does HHS intimidate witnesses to suppresses evidence

Posted in the Falling Waters Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jimmy Justice

Murrysville, PA

#1 Apr 22, 2014
So HHS wants to punish the person who recorded the fight as much as the fighters? Isn't that like witness intimidation or punishing the whistle blower? Without the video they'd have little evidence for the police to follow up on. These are legitimate questions. Thank goodness someone recorded it so charges could be brought forth. Shame on the administration for going after the recorder of the video.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Brutal-Fig...
Stop hiding

Lowmansville, KY

#2 Apr 22, 2014
Jimmy Justice wrote:
So HHS wants to punish the person who recorded the fight as much as the fighters? Isn't that like witness intimidation or punishing the whistle blower? Without the video they'd have little evidence for the police to follow up on. These are legitimate questions. Thank goodness someone recorded it so charges could be brought forth. Shame on the administration for going after the recorder of the video.
Yeah, I'm sure they are out to protect the reputation of the school. Trying to punish that kid for making the video proves it. How about preventing things like this from happening in the first place? Not a teacher in sight. If I were the parents of the girl that got assaulted, I would look into suing them. I can't imagine how they felt, seeing their child done that way. Not one decent person around to try to stop it. We send our kids to school to get an education. Not to try to kill each other. They need to send that bully to prison, and see how she fares with a bunch of chicks that look like men and fight like them too. Her parents can't teach her how to act, let them have a crack at it. They need to send a message to all of the kids that violence will not be tolerated in our schools. This is not acceptable. That girl acted like an animal, she should be caged up like one. I don't mean to sound harsh, but she could have killed that girl slamming her head on the concrete like that. She is so lucky that was not my kid. I don't think I could have handled that. She needs an intervention now. I know, I have been there. She needs to figure out now, that is not the way to go. She thinks she's bad and she needs to learn now. Violence begats violence. I don't think she should be allowed back at school. I would not want my child around her. Someday that girl is probably going have kids of her own. How they deal with her now is going to determine whether she is gonna straighten up, or repeat the cycle of stupidity. I pray that 10 years down the road she is smart enough to be ashamed. I hope she won't be raising her kids to behave like she did in that video. The kid that made the video didn't hurt anyone. We needed to see it, so that we can put a stop to it. They need to stop trying to sweep things like this under the rug. If we don't do something it will only get worse. Parents talk to your kids every chance you get. Teach them better than this.
alumni

Hurricane, WV

#3 Apr 22, 2014
Why do they want to punish the one who recorded it? That's whack.
anonymous90

Lansing, MI

#4 Apr 22, 2014
Jimmy Justice wrote:

You obviously have no knowledge of school policies. It is a violation of the rules to even stand around and watch a fight. They should have gone to find someone instead of egging on the fight.
Critic

Stafford, VA

#5 Apr 22, 2014
Just another reason Greg Webb needs to retire. Voters need to replace all board members with new ones to rid the county of poor performers. The teachers union is strong and new BOE members need to clean house.
Jaded

United States

#6 Apr 22, 2014
What does the teachers' union have to do with it?
Concern parent

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 22, 2014
Pretty much the teacher union keeps teachers from being fired. The autism kid in fort teacher was fired even she had less 5 years and the board of education does not have give reason for bring for less 5 years. The teacher union got her job back. But at least wood county tries get rid of bad teachers
Jaded

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2014
Gosh, I thought this thread was about the way HHS administration handled a fight. It had nothing to do with teacher unions.
Hhh

Stuarts Draft, VA

#9 Apr 22, 2014
When I went to school there , if you recorded a fight it was a 10 day suspension .
curious

Blairsville, PA

#10 Apr 22, 2014
Critic wrote:
Just another reason Greg Webb needs to retire. Voters need to replace all board members with new ones to rid the county of poor performers. The teachers union is strong and new BOE members need to clean house.
Why would webb need to retire because of this fight? He can't be all over that building at the same time. That place is huge! If a fight broke out on all 4 corners of the school, which place should mr. webb be? The board would need to clone him to make that possible. Put the blame where it goes on the kids who fought and the kids who stood around watching it and did nothing. If that was your kid would you want someone recording the assault or going to get help?
truth

Richmond, VA

#11 Apr 22, 2014
All these schools are a crock. Think about fact look how long all these years students got to school before teachers because the buses run so much earlier ever since the consolidation.... principle dont care about anything but the football and basketball players. Its wrong to punish someone who videod it that just sends the message to walk away and dont bother caring. That whole school needs to be fired and better people need in thee. Odviously the system is screwed there. Glad i pulled my kid out years ago
Proofread

Waynesboro, VA

#12 Apr 22, 2014
Does anyone read what they write before hitting the post button? My gosh!
I read in the newspaper that Webb was quoted as saying the kids did not get involved because they would get in trouble. So which is it? Do they get in trouble for getting involved or do they get in trouble for standing around watching it? No large group of kids should be left alone unsupervised, ever.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#13 Apr 22, 2014
Proofread wrote:
Does anyone read what they write before hitting the post button? My gosh!
I read in the newspaper that Webb was quoted as saying the kids did not get involved because they would get in trouble. So which is it? Do they get in trouble for getting involved or do they get in trouble for standing around watching it? No large group of kids should be left alone unsupervised, ever.
Children can't be watched every second of every day. 17 and 18 year olds know better and should be able to be trusted to be alone for a few minutes.
Todd Alex

Huntington, WV

#14 Apr 22, 2014
A quality principal would have better policies.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 23, 2014
Todd Alex wrote:
A quality principal would have better policies.
Then why don't you become the principal since you could do so much better.
Some mommy

Hurricane, WV

#16 Apr 23, 2014
Why are they wanting to punish the video taker?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#18 Apr 23, 2014
Some mommy wrote:
It is against school policy to watch or video a fight.
klu less webs

Huntington, WV

#19 Apr 23, 2014
Some mommy wrote:
because they made them look out of control, which they are. Even when the last secutiy officer was there, most of the time Mr Archer was the one willing and capable of halting any aggression.
eye witness

Lavalette, WV

#20 Apr 23, 2014
Sexykitten90 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against school policy to watch or video a fight.
it is against the school policy to watch a fight lol? better suspend them kids sitting on the bench in the background lmao. seriously they have a rule against watching a fight - shaking my head.
3 posts removed
Huntingon

Huntington, WV

#24 Apr 23, 2014
School system is the biggest Bully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falling Waters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
in your face marshall fans suck it 22 min herdfansnuttz 119
Scott Overby post???? (Jul '11) 26 min Instagramsnitching 20
Why are most WVU fans idiots? 1 hr -zaphod- 9
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 1 hr sheetzluvr 20
Alcon (Sep '11) 1 hr west huntington g... 8
All Seasons home repair company Nathen Dolen (Nov '12) 1 hr Fed up in Charles... 18
Shooting Sat 10/18 1 hr truth 14
Falling Waters Dating
Find my Match

Falling Waters Jobs

Falling Waters People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Falling Waters News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Falling Waters

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]