First Prev
of 12
Next Last
FC_Native

Lincoln, NE

#1 Apr 13, 2007
What does everyone thing of the Orscheln store? Is it worse under the new manager? I would have to say a definate yes in all areas.
Outsider

Green Bay, WI

#3 Apr 13, 2007
I like Orscheln just fine. I think the mgr is a good guy and nice to do biz with. I've never had a bad experience there and their prices are competitive for FC.
Agree

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2007
We've never had any problems with Orschelns. The help is always very accommodating and friendly! Some times their prices are LOWER that Farm & City! We shop both places. Farm & City has a better selection of clothing, though. especially the "name brands" like carhart & 20X or Wrangler.
Outsider wrote:
I like Orscheln just fine. I think the mgr is a good guy and nice to do biz with. I've never had a bad experience there and their prices are competitive for FC.
LetsSee

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2007
Orschelns is ok but Iv'e noticed when shoppping clearance sales (clothing) it's not much of a bargain any more. And I won't buy tires there again.....who's the little puke of a man doing the tires ? He's an arrogant little sh!t and nasty..........60 ish --kinda chunky-short--acts like he knows EVERYTHING--and I know it's not DK..........
bad day

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2007
LetsSee wrote:
Orschelns is ok but Iv'e noticed when shoppping clearance sales (clothing) it's not much of a bargain any more. And I won't buy tires there again.....who's the little puke of a man doing the tires ? He's an arrogant little sh!t and nasty..........60 ish --kinda chunky-short--acts like he knows EVERYTHING--and I know it's not DK..........
I go out there all the time for one thing or anouther, the guy you are talking about is Gary, he has always been very nice to us when we go out there, he has had a shoulder problem and surgery on it and I know he has some really bad days with it, especially since the usual tire guy quit.
Yeah but

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2007
bad day wrote:
<quoted text>I go out there all the time for one thing or anouther, the guy you are talking about is Gary, he has always been very nice to us when we go out there, he has had a shoulder problem and surgery on it and I know he has some really bad days with it, especially since the usual tire guy quit.
Even if he was having a bad day, that doesn't make it OK to be an as*hole to the customers. I have a lot of days at work where I feel like crap, but, I still have to be nice and helpful to our customers. I went to there to buy tires once, I asked the guy (although I don't think its the same guy) if he could help me and he told me "Its not my fu*king problem, find someone else" so I did, I went to Midtown Service Center, and haven't been in Orshelins since.
OhOh

United States

#9 Apr 15, 2007
Met Gary yrs ago-what a loser-seems to be prone to getting "hurt" on the job. His injuries happened "off" the clock..........just waited til went to work then claimed got hurt there for the workcomp pay and free medical. He hurt his shoulder yrs ago installing water lines in a house where he used to live in another town.
His ex girlfriend had to move out of her house to get away from him........he had to be evicted then left junk in the yard forever.
digler

Lincoln, NE

#10 Apr 16, 2007
The new acting manager is incompetent. Orschlen has really fallen off since the new manager took over a year ago and they have lost a lot of their customer base. The new manager is not courtesy and could really couldn't give a s*** from all my experiences with him. I know others that would say the same thing.
My 2 cents

Kansas City, MO

#11 Apr 16, 2007
digler wrote:
The new acting manager is incompetent. Orschlen has really fallen off since the new manager took over a year ago and they have lost a lot of their customer base. The new manager is not courtesy and could really couldn't give a s*** from all my experiences with him. I know others that would say the same thing.
I haven't been to Orchelins in a while, not my normal store. I have went there to buy tires before, and if it's the same Gary that used to work there, look out. That guy was an idiot. We got new tires, they mounted and balanced them, and about 5-6 months later had to take it in for warranty work. We hadn't done anything to the tires, but "Gary" claimed that we tightened the lugnuts too tight. I let him know that the last installer must have done it, and he basically called me a liar. He said that "we don't tighten them that tight." So much for the customer is always right. I was fuming mad and about socked him in his grill. I said a few choice words and he kept his mouth shut the rest of the time.
REPUBLIC MO

Columbia, MO

#12 Apr 25, 2007
Should i get a job there?
LetsSee

United States

#13 Apr 25, 2007
Not if you are him or just like him..........he's always "moving" around.....avoiding creditors probably and people can't stand to be around him for long..........
big no no

