First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2012
30 plus carries in a 54 to 7 win?

Appears that fchs has no other backs or they are trying to build stats for an individual.

Really!
OH Ya

Columbus, NE

#2 Sep 25, 2012
Well sometimes in sports you have "go with what you got"....
stats

Olathe, KS

#3 Sep 26, 2012
According to the fcj there were 7 total backs that carried the ball. 2 of them had 84% of the carries and the other 5 had 16% or 8 total carries in a game that wasn't even close.

I would understand that in a close game but this was a blowout. Get the young ones in and involved in the flow of a varsity game. The jv is currently unbeaten and those kids deserve some pt in front of a homecoming crowd.

Not to take away from a great individual performance because it was!
TigerFan

Muscotah, KS

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Wasn't it great to see the Tiger football game mentioned on the front page for once instead of that "other" team?
Journalist

Olathe, KS

#5 Sep 26, 2012
At least there was an article with stats. The first 2 weeks only mentioned a couple individuals names. It appears that fchs only had a couple kids playing. A 50 yd plus td was not even worth mentioning in the write up. Fc scored 14 points with only 1 td.
TigerFan

Muscotah, KS

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Is the Journal biased?
Journalist

Olathe, KS

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Not sure. They can only print the info they are given. Evidently the coaches thought the stoller td was not worthy of being mentioned as a big play.
mm hmm

Muscotah, KS

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Journalist wrote:
Not sure. They can only print the info they are given. Evidently the coaches thought the stoller td was not worthy of being mentioned as a big play.
the stoller td was on the front page!!
Wrong

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 26, 2012
mm hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
the stoller td was on the front page!!
It was at the AG game not Lutheran!
imho

Nebraska City, NE

#10 Sep 28, 2012
Why wrote:
30 plus carries in a 54 to 7 win?
Appears that fchs has no other backs or they are trying to build stats for an individual.
Really!
Open mouth, insert foot!!!! lmao.........
tiger fan

Muscotah, KS

#11 Sep 29, 2012
Did the tigers win against Syracuse?
John Marteny

Lincoln, NE

#12 Oct 2, 2012
I love football, especially when the quarterback gets right behind the man hiking the ball and rubs up against him!
Chicken Dinner

Falls City, NE

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Yes, they beat Syracuse...32-8.

And for those of you griping because CH had a lot of carries during the HC game...what ever happened to going with what's working? That wasn't more obvious than last Friday, when MH was being more effective, so he had more carries that CH did. It's about winning..not padding statistics. Plain the simple.

Oh, and the word is that RM (#30) has quit the team.
GO TIGERS

Muscotah, KS

#14 Oct 6, 2012
What a difference .....way to coach ....
TIGER FAN

Muscotah, KS

#15 Oct 6, 2012
Brandt Vice - amazing what you can do when a coach believes in you! Thanks Coaches for mixing it up and giving kids a chance.
Fan

Muscotah, KS

#16 Oct 7, 2012
Chicken Dinner wrote:
Yes, they beat Syracuse...32-8.
And for those of you griping because CH had a lot of carries during the HC game...what ever happened to going with what's working? That wasn't more obvious than last Friday, when MH was being more effective, so his that RM (#30) has quit the team.
Who is RM?
GO TIGERS

Falls City, NE

#17 Oct 8, 2012
RM is Ryan Mount...I assume. He is #30 I believe...or was I guess.
tiger fan

Muscotah, KS

#18 Oct 13, 2012
Did they get to finish the game with Auburn after the rain delay?
Barack Romney

Falls City, NE

#19 Oct 13, 2012
No. 35-0 win
John Marteny

Lincoln, NE

#20 Oct 18, 2012
I love football, especially when the quarterback gets right behind the man hiking the ball and rubs up against him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is this Gay? (Oct '14) 20 hr John Marteny 15
Shrooms 20 hr John Marteny 17
John Marteny 20 hr John Marteny 17
Other Fitness Center 23 hr Hmm 3
Is anybody paying attention to government spend... Thu Fed up 4
4:20 Apr 20 Dr Weed 1
FCHS Baseball (Jul '13) Apr 16 mike 24
More from around the web

Falls City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]