Havingmydoubts

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

After reading all the articles I could find and watching the news, and the 48 Hours show I still have my doubts as to the guilt of Mr. Forbes. It seems there were too many dots unconnected, and questions unanswered. It almost appears as if it was decided someone would be convicted, guilty or not. With all the publicity in this case Mr. Forbes may not have had an impartial jury. In my opinion that 48 Hours show cast a bit of doubt about the verdict and left more than a few unanswered questions about the husband?
HavingNoDoubts

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Am currently on holiday abroad but this case was close to where I live. The circumstantial evidence was very clear from the get-go. Why it took 30 years to get this guy finally convicted is beyond me and for that I do not feel local LE have much to be proud about. They didn't do anything, Marilyn's family did.

Forbes was on the prowl that night; he ran away day after being questioned; he was a low class rogue even then and remains one to this day. His wife lied and covered for him all these years and I bet they'd still be together had he not be charged and convicted. Only then did she decide to leave. So she knew. She knew as good and for as long as he did.
Bill

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

What was the motive ?
Joe

Burlington, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Other people were on the prowl that night. Other people ran away after being questioned and never came back. Kind of funny how Lane suddenly developed amnesia on the stand.Why was he lying about drive time to his house? Why would Curt spend all that money on lawyers and then tell someone that was in his cell for one night that he did it? Now,who really told the snitches what to say? Way too much reasonable doubt.
Bob

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

This is almost a grassy knoll case. 1980...OK...most of the police investigating this case were either dead or long retired by the time this went to trial. It has been long been said....not rumored that police messed the crime scene up. I can be a testament to hearing Several tales of this case including one of the bartenders who witnessed Curtis Forbes committing and using this so-called sweater to wipe himself after. Unfortunately this witness along with many others have died since this time. Lane McIntire was no angel either. He worked third shift at a place having several duties including working alone for hours alone only to answer to an uncle of his who was his shift supervisor? There were many times in the years to follow that people would refer to Lane as "Killer" as he would just grin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fall River Discussions

Search the Fall River Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 21 hr Aaron Salmon 7,006
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 21 selfridge 451
Robert George Schmidt, Janesville, WI Jun '14 K Karnopp 1
Free Full CARFAX Report (May '11) Jun '14 Baron 6
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Train hits woman in Columbia County (Feb '08) Jun '14 Frank BottoniPortageWi 13
Online chat with 9-year-old results in charges (Jan '10) Jun '14 ROBERT FRANK BOTTONI 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fall River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fall River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••