Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Judged:

Well I see the city council,(namely Jerry Oliver), has decided 4-3 to take a great idea and ruin it. Instead of removing the ancient and unsafe playground equipment at the south end of Stanton Lake Park and locating the dog park there, it will now be north of the volleyball court. This is an odd choice when the south end is the perfect place for the dog park for the following reasons...

1. south end is rarely used
2. it's near an existing water source- hydrant
3. it's shaded
4. includes a sheltered area for people to gather while their dogs are playing/excersing
5. has separate parking area at south end so dog park users will not interfere with those wanting to use the cabin, restrooms and the newer playground area.

I wish I had known this was before the council as I for one would have attended the meeting to express my disapproval of the motion to move the dog park.

You screwed this one up city council!!
Great China Buffet

Hiawatha, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Judged:

We are organizing our very own dog park in the back of the restaurant. Drop yours off today. We'll take good care of them
YOUR RIGHT

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Ethel Merman wrote:
Well I see the city council,(namely Jerry Oliver), has decided 4-3 to take a great idea and ruin it. Instead of removing the ancient and unsafe playground equipment at the south end of Stanton Lake Park and locating the dog park there, it will now be north of the volleyball court. This is an odd choice when the south end is the perfect place for the dog park for the following reasons...
1. south end is rarely used
2. it's near an existing water source- hydrant
3. it's shaded
4. includes a sheltered area for people to gather while their dogs are playing/excersing
5. has separate parking area at south end so dog park users will not interfere with those wanting to use the cabin, restrooms and the newer playground area.
I wish I had known this was before the council as I for one would have attended the meeting to express my disapproval of the motion to move the dog park.
You screwed this one up city council!!
I agree with you, but I thing J.O. is just someones lacky. So M.M. should go to the park board and over ride J.O. & C.B. and get the dog park on the south end where it should be.
info

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

i think it should be were they are gona put it at be better fore the pet owners since the restrooms are at the north end not the south end
Common Sense

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

I think the dogs should be out by the Humane Society. I walk the trail a lot and I really don't want to listen to barking dogs and smell dog crap. We have a beautiful park. Why ruin it? I don't think a dog park belongs in a public park anyway. These people undoubtedly don't like kids. They want the kids out of the park so they can have their dogs in the park.
In Awe

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

Common Sense wrote:
I think the dogs should be out by the Humane Society. I walk the trail a lot and I really don't want to listen to barking dogs and smell dog crap. We have a beautiful park. Why ruin it? I don't think a dog park belongs in a public park anyway. These people undoubtedly don't like kids. They want the kids out of the park so they can have their dogs in the park.
I agree. Some folks walk their dogs around the lake trail and never ever clean up their messes. If children are playing in the park or near the lake, the chances are very good they will step in something. If you want to walk your dogs in the Stanton Lake park area, please know that there are blue bags for your use and a place to leave them when you are done CLEANING UP AFTER YOU PET!!!!
George Orwell

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

The old playground equipment could have been moved toward the north end, freeing up the south end for the dog park, away from other park visitors. Your city councilmen are the ones who chose to place the doggies up near the new playground equipment, restroom, cabin, etc. Call them if you don't like their chosen location.
Unfortunately, there are people who don't clean up after THEMSLEVES let alone their pets!
And fyi... The Richardson County Humane Society has nothing to do with the dog park.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

every town should have a dog park
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Judged:

Are you people really B:+€hing about a dog park?!?!
old timer

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

people that have pets should use their own yard for them to crap in, and band them from the walking path! also while talking about the park the city should do a way with them dasty duck they crap everwhere!
Hey Now

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2011

Frisbee Golf Course would be perfect at Stanton's! It could even run up through the arboretum! Oh and to all you DOG OWNERS...PICK UP AFTER YOUR DAMN ANIMALS! I use that park a lot and it is no fun stepping in your pet's crap. Also if your going to be fishing with your dog or walking your dog and that dog is a giant German shepherd or some other large animal that "you know" is going to chase ducks, chase other dogs, or chase another HUMAN...keep them away!! Make sure you can control your animal before you bring it to a public park with small children and people jogging, walking, etc. You freaking people are a JOKE!
Sam Clemens

Nebraska City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Falls City Council members voted to rescind a motion approved in November to build a dog park north of the sand volleyball court at Stanton Lake. Melvin Voegele and Cheryl Werner who live across the street from the selected site asked the Council to reconsider their earlier action that passed on a 4-3 vote with one abstention.
Guenter Hussenoeder who also lives on the same street supported the request to have the dog park built south of the Lake at Stanton Lake Park.
Councilmen voted 5-2 in favor of rescinding the previous action with Council members Jerry Oliver and Ryan Rieschick casting the no votes. The dog park will now be built south of the lake.

Yippee!
Bow Woe

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

Sam Clemens wrote:
Falls City Council members voted to rescind a motion approved in November to build a dog park north of the sand volleyball court at Stanton Lake. Melvin Voegele and Cheryl Werner who live across the street from the selected site asked the Council to reconsider their earlier action that passed on a 4-3 vote with one abstention.
Guenter Hussenoeder who also lives on the same street supported the request to have the dog park built south of the Lake at Stanton Lake Park.
Councilmen voted 5-2 in favor of rescinding the previous action with Council members Jerry Oliver and Ryan Rieschick casting the no votes. The dog park will now be built south of the lake.
Yippee!
Looks like J.O. got his ass handed to him.He's just a lacky remember this the next election!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Falls City Discussions

Search the Falls City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
kyle whistler 5 hr supreme pizza 1
missing 13 hr really 20
Trisha Ogden 14 hr Lucky 3 7
NE sex offender restrictions (Nov '09) 16 hr red 46
Meth and moms Jul 28 Casey 6
When will they be executing John Lotter? (May '07) Jul 27 booboo 1,297
Swimming Pool Jul 27 Kiddies 20
•••
•••