First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Leanne

London, UK

#1 Jan 9, 2007
I have recently watched the film Boys dont cry and the documentry made about the life of Teena Brandon. I must just say what a awful awful mess how could someone do such a thing to someone who is just wanting to live their life. I didn't buy the fact that Lana was in love with her as she seemed so sly. It said at the end of the film that Lana still lives in Falls City don't suppose any of you guys know her or her mother. It really made me think about what sort of community Falls City is. It made you people out to be so narrow minded (im sure you's are not)Just totally sucked in by this whole sorry saga.
Any comments would be appreciated
Amazed

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2007
I'm amazed by the people who watch a movie and think it is absolutly 100% true. How accurate can a movie be when one of the people murdered in real life isn't even portrayed in the movie at all. Stop including all of Falls City when you talk about this movie, most people in town didn't even know any of the losers involved.
GAG ME

Green Bay, WI

#3 Jan 9, 2007
So true! The true story is sad, but the movie is just that, a movie it was made for entertainment purposes. If a movie is based on a true story it is only based on the big thing that happened. It doesn't look at the whole picture. Everyone within a 40 mile radius is the same as all of them or atleast that is what the movie leads you to believe. Oh and Lana is not the most attractive lady in town. Not very eye catching when all someone does is wipe her nose and sniff 20 times in line at the grocery store. Can you say "nose candy"? It is a good thing we aren't all like the above.
Story Time

Green Bay, WI

#4 Jan 9, 2007
The movie Boy's Don't Cry is BASED on Brandon.
The documentary is a collection of opinion from some of the people involved.
The book is innacurate at best.

They are all a Brandon Teena STORY!
common sense

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2007
Brandon Tenna did not ever exist, Teena Brandon did.
LetsSee

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2007
Can't recall everything but Teena Brandon used more than 1 psuedo-name for herself........even used relative names at some point.....committing ID fraud and theft...still no reason for her and 2 others to be killed . The movie was no where close to telling the truth about the whole thing. Her family seems to love and accept her actions more "after the fact" than when she was alive. Making one wonder if they are doing so to attain monetary gain..just an opinion....
sad

Lincoln, NE

#7 Jan 9, 2007
Leanne wrote:
It said at the end of the film that Lana still lives in Falls City don't suppose any of you guys know her or her mother. It really made me think about what sort of community Falls City is. It made you people out to be so narrow minded (im sure you's are not)Just totally sucked in by this whole sorry saga.
Any comments would be appreciated
Lana was NEVER the "prettiest girl in town" and her mother is nothing like the lady portrayed on TV....worse. These people in the movie were (in real-life Falls City) all the dopers and losers during high school in the 90s. The movie was so not close to portraying anything closely...town or population. Except for the incompetence of the Sheriff....which was pretty close. Even the actors for John & Tom were portrayed as smarter on screen than they actually were in real life.
What a sick situation.
Tell Me More

Green Bay, WI

#8 Jan 9, 2007
You know they say the right amount can heal the heart for some.
kate

United States

#10 Jan 9, 2007
Leanne wrote:
I have recently watched the film Boys dont cry and the documentry made about the life of Teena Brandon. I must just say what a awful awful mess how could someone do such a thing to someone who is just wanting to live their life. I didn't buy the fact that Lana was in love with her as she seemed so sly. It said at the end of the film that Lana still lives in Falls City don't suppose any of you guys know her or her mother. It really made me think about what sort of community Falls City is. It made you people out to be so narrow minded (im sure you's are not)Just totally sucked in by this whole sorry saga.
Any comments would be appreciated
The kids that hung around the murderers all have teenagers now, THEIR just as bad or maybe worse!
Tell Me More

Green Bay, WI

#11 Jan 9, 2007
The point is NOT EVERYONE and NOT EVEN THE MAJORITY! This town is full of great people! Nice Thoughtful and Smart. Don't group everyone together like we are all the same. Not everyone was raised to think they are less than they are. Not everyone was raised or led to believe they couldn't do anything they set their mind to. The people whom you speak of are the one who give this town the rep we have. Yes I say we because people like you that say "This town is full of". When you say what you say do you realize you are including yourself? Does that make you a narrow minded Meth and/or Dope Head? I know just because you say that I am not and never have been. I know that my family is not and never has been. All I am saying is don't group all of us together. FC isn't the terrible place people make it out to be. My kids are safer here than anywhere else I have lived. If you are a parent it is your responsiblity to raise them to maintain the standards you set. You can't just let them go about the way they choose you have to lead them and guide them. They will in return follow the examples you set.
resident

United States

#12 Jan 9, 2007
This town is weird if you ask me. Narrow minded is right. God forbid if someone of a different lifestyle come in and mess up the pretty facade of "holier than though art" people who have lived here their whole life. Sorry but being a transplant I see all of that plain as day. I lived in a big city before living here and I could handle the hustle and bustle of too much traffic and noise at night, as well as knowing my "big city" had a bad side on the other side of town. That was easier to swallow than what I see going on here.
common sense

