Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge...

Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge Of Property - NewsChannel...

There are 117 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Man Arrested For Shooting Dog On Edge Of Property - NewsChannel.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

FAIRVIEW, Tenn . - A family was on the job when witnesses said a neighbor shot the dog for no reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
RCJ

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2009
Its a shame some people do not have any respect for animals. If this is the way it really happen, I hope he pays a stiff price for it. Very sorry for your loss.
DogMomOf3

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2009
It is truly disgusting to hear of people living in this world who are this sick and pathetic. A person who would kill or even hurt an innocent, defensless animal is obviously demented. I hope and pray that this sick man spends every second of 2 years in jail. A crime like this should not go unpunished.
AH - Dog lover

United States

#3 Sep 2, 2009
This guy should be put away for more than 2 years. Jail is too good for this kind of criminal! He should spend his time at the local Humane Association cleaning cages and eating out of a dog dish! What kind of individual shoots an innocent dog! We have a dog similar to this family's. She is so smart and loving! Someone tossed her out as well, and she found us! My thoughts are with this family and their loss!
Bubba

Fairport, NY

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Call him across the street and once he's off his property shoot him in the A@@. Throw the book at him and then kick him in his A@@. He should spend everybit of 2 years for this, If it had been my dog he'd have to get out of the hospital before he could go to jail.
Mick Dundee12

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 2, 2009
Some needs to shoot him in the arse w his own pellet gun about 10,000 times.What a jerk.make sure you post a comment on his website which has photos of everything except animals.www dannybates dot com
Mick Dundee12

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 2, 2009
PS He needs to see the interview of the little girl crying over the loss of her pet.Apparently he had no right to shoot.If Williamson Co will throw someone in jail for a year for stealing a candy bar,I hope he gets his fill,and becomes a good mate in jail.
Faith Believer

Gainesboro, TN

#7 Sep 2, 2009
We can relate to this story! Someone shot our dog for being on his land at his back door! Matter of fact we lost another dog not long after the other one was gone! We had no proof for sure; but 1 yr later this man's step son told he was there when he shot the dog dead, & him looking at him. So Cold Hearted! Our neighbor's next door lost 2 of there dogs also, not for sure, but i can only guess who would know! Our dogs were border-collies we used them on the farm! We live in the country! Not hardly anyone around us "about half of a mile" His day will come! So sorry for your loss!
bill

Lewisburg, KY

#8 Sep 2, 2009
I say, let's shoot Bates with a high powered pellet rifle and see how he likes it!
laurie a

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Sep 2, 2009
What a dirtbag... how do people like that live with themselves!
Wondering

Greenbrier, TN

#10 Sep 3, 2009
They need to load his pellet gun up and let the dog's owner shoot him in the rear with it,so he can see how it feels.
podunk

Rock Island, TN

#11 Sep 3, 2009
are they any leash laws, people with animals need to keep up with them, and no i dont condone killing any animals, but the owners need to wise up that was his property.
femalelawdog

Fairview, TN

#12 Sep 3, 2009
hope he rots in hell!
Sadly

Plano, TX

#13 Sep 3, 2009
Well I'm a animal lover and have several dogs among many other animals, but in this case I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off. Because the animal came onto his property, he has a right to defend it. If there is a leash law where this happend this guy will get off for sure. While we have several of our own dogs, I do have issues with dogs running free and coming onto our property. Our fear is our horses will attack the dogs, and we don't want to see them get hurt. The issue is the dog owner is responsible for keeping their dog with them at all times and not letting them wander. Believe me I've been sited for this as I have a Blue heeler that used to rome around, and never bothered anyone or anything, he just was a wanderer. I recieved a nasty letter from Animal Control that they were going to take my dog. So now he lives in a confined pen and he's misserable, but safe. Just a note to all animal owners please be sure your animal is confined to your property, because if you have a canky old neighbor they can and will get away with harming your dog if it comes onto their property. Very sad story.
GONE CRAZY

Charlotte, NC

#14 Sep 3, 2009
He sould pay 4 thats one if the owners where right there how dum can u get sould have just called 4 them to come get her like it was a big dog dum***
STCom

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Sep 3, 2009
He should get the full 2 years, and obviously needs therapy because he's has some serious issues.
just wondering

Augusta, GA

#16 Sep 3, 2009
podunk wrote:
are they any leash laws, people with animals need to keep up with them, and no i dont condone killing any animals, but the owners need to wise up that was his property.
We are only hearing one side here. was the dog a problem? had the guy just got fed up with the situation? It was a pellet gun, shot from a distance not a high powred rifle. And what about leash laws. This guy can counter charge with a good lawyer that the dog shouldnt have been there to begin with.
Hey

Houston, TX

#17 Sep 3, 2009
Wow, what a sad story!! I pray that this guy gets a harsh punishment. Some people these days are just such jerks in our society....
Danny DeGuira

Hermitage, TN

#18 Sep 3, 2009
Sometimes, I have to wonder if humans are actually the supreme "being" on earth! We are such fearful creatures!
Nate

Hendersonville, TN

#19 Sep 3, 2009
Sadly wrote:
Well I'm a animal lover and have several dogs among many other animals, but in this case I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off. Because the animal came onto his property, he has a right to defend it. If there is a leash law where this happend this guy will get off for sure. While we have several of our own dogs, I do have issues with dogs running free and coming onto our property. Our fear is our horses will attack the dogs, and we don't want to see them get hurt. The issue is the dog owner is responsible for keeping their dog with them at all times and not letting them wander. Believe me I've been sited for this as I have a Blue heeler that used to rome around, and never bothered anyone or anything, he just was a wanderer. I recieved a nasty letter from Animal Control that they were going to take my dog. So now he lives in a confined pen and he's misserable, but safe. Just a note to all animal owners please be sure your animal is confined to your property, because if you have a canky old neighbor they can and will get away with harming your dog if it comes onto their property. Very sad story.
Williamson county and City of Franklin both have leash laws. Last year two large breed dogs attacked and nearly killed one of my aunt's small breed sogs, Shih Tzu, while the dog was leashed out side just enjoying the sun. They dragged the poor dog across the yard and actually pulled her out of the leash, her caller was broken off her neck, and the attacking dog grabbed a hold of the left side of the front leg and majority of the teeth went into the dog's chest

Luckily we noticed something was wrong when my German Shepard and Great Dane mix was yelling at the bit to get outside, she ran out the door and attempted to engage the offending dogs on my aunt's property while my aunt and mother brought both Shih Tzu's indoor (female and male, female was attacked). They had to bring the female Shih Tzu into the emergency pet hospital and if they hadn't when they did, that poor dog would have been dead for sure. Both of my aunt's dogs are doing just fine today, especially the poor little one who was attacked.

My dog was fine after the event in terms of physical condition as she was just a bit too slow to get to them, she has bit short legs for her kind of mix breed. But after that my dog became quite aggressive with the neighborhood dogs as the offending dogs belonged to the neighbors just five houses down from us. But we've curved my dog's aggressiveness by good and firm dog training.

Another time my dog's knee was blown out because she was chained up to a leash while a neighbor's dog (a different neighbor this time) ran across our yard several times and so my dog attempted to chase after it, but only to ramp up speed on the long leash and get yanked back at the end which caused all her weight and energy to land on a single back leg which blew out the knee. That's going to cost me $600+ or more to get that fixed. This happened just over a month ago.

And people wonder why somebody would want to shoot a strange dog wondering on to their property. After these experiences I would want to too due to all the emotional stress and aggravation with clueless neighbors not doing what they're suppose to by keeping their dog where it belongs, by their side on a leash or kept in their yard. It isn't that hard to do.
I live in Fairview too

United States

#20 Sep 3, 2009
I'm a animal lover. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats myself. No I donít live around Taylor Road, but I do know where it is. I hate that anybody in this world would kill a animal. We took in a dog from off the side of the road last yr. She was a hurt really bad. Her left ear doesnít stand up when you holler for her and she has a knot on her right hip. Just one look at this dog and I had to have her. She is in a fenced in back yard. However I will say, Fairview is in Williamson County and Williamson County has a leash law! I understand Stella likes riding in back of trucks and going places with her family. So do my dogs. But for her to wonder off was wrong on the adult of the dog. Also, it was wrong on the man who shot the dog. That was uncalled for on his part and I hope that he gets time for animal cruelty. I am sorry for your lost. Prayers are with you in this time of need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody here know Houston Lloyd the murder... (Jun '07) 5 hr Anonymous 24
Columbia Drug Dealer/ illegal gambling Sat highfiver 5
bear creek dollar general by school Sat Too-Bad 2
News Columbia Academy teaches more than classroom le... Sat MaltaMon 13
Info on a old house Jul 31 browser 2
Josh Faircloth Jul 28 I know him 1
Columbia Driver Saves Two lives!! Need a witness! Jul 25 billy_bill 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairview Mortgages