Couple gets 45-day reprieve

Mar 23, 2011 Full story: GoErie

A Fairview Township couple fighting to continue living in their heavy-equipment business will live there at least another 45 days.

Full Story
Sondra Anderson Estes

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 27, 2011
In view of the age of the Summervilles of Canal Road and number of years they have resided on the property of their business, isn't there some type of multi-use spot zoning with a grandfather clause that would prevent them from naming "successors or assigns" etc so that for their remaining life they could continue to reside there. I grew up in Fairview Twp across from the cemetery and remember the wonderful Weislogel family and know how Ron's dad helped give a person a place to live for a period. Who is giving this Summerville family all the grief? There MUST be some "grandfather" situation in relation to some "multi-use" or "mixed-use"! Have a heart!!!
Retaliation is the Goal

Erie, PA

#2 Apr 8, 2011
The only reason the township is pursuing these people is to retaliate. Rick's son was fixing cars in his garage to make a living. The big bad township came in with their big bad zoning officer and shut him down. Mr. Summerville Sr. started complaining about other people working on cars in their garage. He also started to complain about the Supervisor's and their friends working on their own cars and tractors on Township property using the township garage and the township tools. The Supervisors did not like that and they are going to continually harass these people that no one has complained about living in their property until the day they die. The Summerville's aren't the only victims either!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is The "Zugzwang" Carachter?? 12 min Zugzwang 11
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 41 min Ed Swindell 51,527
Walking @ Scott Park 43 min Retired 3
Downtown Drinking Partnership loses 300 Erie In... 1 hr trump 9
I called it 1 hr everyone 17
George Carlin on Beheadings 2 hr Mr McFeely 34
Mcdowell 3 hr sid 43

Fairview Jobs

Fairview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fairview News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairview

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]