Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn'...

Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn't Have Voted for Obamacare If I'd Known About HHS ...

There are 72 comments on the Free Republic story from Feb 8, 2012, titled Kathy Dahlkemper: I Wouldn't Have Voted for Obamacare If I'd Known About HHS .... In it, Free Republic reports that:

Former Democratic congresswoman Kathy Dahlkemper, a Catholic from Erie, Pennsylvania, cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

trojan

United States

#21 Feb 8, 2012
imsi12b wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed he is a typical liberal hypocrite.
Catholics is really beside the point. Aside from the fact that most Catholics don't actually work for the the Catholic Church, charities or hospitals, people who are practicing Catholics or who work for Catholic institutions know the proscriptions and if they feel that strongly that they should be so provided, should find another church or another job. They know the church believes it is wrong. It is a principle of that religion that must be accepted and respected even if they choose not to adhere to it. It's like forcing the Amish elders to buy light bulbs for their brethren. I suppose some cheat and actually use an electric light from time to time, I don't know, but they all know what their faith demands. Regardless, They don't expect a pack of soft-whites on their doorstep.
It amazes me how progressive lefties are always popping off yelling "establishment clause" and "violation of 'church and state!'" every five minutes but are hypocritically oblivious to the rights of religion and religious expression.
I suppose that some Catholic women cheat and use birth control from time to time. Remember, every sperm is sacred. Drink the contents of rubbers to avoid sacrelige!
Marvin

New London, OH

#22 Feb 8, 2012
trojan wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that some Catholic women cheat and use birth control from time to time. Remember, every sperm is sacred. Drink the contents of rubbers to avoid sacrelige!
thou shall not eat from the tree of life

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#23 Feb 8, 2012
Dances with Wolves wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, both statements are not mutually exclusive. A person can be "pro-life" as it relates to their own beliefs and personal choices. The same person may also realize that they can't dictate the same behavior to others, so are "pro-choice" for the sake of the current law and other individuals, not themselves. The "pro-life" person will not willingly support abortion, but understands that, by law, they cannot stop anyone else from having one.
The terms are misleading as a person can technically be both.
You have somewhat of a point, given that nearly two-thirds of the country think Roe v Wade should be upheld. Still, the numbers I quoted are what people consider themselves. So, obviously, even some of those who consider themselves pro-life do fit under the category of "personally pro-life", "legally pro-choice for others". And that refutes the claim that most women are pro-life, as is most of the country.
Dances with Wolves

Baltimore, MD

#24 Feb 8, 2012
CRANK wrote:
<quoted text>
You are leaving out the cost aspect. Many of those that would support a women's right to choose, also support the concept of not using tax dollars to pay for it. More of the opposition is based upon being forced to subsidize it, than the procedure itself. Those opposed to the economics get lumped in with those opposed for religious reasons. Not the same thing in all cases.
Good Point! That's why those polls make no sense. Everything depends on the specific questions asked and room for the most appropriate answer.

I'm firmly in the "opposed to subsidize with my tax dollars" camp...lol

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#25 Feb 8, 2012
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
More women are pro life than pro choice, as is the whole population.
ALL WOMEN are PRO-LIFE....and that "ALL" includes those who are Pro-choice.

The whole population, except for some psychopaths, are PRO-LIFE.

Anti-abortion cultists have a damn warped view of 'life.'
Steinhagen

Pittsburgh, PA

#26 Feb 8, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL WOMEN are PRO-LIFE....and that "ALL" includes those who are Pro-choice.
The whole population, except for some psychopaths, are PRO-LIFE.
Anti-abortion cultists have a damn warped view of 'life.'
Please idiot, spare your philosophy. All it does is confirm your stupidity.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Feb 8, 2012
Kathy Dahlkemper has better hair than pelosi

Huntsville, AL

#29 Feb 9, 2012
Not surprisingly Dahlkemper wants to deny to women what she enjoed as a Federal Employee! Just like Tan Man Boner, Turtle McConnel, etc.

Republican congressional leaders are entering the fray over the Obama administration’s weeks-old decision to require employer-provided health insurance to cover contraception, including for some religious organizations that don’t employ a majority of people of that faith. The decision has been a hot topic on the campaign trail in recent days, but today, Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) took the House floor to slam it, calling it an “unambiguous attack on religious freedom in our country” and vowed to repeal the regulation. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) had a similarly sharp indictment yesterday. Watch it:

But missed in this debate is the fact Boehner and McConnell’s own health insurance plans covers contraception, something they now want to deny to others.

Since 1998, every insurer participating in the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP)— including members of Congress — has had access to comprehensive contraceptive coverage, including emergency contraception, such as the morning after pill. Republican lawmakers now want to prevent access to the coverage they enjoy to employees of religious organizations who may not be of that religion or who disagree with anti-contraception doctrine (89 percent of Catholics say contraception decision should be theirs, not the church’s).
bada bing

Maryland Heights, MO

#30 Feb 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>You have somewhat of a point, given that nearly two-thirds of the country think Roe v Wade should be upheld. Still, the numbers I quoted are what people consider themselves. So, obviously, even some of those who consider themselves pro-life do fit under the category of "personally pro-life", "legally pro-choice for others". And that refutes the claim that most women are pro-life, as is most of the country.
You don't even know what Roe said.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#31 Feb 9, 2012
bada bing wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what Roe said.
What are you babbling about?
Joe Root

Washington, DC

#32 Feb 9, 2012
Dahlkemper campaigned as an opponent of abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. She claimed she opposed the Senate version of Obamacare- until they needed her vote. She was told this would happen. This is the final chapter of her hypocrisy.
libsBlowMe

Erie, PA

#33 Feb 9, 2012
Joe Root wrote:
Dahlkemper campaigned as an opponent of abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. She claimed she opposed the Senate version of Obamacare- until they needed her vote. She was told this would happen. This is the final chapter of her hypocrisy.
Kathy owes us an apology for calling us liars when we told her this would happen.
I don't think she's a hypocrite. This proves she's stupid.
Big deal

Fairview, PA

#34 Nov 26, 2012
Pro Life, Pro choice, How about pro common sense? Face it, the world is overpopulated, technology has eliminated jobs, not created them. Why bring more people into the world just to have them go on the internet to fight & argue with each other? The ever growing carbon footprint.

Just saying....

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Minneapolis

#35 Nov 26, 2012
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you mean a small handful of left wing nutcases are trying to destroy the Church and drag her down to their level.
NEWS FLASH......

The church is doing a fine job destroying itself with the pedophile issues along with their misogynistic tendencies directed by a bunch of men with no female leadership/governance allowed.
Ocean56

AOL

#37 Nov 26, 2012
Unemployerie wrote:
not talking about abortion. Talking about birth control. Which reduces the number of women seeking abortions. Plain common sense.
Common sense ISN'T a virtue in the catholic church, as far as I'M concerned. If it was, the church would ENCOURAGE the use of reliable contraception instead of banning it.

The more people who reject this toxic institution and all its repressive baggage, the better. Why any woman would want to allow a bunch of male clerics in dresses to make sexual and reproductive decisions for her is beyond me.

In any case, all women need to remember that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. That means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she either doesn't ever want pregnancy or children or if she is DONE having kids and doesn't want any more. It's HER life, so it's HER decision.
Factoid

Erie, PA

#38 Nov 26, 2012
Catholic Democrat wrote:
Not all Catholics are right wing nutcases. A small handful try to make it look that way.
There is no such thing as a Catholic Democrat. Any Catholic that voted democrat is no different than Judas himself. What did you do with your 30 pieces of silver you got for selling out Christ and his teachings?
Factoid

Erie, PA

#39 Nov 26, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense ISN'T a virtue in the catholic church, as far as I'M concerned. If it was, the church would ENCOURAGE the use of reliable contraception instead of banning it.
The more people who reject this toxic institution and all its repressive baggage, the better. Why any woman would want to allow a bunch of male clerics in dresses to make sexual and reproductive decisions for her is beyond me.
In any case, all women need to remember that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. That means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she either doesn't ever want pregnancy or children or if she is DONE having kids and doesn't want any more. It's HER life, so it's HER decision.
Simple answer-Don't get pregnant. Once you do the child has the same human rights as the mother. Number one being the right to be born with out liberals trying to kill you.
Poor on the Shore

Erie, PA

#40 Nov 26, 2012
the present administration is doing a great job - of kissing Raplh Poontillos ass!
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#41 Nov 26, 2012
Factoid wrote:
<quoted text> Simple answer-Don't get pregnant. Once you do the child has the same human rights as the mother. Number one being the right to be born with out liberals trying to kill you.
Simple answer. Don't get raped because if you did it's only because you asked for it. Once you do the child should have the same fate to be raped and carry that chud that you did.

(tee hee. I called a baby a "chud" ;)

I crack myself up. Cheetos too!
Ocean56

AOL

#42 Nov 27, 2012
Factoid wrote:
Simple answer-Don't get pregnant. Once you do the child has the same human rights as the mother. Number one being the right to be born with out liberals trying to kill you.
Simple fact; another woman's pregnancy is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. No matter how many times rabid anti-choicers claim "it's a baby at conception" or something equally stupid, that is NOT the case. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. Which means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't ever want pregnancy or children, or if she is DONE having kids and doesn't want any more. Don't like it? Too bad, it ISN'T up to you.

Bottom line; you have the right to believe whatever you want regarding sex and reproduction. You do NOT have the right to impose anti-choice beliefs on all women. Deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Healthcare FAIL 12 min Kinkyboots 32
What happened to the Kanzius project??? 23 min cancer family 8
Trump is done! 25 min Kinkyboots 29
Another Weekend Another EPD accident 28 min Legalese 3
http://sharingduty.com/?cash=4304 33 min Leymarie 3
Nunes cancels Tuesday hearing 38 min tim leary 1
*** Millcreek Township Ridgefield Elementary Sc... 39 min media monger 35

Fairview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance