Burglar takes $3,300 worth of items from home

Full story: GoErie.com
State police at Girard are investigating a burglary in which $3,300 worth of items were stolen. Full Story
Fed Up

Erie, PA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
SERIOUSLY? The burglaries in Fairview are out of control. When did the State police think they might do something about this? It's like when the same circle K got robbed ten times! Yeah, let's not bring back the Fairview police force...GREAT IDEA!
protected

Westlake, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Theres not enough crime in fairview to justify bringing back the police force. They need to assign a couple state boys to the area. The state police are rarely here and that opens the doors to these crimes. In fairview its big news when something is stolen, graffitied, or dui. Rarely do you hear anything else going on. It takes state police a little while to get out here and that is why they should always have at least one officer in the area. I know these burglaries are going to continue until the people are caught and thats why i sleep with my house and truck locked, my rot at my side and my special friend on the night stand.
jared

AOL

#3 Mar 19, 2009
actually, over the last year the crimes have been getting out of control in the fairview area....i believe that there have been 4 armed robberies within the last year, numerous residential and commercial burglaries and a growing methamphetamine problem....all of which cant be handled by the state police. its not because they are lazy or that they dont have the intelligence to solve the crimes...its about the manpower. do you realize the the girard barracks only has one car on at night? that car is reponsible for covering I79 to north of edinboro...I90 from ohio to sterrettanua road and all of the areas west of millcreek to the ohio line and south past albion....how in the world can one car handle the area? they cant....the state refuses to increase the manpower..i cant believe that the west county residence arent up in arms over the lack of police protection in the area

“Fairview, PA”

Since: Mar 09

Fairview, PA

#5 Mar 19, 2009
crimes have not been getting out of control in fairview. I live in fairview and crimes consist of spray paint tagging and minor stuff. The armed robberies you are refering to im assuming are the ones at the marathon gas staion. I do a lot of bussiness there and believe me its not the lack of police in the area that promoted the robber to hit there. The gas station did not have cameras or any type of security which presented a perfect opportunity for a thief. The state police responsible for that area are not from the girard dept. instead they are from the lawrence park dept. Girard has more then one car out at night. I know many officers from the girard barracks who are on patrol at night. what meth problems are you referring to? Springfield, lake city and girard have had way more meth issues then fairview. The residents in fairview arent even the ones commiting the crimes here.
jared

AOL

#6 Mar 19, 2009
wow, you are very misinformed....you should really check your facts before you post. minor stuff? really? lets see, the robberies included the gas station, subway and the bank. LOL, why would the lawrence park barracks handle the fairview area? are you serious? the next time you need a trooper, call the lawrence park barracks, and you will be directed to call the girard barracks. many troopers on patrol at night, i dont think so. they have one 2 man car on the road. And its not about who is committing the crime in fairview, its that crime is being committed.....

i'm suprised, that as a fairview resident, that you are not more aware that the protection, or lack of protection, afforded to you by your tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u think Ebola should be taken seriously? 20 min Fromthegravedeath... 5
Toomey hosts poverty round-table event in Erie 43 min Tom Weber 4
Is the Eric Frein manhunt just a big fake? 52 min Jim 15
Fight at Ghetto-Mart 1 hr state street stan 43
Gary Miller Dodge 1 hr Barry McCaulkiner 9
F___ Ryan Bizzaro 2 hr Barry McCaulkiner 4
ISIS and the world. 3 hr Caughey Cathy 3
Fairview Dating
Find my Match

Fairview Jobs