Best place to eat chicken wings in Erie

Posted in the Fairview Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Fredericktown, OH

#1 Oct 21, 2008
I have to say Doc Holiday's is the best place for hot wings in Erie. Some runner ups would have to be Plymouth, Chippers Tavern, and Jimmy Z's Time Out Tavern.

Does anybody know where I can get some of Erie's best wings?
Amarchri

United States

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Erie Native wrote:
I have to say Doc Holiday's is the best place for hot wings in Erie. Some runner ups would have to be Plymouth, Chippers Tavern, and Jimmy Z's Time Out Tavern.
Does anybody know where I can get some of Erie's best wings?
Some of the best I ever had came from Eli's

Fredericktown, OH

#3 Oct 21, 2008
Amarchri wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the best I ever had came from Eli's
Sorry, I forgot about Eli's. I haven't had their wings in about 10 years but if I remember right they were very good hot wings.
marsha evans

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2008
The best chicken wings that I ever had in Erie came from Eli's. Their wings are worth the cost, plus their wings are bigger than anyone else's! I wish that they delivered.
Kelly

Erie, PA

#5 Nov 9, 2008
If you're willing to drive out of the city, Chicos Tavern in Fairfiew has excellent wings!! Especially hot, and boy are they HOT!! Highly recommend!
beef

Franklin, PA

#6 Nov 10, 2008
i get em from the hoore house 1701 sass street

Fredericktown, OH

#7 Nov 10, 2008
beef wrote:
i get em from the hoore house 1701 sass street
Me too! They have lots of flavors if you know what I mean.
fred

Avon, OH

#8 Nov 12, 2008
I have been to otis 12 on 26th and poplar,,,, on mondays they have all u can eat for 7.99, good size wings too there r other days when thye have 35 c ent wings too,
Lumpy

Franklin, PA

#9 Nov 12, 2008
u cant beat the ash street pub..... drinkin and beatin the perfect combo
John

Cherry Hill, NJ

#10 Nov 17, 2008
I remember warshaw on Ash as having good wings, all you can eat, and homemade ranch in paper cups, but that was along time ago.

Fredericktown, OH

#11 Nov 17, 2008
John wrote:
I remember warshaw on Ash as having good wings, all you can eat, and homemade ranch in paper cups, but that was along time ago.
I think the Warsaw still has good wings.
dilligaf

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Nov 20, 2008
Yup, Warsaw is still there, but it's now called Scooters. Still have good wings!

IMO, pretty much any corner bar in the city has great wings. Some of the ones not mentioned - Red Fox, On Deck, Three Chances, 21 Hampton, Lefty's.

But as mentioned above, you can't go wrong with Eli's or Chippers.
Fairview Tigers

Cleveland, OH

#13 Dec 28, 2008
Elis Tavern has the best wings in Erie. They have more than 50 differnt flavors

All the hot flavors are delicious also check out

Golden (honey mustard)
Smokey BBQ
Honey BBQ hot
Garlic Parm
Pegasus (horseradish)
Garlic Pepper
Cranch
Honey Hot
Sweet and Spicy Garlic

Check them out you wont be dissappointed

Westerville, OH

#14 Dec 29, 2008
Chippers has a bunch of good flavors but Doc Holiday's has the best hot wings in Erie.
jonzer

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Dec 29, 2008
I was in erie for x-mas and had to stop by the One Way Inn for some hot wings, excellent...

“Peace On Earth”

Since: Apr 08

Erie Pa

#16 Dec 29, 2008
I've been told Polish Sharpshooters has great wings but haven't tried 'em yet. When i worked at bush Industries we used to get buckets from Quaker Steak. They were pretty good but pricey, but money wasn't a problem in the late '90s. The atomic wings made for some great practical jokes.
Master Baiter

Franklin, PA

#17 Dec 30, 2008
sure as hell isnt nickys bar that place is the worst bar in erie id rather drink in an alley on east 7th street alone at 2am
Nate

Darlington, MD

#18 Jan 22, 2009
Huge fan of Eli's House of Wings. Started going there in high school and I have continued to go since. Another place that I have thought was good was Lucky Mans...which is back in business on 12th.
Josh

Erie, PA

#19 Jan 27, 2009
Eli's Tavern has the best wings in Erie, PERIOD! I have had wings all over Erie and I would say that Doc Holliday's is a close second, but nothing tops Eli's. If you don't know about this place, your missing out! Stop by one night and order one of their 50 styles of wings, you will not be disappointed. You might even have a change of tune for those of you who have picked other places. You will love these wings, that is a guaran-damn-tee.
USMC Thundering Third

Elyria, OH

#20 Jul 5, 2009
I'm not a chicken wings kinda guy, like a few now and then but I have to agree that Eli's Tavern is top notch! If you've never been much for wings try them and it'll change your mind. If you're a wings fanatic than I'm preaching to the choir because you've probably already had them. You guys put the bug in my ear and I'm going to have to ride down this week and order up a few wings and beers! Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penndot to busy planning roundabout so I90 closed 12 min Joe K 4
Andy says " You got screwed ha ha ha." (Aug '11) 25 min citi 24
Wheres Wiley 28 min Fat Paul the Chri... 56
So Many Young Dying 31 min Doh 28
Domestic abuse in erie 48 min cheetos 52
GE Erie Reaches agreement with UE 506 59 min Dtf 53
The failing/falling of Maria Comstock (May '16) 1 hr Tracy 23

Fairview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance