Noise hearing draws crowd

Noise hearing draws crowd

There are 1 comment on the Martinsburg Journal story from Oct 8, 2008, titled Noise hearing draws crowd. In it, Martinsburg Journal reports that:

Berkeley County commissioners took no action after listening to extensive - and sometimes emotional - testimony from Tomahawk residents and motocross enthusiasts at Thursday night's public hearing on a proposed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Martinsburg Journal.

my2cents

Martinsburg, WV

#1 Oct 15, 2008
Morgan and Jefferson Counties don't have to worry about loopholes in there residential noise ordinance when it comes to essesive noise. They simplify enforcement by using a "plainly audible" standard instead of the conventional decibel levels. They also list the disturbances, such as loud parties, loud music and loud atv mufflers using a common sense standard by law enforcement and without the use of a noise meter. This standard has been used and upheld by courts in many other states. Berkeley County needs to overhaul there residential noise ordinance once and for all. If any of the Berkeley County Commission members  were victimized by essessive noise around their own home this noise ordinance would have "teeth" and would also have been written correctly YESTERDAY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falling Waters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal scientist cooked climate change books 4 min -zaphod- 27
Melissa Missy Roberts 11 min wifey 11
O'Reillys gone and FOX still leads in ratings 16 min -zaphod- 30
Silver Hyundai Veloster NVF849 Interstate 64 ... 28 min Trying to survive 1
Huntington area cheapskates 33 min Fitus T Bluster 40
PAstor? DAvid KItchen? 37 min MALLY 1
Crackd!ck Lover Amber Redman 51 min Dat B 2

Falling Waters Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance