bikers against child abuse

bikers against child abuse

Posted in the Fairview Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
asking

Highland Park, MI

#1 May 17, 2012
Where does the money donated to this organization go to? Does anyone know? I know they do toy runs and such but how do they benefit the abused child? Any answers?
William

Erie, PA

#2 May 18, 2012
donate some money and ask them, if your not, its none of your business
Here you go

Erie, PA

#3 May 18, 2012
From their Facebook page...

"It is an honor to have been selected to share this with the Erie City Mission. The money will be used to help defray some of the cost of our Poker Run/Kids Carnival on 8/11/12, which will then allow us to make a bigger donation to the Crime Victim's Center. We are also working with a local agency to help purchase items for abused child in our community."
Frank

Erie, PA

#4 May 18, 2012
Don't these guys contribute to child abuse when they beat their kids and wives after a hard nights drinking with their MC buddies? Stay away from daddy he's drunk or has a hangover and he's in his 40's!
Glen

United States

#5 May 19, 2012
Couldn't agree more. What a f-ing joke!!!!
asking

United States

#6 May 19, 2012
I have given to this and do have a right to ask. The rest of you are idiots.
boomer

United States

#7 May 19, 2012
The money goes for Ho's and booze.
William

Erie, PA

#8 May 19, 2012
asking wrote:
I have given to this and do have a right to ask. The rest of you are idiots.
Then ask them you f-in retard, why are you posting it on here?
Vroom vroom

Erie, PA

#9 May 19, 2012
Here you go wrote:
From their Facebook page...
"It is an honor to have been selected to share this with the Erie City Mission. The money will be used to help defray some of the cost of our Poker Run/Kids Carnival on 8/11/12, which will then allow us to make a bigger donation to the Crime Victim's Center. We are also working with a local agency to help purchase items for abused child in our community."
"defray the costs of the poker run" , translation; we have a party with your donations, anything that's left over goes to the City Mission.
Dink

United States

#10 May 20, 2012
Vroom vroom wrote:
<quoted text>"defray the costs of the poker run" , translation; we have a party with your donations, anything that's left over goes to the City Mission.
LOL......I doubt your "translation" was meant to be humorous, but for some reason I find it to be.
Dusty

Huntsville, AL

#11 May 22, 2012
In our chapter, the money pays for therapy for abused children whose family cannot afford it, we put on a big picnic for the kids in the summer, and Christmas party in the winter.

It also pays for supplies/gifts when an abused child becomes part of BACA.

And there is so much more, like surveillance systems for kid's houses who are still being victimized, taking the kids out for lunch while attending court, and on and on. Everything goes to support the kids.

Not a dime goes to BACA members, nor parties, etc.

I suspect the above mentioned poker run also helps finance the kid's carnival, but have no direct knowledge of that chapter.

And we do not hang out with MCs.
asking

United States

#12 May 22, 2012
Is hanging out with MCs a bad thing?
wffw

United States

#13 May 22, 2012
Dusty wrote:
In our chapter, the money pays for therapy for abused children whose family cannot afford it, we put on a big picnic for the kids in the summer, and Christmas party in the winter.
It also pays for supplies/gifts when an abused child becomes part of BACA.
And there is so much more, like surveillance systems for kid's houses who are still being victimized, taking the kids out for lunch while attending court, and on and on. Everything goes to support the kids.
Not a dime goes to BACA members, nor parties, etc.
I suspect the above mentioned poker run also helps finance the kid's carnival, but have no direct knowledge of that chapter.
And we do not hang out with MCs.
why not
biker

United States

#14 May 22, 2012
Dusty wrote:
In our chapter, the money pays for therapy for abused children whose family cannot afford it, we put on a big picnic for the kids in the summer, and Christmas party in the winter.
It also pays for supplies/gifts when an abused child becomes part of BACA.
And there is so much more, like surveillance systems for kid's houses who are still being victimized, taking the kids out for lunch while attending court, and on and on. Everything goes to support the kids.
Not a dime goes to BACA members, nor parties, etc.
I suspect the above mentioned poker run also helps finance the kid's carnival, but have no direct knowledge of that chapter.
And we do not hang out with MCs.
dusty, does your comment about not hanging out with MC's mean that you don't want MC's attending and supporting your fund raising events ?
Vroom vroom

Erie, PA

#15 May 23, 2012
biker wrote:
<quoted text>
dusty, does your comment about not hanging out with MC's mean that you don't want MC's attending and supporting your fund raising events ?
It probably just means that he has a life.
BACA Member

Des Moines, IA

#16 Sep 4, 2012
asking wrote:
I have given to this and do have a right to ask. The rest of you are idiots.
Funds raised by each chapter of BACA are used in the area they are raised. Some of the funds go into a therapy assistance fund that is maintained by each chapter. This may be actual therapy, counseling, etc. or can be camp, horseback riding lessons, karate...whatever can help the child be a child again.
Some funds will be used to purchase gifts,(first meeting, birthdays, etc.)vests and patches for the kids' vests. Most chapters also have a summer picnic and Christmas party for Kids, siblings, families.
Some funds must be used for office supplies, printing of flyers, awareness events, etc. This is how we get the word out
NO member of BACA is financially compensated for his or her participation. We are all volunteer and have no employees.
BACA works within the system, filling a gap for children who are afraid. We work with law enforcement, judges, prosecutors, social workers, child advocacy groups, and any agency that deals with abused children.
We exist to Empower children to not be afraid of the world in which they live. That is our mission, and that's all.
P.S. if you dont believe me, contact your local chapter and go to a meeting, they are free and open to the public.
Professor Scootertrash

Erie, PA

#18 Sep 5, 2012
Lou Tullio wrote:
<quoted text> What a bunch of Bull from a bunch of dirtbags.
Name calling just like in grade school. Really? If you don't to go on poker runs, or raise money for charities, then don't. Why disparage those who like to do so? Why do you care? What evidence do you have that anyone of them is a "dirtbag"? How many do you know? Do ever think before you post? Do you ever think?
kaboom

Paterson, NJ

#20 Sep 5, 2012
Lou Tullio wrote:
<quoted text> What a bunch of Bull from a bunch of dirtbags.
Is it even possible for you to be more clueless and moronic than you already are? What a tool bag you are; you obviously know none of them yet presume to know what they're like.....you're just a loser
Joe Doakes

Erie, PA

#21 Sep 5, 2012
kaboom wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it even possible for you to be more clueless and moronic than you already are? What a tool bag you are; you obviously know none of them yet presume to know what they're like.....you're just a loser
You sound like the real loser here. You sound just like the dirt bags defending their mc clubs. Grow up clown.
kaboom

Newark, NJ

#22 Sep 5, 2012
Joe Doakes wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like the real loser here. You sound just like the dirt bags defending their mc clubs. Grow up clown.
It's not an mc club you clueless twit; go back to lookin up guy on guy videos on mommy's computer,boy- and no, I'm not even a biker, so I'm not even sticking up for my own, but unlike you- I actually DO know some of them......
Be sure your homework is done before bed, kiddo :)
Love, Dad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barb Chafee cancels Erie 2028 Olympic Bid 4 hr Proud American 1
ECP COVER UP deleted? 4 hr Erie Dem Committe... 60
Erie County Prison Suspensions 4 hr Erie Dem Committe... 24
John Mccain 4 hr ho chi minh 17
Mercyhust prep football/athletics out of control! 4 hr KenPowers 109
Barbara Chaffee cancels Amazon bid for Erie 5 hr Classey FreddieBl... 14
Timmy boy leary 5 hr Classey FreddieBl... 2

Fairview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairview Mortgages