Carnegie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Zugzwang wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get too smug or comfortable there "DUDE"......Julio is just over the border and he will do your job for PENNIES to the DOLLAR. Texas is only Phase 1 of GE moving to Mexico. You've been warned.......
You said it! Mexico already has an office there with about 2.000 office workers. Not a small operation at all.
Road warrior

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

It's only a matter of time until GE is gone from Erie. Will the last person leaving Erie please turn out the lights.
LET FREEDOM RING

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

GE doesn't want to pay fair wages to workers only poverty wages while the CEO gets millions:

Article in Huffington Post
General Electric says its Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt received compensation for 2012 that was 80 percent more than his pay in 2011.

The company, which makes products ranging from light bulbs to jet engines, gave Immelt a pay package valued at nearly $20.6 million, according to an Associated Press analysis of regulatory documents filed Monday. That compares with $11.4 million in 2011.

GREED IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE U.S. OF A
LET FREEDOM RING

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Before Int'l Paper left Erie it made the union workers take a big pay hike and pay for their health care. When employees picketed and asked for support from GE workers they got turned down. It doesn't feel too good - does it.
LET FREEDOM RING

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

LET FREEDOM RING wrote:
Before Int'l Paper left Erie it made the union workers take a big pay hike and pay for their health care. When employees picketed and asked for support from GE workers they got turned down. It doesn't feel too good - does it.
Typo they had to take a big pay CUT.
Sydney Fife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Fsrt
Leonard Paduzka wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait. Erie deserves what they are about to get. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fartface
Barry Grossboy

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I never knew a GE worker that actually worked. Gotta love that Union.
Barry Grossboy

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

And they should take away all the outrageous pensions that the lazy union workers stold over the years. I want my GE stock to go up!!! Please vote for me on your way to Unemployment!! I need another 4 years to get a good County pension. Thank you.
tx machinist

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Who knew being an unskilled labor force full of hillbillies and mexicans would payoff. And we have a Cabela's, hell we have three. I believe you can apply at getjobsintexas.com . That's if you don't mind being a "scab", riding horses to work or getting paid in tortillas.
opie

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

st barts wrote:
<quoted text>If you would truly like to help these people vote Democratic. It's that simple.
Yea the dems have kept them dumb and poor for all these years why change now
Wilt

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Unions ruin everything
grock

Hookstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

now mayor Joe and commisioner Barry are involved
boycott roar on the shore
Insider

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Quit blaming the union, blame total corporate greed. GE wants no inventory dollars on the shop floor so that is why half of the time the shop workers are waiting for parts to do their jobs. They would rather beat up their suppliers to get parts in with 12 week lead times in less than a week after they place the order. Talk to any of the employees who work in the shop when there was no such thing as "lean" manufacturing. They could walk to the shelf and get their parts and keep production steady and going. Everything with GE is metrics. They insist that their bottom line is fat. Corporate greed. Don't get me wrong, all businesses need to make money but they are out of control with corporate salaries and bonuses. The average office employee works a minimum of a 50 to 55 hour work week, they are all salaried. GE has cut back their office staff and they employ a ton of contractors so they don't have to pay any type of benefit to them. No insurance, no paid holidays, no vacation or sick days. Corporate is nothing but a big fat pig getting fatter. They treat their employees with no respect what-so-ever! They beat the hell out of their employees and their suppliers because WE ARE GE, WE ARE TO BE FEARED AND RESPECTED, GET US OUR PARTS RIGHT NOW AND WE WILL BEAT OUR EMPLOYEES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO MAKE THEM PERFORM MIRACLES!
And on another note, if anyone thinks that fat crack Grossman has any kind of pull or respect from Simonelli, you are living in Disneyworld. No one respects or even believes Grossman because he is nothing but a lazy buck toothed idiot. He hasn't done anything for Erie County since he stepped into that office. And really pull your heads out of the clouds, GE cares about no one. They come across as doing great things for the community such as giving donations to the United Way and other organizations. News flash, the majority of fundraisers for these charities are part of our "priveledge" for working there. We HAVE to do 2 volunteer projects a year to provide the community with a positive image that GE is a "giver". GE expects their employees to have no other life other than GE. Take your computer home everyday, take it on vacation with you and check your email throughout the evening and even if you get up in the middle of the night to go pee. We are your master.
asdf

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Insider wrote:
Quit blaming the union, blame total corporate greed. GE wants no inventory dollars on the shop floor so that is why half of the time the shop workers are waiting for parts to do their jobs. They would rather beat up their suppliers to get parts in with 12 week lead times in less than a week after they place the order. Talk to any of the employees who work in the shop when there was no such thing as "lean" manufacturing. They could walk to the shelf and get their parts and keep production steady and going. Everything with GE is metrics. They insist that their bottom line is fat. Corporate greed. Don't get me wrong, all businesses need to make money but they are out of control with corporate salaries and bonuses. The average office employee works a minimum of a 50 to 55 hour work week, they are all salaried. GE has cut back their office staff and they employ a ton of contractors so they don't have to pay any type of benefit to them. No insurance, no paid holidays, no vacation or sick days. Corporate is nothing but a big fat pig getting fatter. They treat their employees with no respect what-so-ever! They beat the hell out of their employees and their suppliers because WE ARE GE, WE ARE TO BE FEARED AND RESPECTED, GET US OUR PARTS RIGHT NOW AND WE WILL BEAT OUR EMPLOYEES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO MAKE THEM PERFORM MIRACLES!
And on another note, if anyone thinks that fat crack Grossman has any kind of pull or respect from Simonelli, you are living in Disneyworld. No one respects or even believes Grossman because he is nothing but a lazy buck toothed idiot. He hasn't done anything for Erie County since he stepped into that office. And really pull your heads out of the clouds, GE cares about no one. They come across as doing great things for the community such as giving donations to the United Way and other organizations. News flash, the majority of fundraisers for these charities are part of our "priveledge" for working there. We HAVE to do 2 volunteer projects a year to provide the community with a positive image that GE is a "giver". GE expects their employees to have no other life other than GE. Take your computer home everyday, take it on vacation with you and check your email throughout the evening and even if you get up in the middle of the night to go pee. We are your master.
if it is so bad there quit and find a different job. you are not shackled to ge, it is a free country. complaining on topix does nothing. i never understand the people who constantly complain about something but do nothing to change their situation. always somebody elses fault. sad.

Since: Apr 13

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Lets just get to the fact of the matter! GE had a decision to make between Fort Worth and Erie and they chose the most efficient and better staffed facility. Everyone knew it was coming and all of Erie knew we would be the chosen one. Texans are just winners at almost everything we do and we will also win against the Union.#antiunion#proJR Fort Worth will succeed!
Wilt

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

The union is completely at fault here, they ruined GE just like the auto industry
Insider

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
if it is so bad there quit and find a different job. you are not shackled to ge, it is a free country. complaining on topix does nothing. i never understand the people who constantly complain about something but do nothing to change their situation. always somebody elses fault. sad.
Oh you apparently know everything I do, don't you? Well to set the record straight and to prove you know squat about me I am actively looking. I had an interview yesterday and have one today. I am just not complaining I am getting out! A$$clown.
Barry Grossboy

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Wilt wrote:
The union is completely at fault here, they ruined GE just like the auto industry
You are correct. I just cannot believe it took management as long as it did to produce another site to do business at. 4 hour work days just don't cut it when you are in a competitive business.

Hopefully these GE workers will leave Erie as soon as they get their notices. No company in Erie area will hire a GE worker due to their Union mentality.

Again, to all you GE Union dummies, vote for me before you leave.
grock

Hookstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

for the slow down in global mining. coal freight...
and the Marcellus shale gas thingie
yep. our fault.
we surrender
made in tx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I love not working for a union.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairview Discussions

Search the Fairview Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Erie man charged in assault on Neighborhood Wat... 1 hr Trayvon 16
Why do so few Blacks go to Sara's restaurant? 1 hr sidnee crozbee 10
Elizabeth D'Aurora's Heavenly Hindquarters 1 hr wetphart 14
Teezers (Jul '12) 2 hr Pete 41
Amy Bella (Aug '13) 2 hr david 44
Black Erie County Democratic Chairman is nuts 3 hr Take That 30
Why Does Erie Blow? 3 hr Freight train 5
•••
•••