ahead and say all the county roads are very poorly designed as well because the rain washed huge ruts and holes in them. We get something nice in this community and all you can do is criticize.
imho

Lincoln, NE

#4 Aug 28, 2012
washout wrote:
"The new design is very poor".????? How would you design a ball field to drain 7 1/2 inches of rain(my gauge) in a 24 hour period to be playable the next day? These are not hundreds of million dollar ball fields such as the major leagues to handle this situation. This company does this for a living so I would assume they are a little more educated in this area than you. My advice, TAKE A HIKE!!!!!
Wow

Falls City, NE

#5 Aug 28, 2012
I wonder if the new football field also drains to the middle of the field.
crown

Lincoln, NE

#6 Aug 28, 2012
The infield should have been "crowned". Rain should be draining off of the infield into the outfield, not the other way. There should have been drains installed in the perimeter of the infield that that would be able to handle the slow rains that we had. We had 36 hours without rain before the games were to be played.
dog

Muscotah, KS

#7 Aug 29, 2012
What will make us happy.....
enough

Lincoln, NE

#8 Aug 29, 2012
Full retirement benefits at 40.
dog

Muscotah, KS

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Yep!!
drained

Highland, KS

#10 Aug 29, 2012
Wow wrote:
I wonder if the new football field also drains to the middle of the field.
The drain is in the MIDDLE of the field?
Who's wonderful design was that?
That's like making the center of a roof
on a house LOWER than the outside edges.
Whats going on

Falls City, NE

#11 Sep 22, 2012
Anyone seen the ball fields lately, what are thry doign exactly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What was that 12 hr Dirk Diggler 2
Murphy out of prison (Aug '08) Sat Frenchie 91
Toxic waste Jul 31 Sasquatch 3
I can now marry Tyson Jul 28 John Marteny 4
Sheriff Porky Pounds Jul 27 Baconleg 6
6 Mile Jul 25 intheno 11
Stanton's Lake (May '10) Jul 24 Turn Around Patty 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falls City Mortgages