Marshall why no game at our stadium

Posted in the Falling Waters Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fried rice

Hurricane, WV

#1 Dec 2, 2013
Can anyone explain why the championship game isn't at our place? We got shafted.
Ittybittytitty

Alexandria, VA

#2 Dec 2, 2013
Probably because the Joan was still half empty on Friday like it has been for the past 15 years. Not good for national TV.
Bob Sled

Elkins, WV

#3 Dec 2, 2013
Who cares? This is two mediocre teams wanting to make it in the big league. Neither team will go down in history for winning!
wvu behind it

Romania

#4 Dec 2, 2013
i bet the big guys at wvu had something to do with messing this up for us. they dont like us becuase we are better than them this year. it aint rite.
harley rider

Hurricane, WV

#5 Dec 2, 2013
Chuck Landon wtf? You posted this yesterday on twitter.

Chuck Landon ‏@Chuckonsports

"Appears the CUSA championship game will be at The Joan ... I am hearing MU is having tickets printed right now"

Where did you get your crummy info. Way to pump us all up!
fan

Sarahsville, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2013
Ittybittytitty wrote:
Probably because the Joan was still half empty on Friday like it has been for the past 15 years. Not good for national TV.
That's a lie. 26,000 +
1 post removed
nunya

Nashville, TN

#8 Dec 2, 2013
wvu behind it wrote:
i bet the big guys at wvu had something to do with messing this up for us. they dont like us becuase we are better than them this year. it aint rite.
Obvious troll is obvious
bow tie driver

Leechburg, PA

#9 Dec 2, 2013
wvu behind it wrote:
I bet you are right. Something smells funny about the whole thing.
Viewer

Hurricane, WV

#10 Dec 2, 2013
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rank...

Note that MU is higher than Rice.
wtf

Alexandria, VA

#11 Dec 2, 2013
Ittybittytitty wrote:
Well, someone doesn't know what they're talking about. Just so you know, Rice hasnt had anyone show up for their games. Their stadium had very lame attendance at their games. If you think Marshall had a lame crowd, they were worse. Which is another reason it doesn't make sense that they chose to hold the game at Rice. More tickets would have been sold here.
turd 91

Alexandria, VA

#12 Dec 2, 2013
fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie. 26,000 +
Hahaha 26k+ in a 38k seat stadium...... And you wonder why they didnt want to have it in little Detroit??
turd 91

Alexandria, VA

#13 Dec 2, 2013
And btw, attendance was 25,117 haha so much for even 26K+ huh...

Since: May 11

Seattle, WA

#14 Dec 2, 2013
Con-Usa committee doesnt think this thru...#1 its stupid to have a game on BLACK FRIDAY ...People hunting & shopping, students are gone just not a very bright move....still drew over 20,000 and from what I seen from the Rice and Tulane game it looked like they may have sold 6 corndogs at the concession stand....same thing on Nov.14th...why is marshall on the road...you would have production about the plane crash and how the town has grown past that and how we remember with the fountain, crash site , and MU graveside memorial ...nope lets have it in oklahoma in front of 11,000 people ...tv ratings, revenue...Con-usa doesnt care due they are from HOUSTON
sam

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 3, 2013
why the pc and people say they sux thats why its on tv man watch it espn'then watch rice kill them hehehe
Buckeye

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Dec 5, 2013
Marshall who?? Never Herd of them.
lets move past this

France

#17 Dec 5, 2013
momba wrote:
Con-Usa committee doesnt think this thru...#1 its stupid to have a game on BLACK FRIDAY ...People hunting & shopping, students are gone just not a very bright move....still drew over 20,000 and from what I seen from the Rice and Tulane game it looked like they may have sold 6 corndogs at the concession stand....same thing on Nov.14th...why is marshall on the road...you would have production about the plane crash and how the town has grown past that and how we remember with the fountain, crash site , and MU graveside memorial ...nope lets have it in oklahoma in front of 11,000 people ...tv ratings, revenue...Con-usa doesnt care due they are from HOUSTON
Don't you think some people want to move past the whole tragedy thing. The exploitation is very old now. I prefer to move on. Just my 2 cents.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#18 Dec 5, 2013
Buckeye wrote:
Marshall who?? Never Herd of them.
Another "Buckeye" who probably can't find his way to OSU's main campus let alone actually attend there...
Oudidnt

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 5, 2013
Marshall has has plenty of conference championships at Joan C. Criteria for this game was flawed. However, get over this dumb shit and watch it on tv!!!!!
big twelve bull

Lavalette, WV

#20 Dec 5, 2013
i heard that wvu pulled some strings and kept it out of Huntington. as a marshull grad i find it despiciable and unfare to the state and marshall.
Bob Sled

Elkins, WV

#21 Dec 5, 2013
big twelve bull wrote:
i heard that wvu pulled some strings and kept it out of Huntington. as a marshull grad i find it despiciable and unfare to the state and marshall.
. Evidently you didn't get a very good education dumbass !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falling Waters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HPD needs to patrol more in Guyandotte area 8 min shortblakfatguy 7
Cabelas rumor 24 min MarkJ- 1
Pullman 41 min Miss Practicality 1
Ku Klux Klan in West Virginia 1 hr MarkJ- 31
True Tips For The Police 1 hr MarkJ- 9
Best church in Huntington 1 hr God Bless 12
drug dealers/junkies 1 hr wiley 1
More from around the web

Falling Waters People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE