State's money woes could soon be ours...

State's money woes could soon be ours State budget: 'Universal ...

There are 10 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jan 25, 2009, titled State's money woes could soon be ours State budget: 'Universal .... In it, GoErie.com reports that:

The U.S. Brig Niagara sails on Presque Isle Bay near Liberty Park during a public day sail on July 6. Picture Presque Isle's beaches closed for lack of lifeguards and its restrooms locked because there's no one ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

FDR

Oil City, PA

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Sell the fake Brig Niagara just in time for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Lake Erie. And get rid of the Tom Ridge Center and airfield. His "brand" is sinking Erie's economy.
lakerman1

Oil City, PA

#2 Jan 26, 2009
Perhaps if the governor had not been wandering around the state, giving out those large cardboard checks, we would not have a money problem.
Rendell is not called Fast Eddie for nothing. He took state money and stacked it up in corrupt Philadelphia to maintain his base of support.

No more democratic governors! Please!
Tim O

Waterford, PA

#4 Jan 26, 2009
I look at the Tom Ridge Center and want to cry every time I drive by and notice the lack of cars in the parking lot. I drive by Wayne Middle School and I cry because of all the kids walking to a school that is clearly falling apart.
lou schwartz

United States

#5 Jan 26, 2009
why should the taxpayers who work and own property be saddled with paying for lifeguards and facilties to comfort the non working ? i don't have a lifeguard on my beach .
lou schwartz

United States

#8 Jan 26, 2009
Dark Moon wrote:
Hey Lou, just because someone is at the beach, doesn't mean they are non-working. If you need a lifegaurd on your beach why don't you hire one you cheap bass tard!
then waht are they doing at the beach ? i would like one of those jobs.
Greg

AOL

#9 Jan 26, 2009
If tourism is bringin the money here then if u cut jobs at presque isle state park n the bathrroms r closed n less workers so that means less lifegaurds. That means there will be beaches closed (which were used to that but tourists arent) we r going to lose money cuz were going to lose some tourists that come here.. What abotu concession stands? r those going to be closed up too? then u really will lose out money.
Roger

Gibsonia, PA

#10 Jan 26, 2009
I say cut the state legislaters pay, the judges, and the fricken governers salary. It needs to start sometime.
ehh

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jan 26, 2009
I go to the beach on my days off and vacations. I have a job.
Erieite

Erie, PA

#13 Jan 26, 2009
Wow...Obama is really straightening things out, isn't he? Guess he might not be the Messiah after all...
apl1961

Tampa, FL

#14 Jan 26, 2009
It would be just like the state to cut programs
that have the potential to make money for the
comunity and it's people. They would certainley
not want to cut there pay or vactions or perks
they have voted for themselves. It certainley
be a lot more Adventages to put a lot of money
in the Tulio center or Union Station or another Convention center where no one
in the aera except the polititions can benifit
THESE PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO CHANGE GEARS AND GET
THERE HEADS SCREWED ON BEFORE REALITY SETS IN
APL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(Bye Bye ) Pirrello (May '17) 9 min MrsBryant20 17
Trump, RESIGN it will get worse 1 hr Mr Magoo 83
ain 1 hr Plato 31
Flippi owes 23,000 dollars in school taxes. 1 hr Sonya Defense Str... 21
Dems keep losing trying to get Trump 1 hr Jesus 5
Hey hunter are you a liberal? 1 hr Plato 2
Who will Dems put up against trump? 2 hr life coach 6

Fairview Jobs

Personal Finance

Fairview Mortgages