how can we fix falfurrias????????????

Posted in the Falfurrias Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Downward spiral

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Almost every other comment on this website is negative or derogatory towards our beloved little town.I too am guilty but the Question I have is what needs to be done to reclaim our community? Please keep your personal grudges out and hopefully we will see some answers that can help Good Ol Falfurrias Texas
Downward spiral

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Aug 22, 2008
SORRY

"How can we fix Falfurrias"???

spell check
Jersey Por Vida

Austin, TX

#3 Aug 22, 2008
i think all it would take to fix Fal is a little more discipline towards the kids. and not treating baseball like if it was more important than anything else in this town.
Homer

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Aug 23, 2008
What it takes to fix Falfurrias. Parents need to take care on there own kids to not get involve in drugs.We are in the center of all drug trading.Parents report anyone involved selling drugs.We all know who they are selling drugs. The PD and the new sheirff needs to put them away. This people have been dealing with drugs for years Justo and sons,Bobby B and family,Tony and brother,Big Rick,Joe G and nephew that lives going toward Riveria.Politicans that need to help the county get out of the Red Tony, Gloria, Aravelo are a joke. We need people that do not do it for personal gain and vote getting.A judge that does not allow a tax increase to cover this hiring . The JP do not need more help when they dont do there job. Lolie, Cabrrea, Rudy. We also need to get rid of all constable Joe G. Pipo,Tony V. All they want is more votes.
Olivia

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Aug 23, 2008
Here we go again. If your going to accuse people by name use your real name. Do not be a hypocrite and hide behind a false name. Your just another hater who likes to hate on people and 90 percent of the time are accusing people on heresay. Have you bought drugs from the people you mentioned? If you haven't then how can you accuse people by name? If you think the JP's don't do their job why don't you run? Use your real name coward...
Orale pues

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Aug 23, 2008
Hey Homer you sound more like a NAGGING UNHAPPY WIFE. You mention all the JP's execpt Esteban and all the constables except Ruben and you left out Pache in the Comm. court. How about other people who deal drugs? We need to hear positive things to better our community.Homer GET A LIFE... I agree with Olivia. If your going to accuse by real names use your real name.LETS GET POSITIVE..
Homer

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Aug 23, 2008
It is my real name!! and to Olivia yes I have bought from this people drugs along time ago. I was in rehab for a long time. People make mistakes and I quit. Now how about this drug dealers they do not quit!!!! I'm positive LETS GET RID OF ALL THIS TRASH.
Olivia

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Aug 23, 2008
Well Homer if your so open about what you have to say tell us what Homer you are. Homer is a very common name so your still playing games. by saying your name is Homer doesn't say much.What about your last name? Coward..
the truth

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Aug 23, 2008
lol @ orale pues. I cant believe you actually called him a nagging unhappy wife. This is the internet, call him a whiny little bitch. And olivia why dont you use your real name? I mean it seems only fair if you call someone out that you should anty up and do the same
Olivia

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Aug 23, 2008
the truth wrote:
lol @ orale pues. I cant believe you actually called him a nagging unhappy wife. This is the internet, call him a whiny little bitch. And olivia why dont you use your real name? I mean it seems only fair if you call someone out that you should anty up and do the same
Because i'm not the one accusing. Homer is...that'w why if i have something bad to say i would.
the truth

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Aug 23, 2008
touche
The Fix

Pharr, TX

#12 Aug 24, 2008
The only way to fix Falfurrias is to stop bickering amongst ourselves over petty arguments and get to the job of doing something that benefits all of us for example, put pressure on our City Council and Commissioner's court to build something like a swimming pool for our kids so that we can keep them busy and out of trouble. We need to get them to develop an economic development plan that like it or not includes the Chamber of Commerce to bring back some of the major companies that have left us i.e. Halliburton - Otis, Schlumberg etc. and maybe get some housing developers to build for the growing Border Patrol presence instead of having these agents live in Kingsville and Alice that would help our local economy by increasing the local sales and for some increasing our enrollment in our local schools. That might make it easier to open a hospital and attract Doctors to the area which would help to get us better health care in our area instead of having to drive miles away for something that is a big necessity for all of us. Most of all, we need to get out and vote to put people who are movers and shakers in our local government entities and not knock them because they have been adulterers or have had run ins with the law, if they have paid their debt to society and it was a mistake not continued, then let it go! We ALL make mistakes, we aren't GOD, we are NOT PERFECT!
Jersey Por Vida

Austin, TX

#13 Aug 24, 2008
The Fix wrote:
The only way to fix Falfurrias is to stop bickering amongst ourselves over petty arguments and get to the job of doing something that benefits all of us for example, put pressure on our City Council and Commissioner's court to build something like a swimming pool for our kids so that we can keep them busy and out of trouble. We need to get them to develop an economic development plan that like it or not includes the Chamber of Commerce to bring back some of the major companies that have left us i.e. Halliburton - Otis, Schlumberg etc. and maybe get some housing developers to build for the growing Border Patrol presence instead of having these agents live in Kingsville and Alice that would help our local economy by increasing the local sales and for some increasing our enrollment in our local schools. That might make it easier to open a hospital and attract Doctors to the area which would help to get us better health care in our area instead of having to drive miles away for something that is a big necessity for all of us. Most of all, we need to get out and vote to put people who are movers and shakers in our local government entities and not knock them because they have been adulterers or have had run ins with the law, if they have paid their debt to society and it was a mistake not continued, then let it go! We ALL make mistakes, we aren't GOD, we are NOT PERFECT!
That is probably the most sane and honest thing i have read on these post. Good job that is exactly what our town needs.
Mejiquito Por Vida

Austin, TX

#14 Aug 26, 2008
The city if Falfurrias has become like a Ghost town filled with so many DELAPITATED homes ready to fall down anytime. I just retired and had my hopes up to come back to my town that I grew up but as soon as you drive by Mejiquito the plight of old homes ready be torn down begins. A very ugly UNAPPEALING SIGHT not to mention the over grown grass that covers just about every abandoned home !!!!!!!!! If these people are gone or dead why haven’t their relatives done something about these ugly homes. WOULD THEY LIKE TO LIVE NEXT TO ONE OF THESE HOMES !!!!!!!!! Please begin with THIS and then move on to the CRIME, DRUGS, AND YOUNG ADULTS THAT ARE GETTING INTO TROUBLE.
Mary

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Aug 26, 2008
Mejiqiuito Por Vida. This is where I do not agree with you, even thou it needs to be done.The drugs is what is causing this problem. They are so into drugs they will not pay the taxes. They would rather buy drugs.The crime has put some of the family members in prison and have abandent their houses for lack of jobs in Fal. Our younger youth are so into drugs that they do not care about Falfurrias. We need to get rid of this old and new drug dealers in Falfurrias first. The cops and sheriff know who they are.
problem

Pharr, TX

#16 Aug 26, 2008
Mejiquito Por Vida wrote:
The city if Falfurrias has become like a Ghost town filled with so many DELAPITATED homes ready to fall down anytime. I just retired and had my hopes up to come back to my town that I grew up but as soon as you drive by Mejiquito the plight of old homes ready be torn down begins. A very ugly UNAPPEALING SIGHT not to mention the over grown grass that covers just about every abandoned home !!!!!!!!! If these people are gone or dead why haven’t their relatives done something about these ugly homes. WOULD THEY LIKE TO LIVE NEXT TO ONE OF THESE HOMES !!!!!!!!! Please begin with THIS and then move on to the CRIME, DRUGS, AND YOUNG ADULTS THAT ARE GETTING INTO TROUBLE.
I agree with The Fix 110%. The reason that people turn to drugs is because Falfurrias doesn't have much to offer the citizens of this community and that includes good paying jobs, health care and things for our youth. Without jobs, people will move from town to look for work else where and without health care, they take their families with them and without activities for their kids, they move to places to advance their education and to give their families the best of everything. Here in Falfurrias, a lot of the citizens have no choice but to stay because a large part of the residents live way below the poverty level and they aren't getting a good education but it starts with our youth, getting them motivated to do something other than get into trouble or drugs. If they aspire to a higher standard of living and they have pride in themselves, they project that pride and standard to their families, their neighbors and their neighborhoods and that makes for a great community. Good job Mr. Fix!
Handyman

Pharr, TX

#17 Aug 26, 2008
Hey how do you all think that you all are ever going to fix Falfungus if all the "topix" are about who is the biggest slut and who is crazy! What is wrong with you people? Mr. Fix has the right idea but look how many hits he got on his comment. Doesn't anyone have anymore positive ideas to add to the Fix? But then look at all the hits on the negative "topix"? They are coming from within your city. How can you all expect to fix what is wrong when what is wrong is your citizens? Or maybe it is all the drugs that you all use? LOL
Short Dog

AOL

#18 Aug 27, 2008
WELL FIRST OF ALL WE NEED TO BRAEK THE CURSE THAT LIES IN THIS TOWN.... PRAY PRAY. IT FOLLOWS GENERATION AFTER GENERATION. SECOND OF ALL TO GETALL THIS BAD PEOPLE OFF THE STREET IS THE LAW ENFORCEMENT JOB. AND THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GET THE JOB DONE. IT TAKES TIME... YES THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE .. BUT IT TAKES TIME..

Since: Aug 08

Falfurrias

#19 Aug 27, 2008
I think Fal is perfect the way it is. It's the last frontier; lawlessness and injustice abide here, and for some people, that's comforting(lol). I also think that people are satisfied with the current state of affairs because it keeps the town lively, kind of like a soap opera. Just think if all the problems got fixed, nobody in town would have anyting to gossip about! I say leave the town the way it is. Not EVERY town in the USA has to be perfect, or "fixed". You can't deny the town does have character, and that's is something money can't buy! For those that don't agree, there's always Premont :)
I AM ME

United States

#20 Aug 28, 2008
omerta wrote:
I think Fal is perfect the way it is. It's the last frontier; lawlessness and injustice abide here, and for some people, that's comforting(lol). I also think that people are satisfied with the current state of affairs because it keeps the town lively, kind of like a soap opera. Just think if all the problems got fixed, nobody in town would have anyting to gossip about! I say leave the town the way it is. Not EVERY town in the USA has to be perfect, or "fixed". You can't deny the town does have character, and that's is something money can't buy! For those that don't agree, there's always Premont :)
Definition of Character:
char·ac·ter Audio Help /ˈkærɪkt ər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kar-ik-ter] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.
3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.
5. reputation: a stain on one's character.
6. good repute.
7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.
8. a person, esp. with reference to behavior or personality: a suspicious character.
9. Informal. an odd, eccentric, or unusual person.
10. a person represented in a drama, story, etc.
11. a part or role, as in a play or film.
12. a symbol as used in a writing system, as a letter of the alphabet.
13. the symbols of a writing system collectively.
14. a significant visual mark or symbol.
15. status or capacity: the character of a justice of the peace.
16. a written statement from an employer concerning the qualities of a former employee.
17. Literature.(esp. in 17th- and 18th-century England) a formal character sketch or descriptive analysis of a particular human virtue or vice as represented in a person or type. Compare character sketch.
18. Genetics. any trait, function, structure, or substance of an organism resulting from the effect of one or more genes as modified by the environment.
19. Computers. a. any symbol, as a number, letter, punctuation mark, etc., that represents data and that, when encoded, is usable by a machine.
b. one of a set of basic symbols that singly or in a series of two or more represents data and, when encoded, is usable in a computer.

20. a style of writing or printing.
21. Roman Catholic Theology. the ineffaceable imprint received on the soul through the sacraments of baptism, confirmation, and ordination.
22.(formerly) a cipher or cipher message.
–adjective 23. Theater. a.(of a part or role) representing a personality type, esp. by emphasizing distinctive traits, as language, mannerisms, physical makeup, etc.
b.(of an actor or actress) acting or specializing in such roles.

–verb (used with object) Archaic. 24. to portray; describe.
25. to engrave; inscribe.
—Idioms26. in character, a. in harmony with one's personal character or disposition: Such behavior is not in character for him.
b. in accordance with the role or personality assumed in a performance: an actor in character.

27. out of character, a. out of harmony with one's personal character or disposition: Her remarks were out of character.
b. away from the role or personality assumed in a performance: The actor stepped out of character.

EXACTLY WHERE WOULD YOU PLACE US?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falfurrias Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach Perez 45 min Rolled Craps 12
Justo for mayor 3 hr Roscoe 35
whos eliza gonzalez 2 D*ck wonder 10 hr Ken 3
facial 10 hr Jon 1
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 10 hr This is not America 39
Gardner Street 11 hr Shameless 8
Lopez Michelle prego 13 hr neighbor 19

Falfurrias Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Falfurrias Mortgages