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2007
All these posts from someone who had a bad experience with a tire, you have bashed this guy like you want him to kiss your ass and hand you a mint for the honor of your presence, please, and bringing up his past, what's the point? Remember, he who lives in a glass house? There are very few businesses you go into that the clerk gives a shit if ever come back. Oh and by the way you took your business to Midtown? Does anyone remember when he was trying to quit smoking, talk about a**hole!
LetsSee

United States

#15 May 8, 2007
Last known-he was wanted on 2 warrants for terroristic threats against ex girlfriend and her family and still not arrested for them. The ex called RC sheriff and was told they're "too busy" cuz of the floods......what BS..........the charges stem from his threats ........against her and her family cuz they legally had his junk hauled off in April..... after 2 yrs of it being on her property. He was told by the courts to remove his junk........when he had to be evicted out of the house..........2 yrs ago..........
good point

United States

#16 May 8, 2007
LetsSee wrote:
Last known-he was wanted on 2 warrants for terroristic threats against ex girlfriend and her family and still not arrested for them. The ex called RC sheriff and was told they're "too busy" cuz of the floods......what BS..........the charges stem from his threats ........against her and her family cuz they legally had his junk hauled off in April..... after 2 yrs of it being on her property. He was told by the courts to remove his junk........when he had to be evicted out of the house..........2 yrs ago..........
Well, that seals the deal, I will never let him change anouther of my tires!
Rolo

United States

#17 May 8, 2007
LetsSee wrote:
what part of this am I not understanding------someone please tell me. This all happened over a month ago, he threatened at least 3 of the family members lives, a warrent has been out for him for over a month and he's still not been arrested--he works at Orschlen's, is seen out at resturants and the stores all the time, again I say he has threatened peoples lives and the law has NOT picked him up--what the hell, are they waiting for him to kill one of them and let him off in Richardson Co. court on a plea of self defense or insanity or some cockamame BS ---and they haven't picked him up because there's a flood going on???? what the devil have they been waiting for the 36 days BEFORE the flood???and some of you get all fired up because people critisize your law enforcement--well it goes like this, if it LOOKS like sh*t, it SMELLS like sh*t, and it ACTS like sh*t well then=========
what

United States

#18 May 8, 2007
Rolo wrote:
<quoted text>what part of this am I not understanding------someone please tell me. This all happened over a month ago, he threatened at least 3 of the family members lives, a warrent has been out for him for over a month and he's still not been arrested--he works at Orschlen's, is seen out at resturants and the stores all the time, again I say he has threatened peoples lives and the law has NOT picked him up--what the hell, are they waiting for him to kill one of them and let him off in Richardson Co. court on a plea of self defense or insanity or some cockamame BS ---and they haven't picked him up because there's a flood going on???? what the devil have they been waiting for the 36 days BEFORE the flood???and some of you get all fired up because people critisize your law enforcement--well it goes like this, if it LOOKS like sh*t, it SMELLS like sh*t, and it ACTS like sh*t well then=========
Are we still talking about the 60 year old short guy, or did I get lost somewhere?
fall city

United States

#19 May 8, 2007
yea i know who u r talking about he changed my tires too he is a dickhead and i tolerated his sarcastic attitude he is soo stupid i knoew his ex-girlfriend at one time she is a sweet women he left cuz she wasnt a family memeber he could screw around wit cuz he is livin wit his cuz/lover jerry lewis aint got nuttin on him .
assswipe/gary
lil me

United States

#20 May 8, 2007
What!!!!!!!I thought all the cousin lovin hillbillies left in the 90's with lotter and nissen..heehaw
JustCurious

United States

#21 May 8, 2007
what wrote:
<quoted text>Are we still talking about the 60 year old short guy, or did I get lost somewhere?
Yep.....it's about him..........
wow

United States

#22 May 9, 2007
Does he still work out there? Last few times he hasn't been there when I went out. I can't say I like the manager too much either. I needed a special order feed, which they carry in the catalog, he said he would order several bags so I would have it, I went in to get it a week later, it didn't come in. It has been 4 months, no feed. I went somewhere else and had it in 3 days!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falls City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves 4 hr Back The Blue 8
Eastview Tue Judgejudy 5
Dickey's Tue Puke Worthy 3
Jobs Tue Job Hunting 1
City Streets Tue Whiny1 2
C'mon bucky - you can do better than that. (Jul '10) Jul 22 Hi Julie 135
Excitement in Rulo (Dec '09) Jul 22 Excon 41

Falls City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance