Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge...

Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge Of Property - NewsChannel...

There are 117 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge Of Property - NewsChannel.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

FAIRVIEW, Tenn . - A family was on the job when witnesses said a neighbor shot the dog for no reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mark

Nashville, TN

#110 Sep 21, 2009
Dang ... i'm stomped! How could you tell which end to shave?
Fancy_free

Nashville, TN

#111 Sep 21, 2009
Mark wrote:
Hummm ... I disagree. I have shot dogs, deer, ducks and many more 4 legged animals, but never a a human. I am thinking there is more to this story than what has came out. Of course there is: I bet there is 2 sides to every story. I would hold judgement until after the hearing.
I think your reasons were for more than an adorable pet out just exploring. Playful, gentle, loving animals should be for fun.
concerned

Gallatin, TN

#112 Sep 21, 2009
Doofus wrote:
If I had a dog as ugly as PBL, I'd shave its butt and make it walk backwards..........
good one

Since: Aug 08

Mt. Juliet, TN

#113 Sep 21, 2009
Mark wrote:
Even better one!
Doofus

United States

#117 Sep 22, 2009
Mark wrote:
Good question.........probably a coin toss could resolve it!!
Toni

Murfreesboro, TN

#118 Sep 23, 2009
He wont do anytime since the dog was on his property. I had the same thing happen years ago. I kept my dog up in a 2 acre fenced yard but she got loose one day. The grass was apparently greener on the other side of the fence. I asked him if he did anything to her because once before she got loose and killed one of his chickens. I told him I understood if he did I just wanted to know where she went. He said no he didn't. I put fliers up and some kids found her, still alive laying on his property shot. She had laid there for 3 days suffering. There was nothing I could do because it was his property. She recovered and thankfully lived a long full life but I was out all the medical bills and he faced no charges..

“sunshine and lolly pops”

Since: Apr 09

nashville

#121 Sep 23, 2009
PNUT BUTTER LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is horrible. I'm really sorry for what you and your dog had to go through. I just don't understand the cold blooded, mean and evil mindset of a person that can shoot or kill an animal that is not threat.
A poster a few comments back stated "I have shot dogs, deer, ducks and many more 4 legged animals, but never a a human". I've yet to see a vicious duck and most deer are not vicious unless you give them reason to attack you. There is just no justifying shooting or killing non-threatening animals. I think there are better ways to handle situations involving them without having to resort to shooting or killing them. I stand firm on my opinion that if a person can shoot a helpless and defenseless animal that they are very capable of shooting or killing a human.
i SOOOO agree with you. it always starts with a defenseless animal. that poster that admits to shooting animals is the worst type of human being and thats being nice. i don't think there is anything human about him or a couple of other posters here.

toni.... i am so glad your dog was found before it was to late. we don't have many years with our dogs as it is. i hope the rest of your dogs years will be filled with love and joy. karma will take care of that bastard that shot him.

“Whatevah!!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#123 Sep 23, 2009
My dog was shot on property across from my ranch. The guy who shot him was illegally hunting on the land and decided to gut shoot my dog. A loving animal, who never growled and rarely barked. The guy was mad at my father, and took out the anger on a family pet. Granted, Lucky was a Pyrenees, but he was a gentle dog. And now his remains reside in a oak box on my daughter's dresser. She was devastated and wanted to beat the jerk senseless. But that was almost 2 years ago. And I still fly the bird every time I drive by the jerk's house.

Since: Apr 09

Gallatin, TN

#124 Sep 23, 2009
I have a big black lab. She has never hurt anyone. Very sweet dog. I have her in a big fenced in back yard. But when I open the gate to mow or whatever she doesn't try to get out. But if for some reason she did and wondered onto a neighbors yards I would hope they would have enough sense not to just shoot her. It would hurt me so bad if someone hurt her. sad what some idiots will do.

“standing up for America.”

Since: Feb 09

Joelton

#128 Sep 30, 2009
Remember the HUNTER'S RULE, you only kill what you would it. So was it any good?

“standing up for America.”

Since: Feb 09

Joelton

#129 Sep 30, 2009
that's eat not it

“Whatevah!!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#130 Oct 1, 2009
wdever, I understood you perfectly. Et is past tense for eat in southern speak.
Mark

Wilmington, DE

#131 Oct 1, 2009
wdever wrote:
Remember the HUNTER'S RULE, you only kill what you would it. So was it any good?
I still hunt and eat the food I kill. Yes it is good. I fish and eat them also. That too is good eatin. Deer steak on the grill with a loaded bake potatoe, corn on the cob, and a good drink is a dream come true.
reeves

Nashville, TN

#132 Oct 11, 2009
Pellet Guns and BB Guns will kill animals and humans. When fired into a 2x4 can enter 1/4 inch into wood, depending on the type gun. Pump, Co2 are very powerfull and can be deadly. Anything that will do this will kill. Besides, anyone that would point and fire a BB or Pellet gun then shot a pet is sick. The next thing they will do is shoot your kids for playing or riding a bike to close to the property line.
Shane

United States

#133 Oct 18, 2009
A bb gun not a pellet gun doesn't shoot hard enough to even break the skin. I have been shot with them at close range and it just stings a little. Some people do this to scare the dog off from coming back. If his or her butt is stinging for a minute or so then he or she will not come back on your property and either eat your dog's food, hump your dog, fight your dog and/or pee all around your garage and house. There has to be more to the story as pellet guns shouldn't even break the skin, make a dog bleed, and furthermore kill the dog............
effin

London, KY

#135 Sep 5, 2011
shit like this is what makes me ashamed to be a part of this race. humans are truly disgusting creatures.
CAK

Columbus, IN

#136 Jul 13, 2013
It is only legal to defend your property like that if the animal is tearing up the property or attacking yourself or livestock. Just cause it was there doesnt give the right to shoot it. But williamsoncounty has some jacked up laws n even more jacked up enforcers of the law

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Kelly's insulation Wed Sheet rock 1
mike (vinson) Davis (Dec '08) Jul 25 Mike Davis 31
Christy Brewer Jul 21 Bgrisham7 1
Tammy Gilbert Jul 20 Cuz 3
News Another theme park planned (Jun '07) Jul 6 Shangrila 61
Elijah Gray (May '15) Jul 3 keep hatin 3
Fairview Middle School Football May '16 Middle School Foo... 1

Fairview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance