Harborcreek Supervisor Pepicello considers run for Erie County executive

Nov 17, 2012 Full story: Erie Times News 28

Pepicello confirmed to the Erie Times-News this week that officials within the Erie County Republican Party have approached him about seeking the GOP nomination for county executive -- the job currently held by Democratic incumbent Barry Grossman -- in the May primary.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris

Mansfield, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2012
I would support a monkey running against Grossman. Big time do nothing loser. He says "he goes in and does his job" I think not. He does hold quite a few press conferences so everyone can see his fat face on TV but other than that, he has done squat. Always saying this one and that one are his friends, who cares? Get him out!
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#2 Nov 18, 2012
We don't need to replace him with a puppet of the Bishop.
Skip it

Erie, PA

#3 Nov 18, 2012
Grossman said he does not worry about potential challengers.

"I go to work every day and do my job," he said. "The voters will tell me if they want me to be here another four years, and I'll abide by their decision."

Oh, so he's going to abide by our decision - as if he has a choice. Isn't that generous of him.
The arrogance comes through in everything he says and does.
dude abides

Erie, PA

#4 Nov 18, 2012
Barry Grossman has done a lot for Erie County.
4 more years!
Watevr

Erie, PA

#5 Nov 18, 2012
Maybe Roger Richards can do for Dean what he did for Janet Anderson
Bad Move

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Nov 18, 2012
County Exec? That is the wrong office for Dean.

He's be better off as a State Rep. He could honestly do a good job for his district in that post. He's not a bad guy, is smart enough, and cares a great, great deal about the Harborcreek area. He should stay in his current post, wait until Sonney leaves and then run for Sonney's State Rep. post.
Chris

Mansfield, OH

#7 Nov 18, 2012
Skip it wrote:
Grossman said he does not worry about potential challengers.
"I go to work every day and do my job," he said. "The voters will tell me if they want me to be here another four years, and I'll abide by their decision."
Oh, so he's going to abide by our decision - as if he has a choice. Isn't that generous of him.
The arrogance comes through in everything he says and does.
Absolutely true! Arrogance is all he has. Every other aspect of him is a big ZERO. What a waste.
Chris

Mansfield, OH

#8 Nov 18, 2012
dude abides wrote:
Barry Grossman has done a lot for Erie County.
4 more years!
Please make a list, I would love to see a blank page!
citizen

Erie, PA

#9 Nov 18, 2012
Bad Move wrote:
County Exec? That is the wrong office for Dean.

He's be better off as a State Rep. He could honestly do a good job for his district in that post. He's not a bad guy, is smart enough, and cares a great, great deal about the Harborcreek area. He should stay in his current post, wait until Sonney leaves and then run for Sonney's State Rep. post.
Or, two terms as county exec then state rep.
He probably doesn't want to live in Harrisburg right now with young kid(s) at home.
toasted nuts

Brighton, MI

#10 Nov 18, 2012
I would vote for a steaming pile of dogshit before I would vote for grossmen. Of course he makes a steaming pile look good.
Christine

Erie, PA

#11 Nov 18, 2012
You idiots reelected bronco bama and you idiots will reelect Grossman. Nothing changes. Even the idiot Stu is trying to make this post about the County Executive race into another of his anti-Catholic rants. You can't fix idiots.
Steve

Erie, PA

#12 Nov 18, 2012
Dean is a good man, he has my vote.

HC Resident
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#13 Nov 18, 2012
Hagerty.
Christine wrote:
You idiots reelected bronco bama and you idiots will reelect Grossman. Nothing changes. Even the idiot Stu is trying to make this post about the County Executive race into another of his anti-Catholic rants. You can't fix idiots.
uh oh

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Ask Dean how he almost ran his business intp the ground. He gets re-elected in HC because he is invisable. I'm not sure what the hell the guy really does.
Tan Buff and Hung

Erie, PA

#15 Nov 18, 2012
uh oh wrote:
Ask Dean how he almost ran his business intp the ground. He gets re-elected in HC because he is invisable. I'm not sure what the hell the guy really does.
I remember he promised to get rid of the closed down harbor creek mall and get the property back on the tax rolls.
Oh yea. He did.
uh oh

Erie, PA

#16 Nov 18, 2012
What else? Promise to plow snow off the road in the winter too? We can do better than Dean, sorry.
mall santa

Erie, PA

#17 Nov 19, 2012
uh oh wrote:
What else? Promise to plow snow off the road in the winter too? We can do better than Dean, sorry.
I think the issue is: what has Grossman done? We must do better than him.
uh oh

Erie, PA

#18 Nov 19, 2012
I agree. But why replace a cancer with a cancer? Dean isn't the guy. Dean wanted the HC Mall demoed because it was practically in his back yard. What else has the guy done? I've lived here for 35 years and his one big issue has been the mall since he's been in office.
CRANK

Erie, PA

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Watevr wrote:
Maybe Roger Richards can do for Dean what he did for Janet Anderson
Or Dale McBrier.
Steve

United States

#20 Nov 19, 2012
Ask yourself this......that may be his one big thing.....the HC Mall location, how long had it sat there prior to him taking office and how long after office was it gone. What have you done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebert Beeman 25 min Sam Colt 1
Do u think Ebola should be taken seriously? 30 min Randy Randerson2 6
Toomey hosts poverty round-table event in Erie 37 min Democrats 6
ISIS and the world. 39 min Islam the Devil c... 5
Keep the Africans in Africa Obama 41 min Randy Randerson2 16
Fight at Ghetto-Mart 56 min state street stan 45
23 year old Adam Brown 1 hr not a prob 2
Fairview Dating
Find my Match

Fairview Jobs