United States

#13 Jan 9, 2007
Tell Me More wrote:
The point is NOT EVERYONE and NOT EVEN THE MAJORITY! This town is full of great people! Nice Thoughtful and Smart. Don't group everyone together like we are all the same. Not everyone was raised to think they are less than they are. Not everyone was raised or led to believe they couldn't do anything they set their mind to. The people whom you speak of are the one who give this town the rep we have. Yes I say we because people like you that say "This town is full of". When you say what you say do you realize you are including yourself? Does that make you a narrow minded Meth and/or Dope Head? I know just because you say that I am not and never have been. I know that my family is not and never has been. All I am saying is don't group all of us together. FC isn't the terrible place people make it out to be. My kids are safer here than anywhere else I have lived. If you are a parent it is your responsiblity to raise them to maintain the standards you set. You can't just let them go about the way they choose you have to lead them and guide them. They will in return follow the examples you set.
Amen,,I couldnt have said it any better!
kate

United States

#14 Jan 9, 2007
Tell Me More wrote:
The point is NOT EVERYONE and NOT EVEN THE MAJORITY! This town is full of great people! Nice Thoughtful and Smart. Don't group everyone together like we are all the same. Not everyone was raised to think they are less than they are. Not everyone was raised or led to believe they couldn't do anything they set their mind to. The people whom you speak of are the one who give this town the rep we have. Yes I say we because people like you that say "This town is full of". When you say what you say do you realize you are including yourself? Does that make you a narrow minded Meth and/or Dope Head? I know just because you say that I am not and never have been. I know that my family is not and never has been. All I am saying is don't group all of us together. FC isn't the terrible place people make it out to be. My kids are safer here than anywhere else I have lived. If you are a parent it is your responsiblity to raise them to maintain the standards you set. You can't just let them go about the way they choose you have to lead them and guide them. They will in return follow the examples you set.
if i had a chance to raise my children somewhere else i would. i do not like this town, i have lived other places in Nebraska that are alot better. Lincoln has more, their schools are better, Even Table Rock would be better or even Humboldt or Tecumseh i could go on and on. This town has a very bad drug problem with its kids and the parents My children are grown up and they do not want to live in this town again, they live in much better places now.
Amazed

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2007
kate wrote:
<quoted text>if i had a chance to raise my children somewhere else i would. i do not like this town, i have lived other places in Nebraska that are alot better. Lincoln has more, their schools are better, Even Table Rock would be better or even Humboldt or Tecumseh i could go on and on. This town has a very bad drug problem with its kids and the parents My children are grown up and they do not want to live in this town again, they live in much better places now.
Are you kidding? A city of 250,000 people has more than a town of 5,000. No way! Stupid comments like these are the reason this forum is so negative. If your children are grown up like you say then move your negative ass out of Falls City and go to Humboldt, Table Rock, or Tecumseh or one of the other places you think are so great and quit your b*tchi*g.
TMM

Green Bay, WI

#16 Jan 9, 2007
Humboldt Techumseh and Table Rock are just as bad with drugs as FC when you compare how many people live there. If think somewhere else is better then go there. Lincoln might have more but they still have crime along with everyone else. Atleast when I go to the store here I don't have to look over my shoulder worried about who is going to try to mug me.
lark

United States

#17 Jan 9, 2007
I lived in Lincoln and never worried about getting mugged. Its alot safer than you think . Lincoln is a nice town. I WALKED IN THE DARK IN LINCOLN AND WAS NEVER UNCOMFORTABLE! Don,t go shopping there if you are scared.
kiwannawanna

United States

#18 Jan 10, 2007
I am not narrow minded but there is alot of dope in town. And the kids run the streets too much They look filthy They are out way to late too.
Outsider in FC

Green Bay, WI

#19 Jan 10, 2007
"Amazed" is a perfect example of the narrow-minded folks who make up the majority of Falls City denizens....

"Don't agree with my point of view, then shut up and get out."

Way to sell FC to the world, Amazed!

There are plenty of really nice folks in FC, but under every rock there's an ambasador like "Amazed".

BTW, when I'm free to leave this armpit I'll be more than glad to pack up my marbles and hit the road. I'll only pause at the edge of town to shake the dust off my feet!
Amazed

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2007
"Outsider is FC" is a perfect example of the narrow minded folks in town who constantly complain about it being so bad here then make excuses why they can't move away.
resident

United States

#21 Jan 10, 2007
Houses don't sell here. I would imagine that would make it very hard to pack up and leave. I've seen some of these places on the market for ages it seems. How can someone just "pack up" when they're still having to pay a whole house payment on what they own here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Combining City and County (Dec '15) Sat Jailbird 4
Please Parole John Lotter Jun 11 TrUcKsUrFeR 7
Loser waitress (Jun '15) Jun 9 Wow 13
Tired of my name being used!!!! (Nov '15) May 31 Giggles 6
pool May 31 checking 1
summer rec board May '16 Always 7
Joe Revis May '16 1Baby 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falls City Mortgages