Macho Camacho shot in the face

Posted in the Fairview Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
boxers r lowlifes

Erie, PA

#1 Nov 21, 2012
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico Former world boxing champion Hector "Macho" Camacho was shot in the face as he sat in a car outside the Puerto Rican capital Tuesday, and doctors said he was in serious condition but expected to survive.

Another man in the car, whose relationship to the 50-year-old Camacho wasn't immediately known, died in the attack in which at least one gunman opened fire on their vehicle in the city of Bayamon, according to a statement from police.

Camacho was rushed to Centro Medico, the trauma center in San Juan, where he was in critical but stable condition, Dr. Ernesto Torres, the hospital director, told reporters.

The bullet apparently struck him in the jaw but exited his head and lodged in his right shoulder and fractured two vertebrae, Torres said. The doctor said the boxer, who was trailed by drug and alcohol problems during a career that included some high-profile bouts, could be paralyzed from the shooting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/hect...
Tim Leary

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2012
Why are they "scum"? Because you know they can whup your azz and you have no self confidence?
Macho Maniac

Erie, PA

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Living on the edge finally caught up to him.
Tyson

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Boxers take too many shots to the head.
Evander Holyfield

Waterford, PA

#7 Nov 22, 2012
Tyson wrote:
Boxers take too many shots to the head.
....and ears!
So there

Erie, PA

#8 Nov 22, 2012
Kind of answers the question of who wins in a fight between a hands fighter and a gun. Just saying.
Tim Leary

United States

#9 Nov 22, 2012
So there wrote:
Kind of answers the question of who wins in a fight between a hands fighter and a gun. Just saying.
unless the gun wielder is within arms reach.(W.A.R.)
So there

Ardsley, NY

#10 Nov 22, 2012
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>unless the gun wielder is within arms reach.(W.A.R.)
How do you know he wasn't?
TALLY

Waterford, PA

#11 Nov 22, 2012
He shot his mouth off and then got his mouth shot off....
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#12 Nov 22, 2012
So there wrote:
No it doesn't. That circumstance is an example if that circumstance not a different one.(If you could even call that "a fight".)
St Larry

Meadville, PA

#13 Nov 23, 2012
boxers r lowlifes wrote:
The doctor said the boxer, who was trailed by drug and alcohol problems during a career that included some high-profile bouts, could be paralyzed from the shooting.
Or brain dead. Good call, doc.
C'mon Man

Springfield, NJ

#14 Nov 24, 2012
Oh man I shot Macho in the Face!
Body Shots r Us

Erie, PA

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Body Shots r Us

Erie, PA

#16 Nov 24, 2012
&fe ature=related

"every time Bas Rutten punches somebody in the liver, a Chuck Norris joke dies"
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Body Shots r Us wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JITHsqi5Uk8XX&feature=rel ated
"every time Bas Rutten punches somebody in the liver, a Chuck Norris joke dies"
Coo. Too bad about Camacho though. Wiki'd Sugar Ray Leonard 2 day and found Macho beat him...and Roberto F'n Duran twice!! Granted they were older but at one point Duran had 71 wins and 1 loss with like 50 ko's or some craxy shit.

See ya in heaven Macho and when I do I gotta break something because you never paid me for that coke bitch...

:)

Sad how many boxers end though.
beery leary

United States

#19 Nov 24, 2012
yoo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coo. Too bad about Camacho though. Wiki'd Sugar Ray Leonard 2 day and found Macho beat him...and Roberto F'n Duran twice!! Granted they were older but at one point Duran had 71 wins and 1 loss with like 50 ko's or some craxy shit.
See ya in heaven Macho and when I do I gotta break something because you never paid me for that coke bitch...
:)
Sad how many boxers end though.
agree, but it seems MMA is becoming more popular with a new generation than boxing. A lot of it probably has to do with too much criminal influence over boxing matches, nobody wants to pay to see a fixed fight. Most MMA fans know enough to tell if a fight is fixed, I saw it happen once. They crowd went so nuts booing the owner actually had the decision changed to a draw.
beery leary

United States

#20 Nov 24, 2012
Conversely, you see nobody in MMA hitting anywhere near as hard as pro boxing. Hopefully you won't see as many brain damaged competitors in their later years either...
so there

Erie, PA

#21 Nov 25, 2012
yoo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. That circumstance is an example if that circumstance not a different one.(If you could even call that "a fight".)
Yea, it answers it. Guns rule!
Coyote

Erie, PA

#22 Nov 25, 2012
Also confirms that the use and pursuit of drugs can be hazardous to your health.
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#23 Nov 25, 2012
so there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, it answers it. Guns rule!
How'd that work out for that dude at Odis 12 that got choked to death?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ServErie Effort: What a Joke! 20 min Truth 2
Loud Pipes Pis People Off 22 min ZUGZWANG 8
BRASERIE DEARIE...where wives go for lingerie t... (Oct '15) 27 min ZUGZWANG 43
who is eries richest man (Oct '11) 28 min ZUGZWANG 47
Lying snitch 29 min ZUGZWANG 18
Corruption and people trying to hiding it in Erie 33 min Floyd 20
RIP Chester Bennington 47 min Parker 6

Fairview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance