Caseyville mayor fires police chief again

Feb 28, 2014 Full story: Belleville News Democrat 61

Caseyville Police Chief Jose Alvarez and Mayor Len Black went at it Wednesday night during the Vilage Board meeting, shouting over operation of the department, making local hires and whether talk radio personality Bob Romanik really runs the police department.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
time to be heard

Collinsville, IL

#1 Feb 28, 2014
When are the people of Caseyville going to stand up to the piece of crap Mayor they have? Right or Wrong, he is going to do what ever Romanik tells him to do. Doesn't matter if it is good for the village or not, it all boils down to what is good for Black and Romanik. The people of Caseyville need to petition the Mayor to resign his elected position. It is the only thing that save the Village from complete ruination and hopefully prevent Caseyville from becoming another Washington Park. Romanik and Black have plans for the village of Caseyville that will do nothing but put money in the pockets of Black and Romanik. God help Caseyville unless Caseyville can help itself.
ourtown

United States

#2 Feb 28, 2014
Mayor black just signed his impeachment papers
Whatcha goin do

Belleville, IL

#3 Feb 28, 2014
time to be heard wrote:
When are the people of Caseyville going to stand up to the piece of crap Mayor they have? Right or Wrong, he is going to do what ever Romanik tells him to do. Doesn't matter if it is good for the village or not, it all boils down to what is good for Black and Romanik. The people of Caseyville need to petition the Mayor to resign his elected position. It is the only thing that save the Village from complete ruination and hopefully prevent Caseyville from becoming another Washington Park. Romanik and Black have plans for the village of Caseyville that will do nothing but put money in the pockets of Black and Romanik. God help Caseyville unless Caseyville can help itself.
crazyville is the laughing stock of st Clair county, you can't a better comedy show than this
out of no where

Belleville, IL

#4 Feb 28, 2014
ourtown wrote:
Mayor black just signed his impeachment papers
I am praying that you are right. This man should get out of office and it would be best for everyone if he got out of town also. No one in this town will ever like him or respect him again let alone want to see his face anywhere.
Matt

Belleville, IL

#5 Feb 28, 2014
What a piece of crap Black is !!!! A disgrace to all of Caseyville !!!!!
Resident

Columbia, IL

#6 Feb 28, 2014
Our town really is CRAZYVILLE!!
The mayor needs to go now! Romanik must have him by the baaallls!!!
dontstopbelievin g

Belleville, IL

#7 Feb 28, 2014
I cannot believe how far up Romaniks A$$ that Black is. What a laughing stock he has made our town, he lies on his show and does not reveal his true motivation for turning on people !!
Concerned

Collinsville, IL

#8 Feb 28, 2014
They are going to appoint Romaniks son chief at the next city council meeting
out of no where

Belleville, IL

#10 Mar 1, 2014
From what I heard the little jerk did this again without consulting with the board members. I hope the board members stand strong and show Black and Romanik that the board members are in charge and will fight for the people of Caseyville. Black has to know that he is on his way out and the town is outraged at his actions, He has no one to blame but himself for selling his soul to Romanik. Slither away into a hole, Black, and never come out. You even give snakes a bad feeling and name.
right vs wrong

Belleville, IL

#11 Mar 1, 2014
Save Caseyville. Get Rid of Leonard Black. Keep Jose Alvarez. The choice is plain and simple. Sgt. Moore filing charges against Chief Alvarez is a big JOKE. When did he become a fan of Black's? At one point they didn't get along because Moore as acting chief did not want to hire Romanik's kid and Black told him that he had to. He must have been promised something out of this fishy deal. Beware people of Caseyville, I believe Black and Moore are selling the town to the Grim Reaper.
Romaniblack

Belleville, IL

#12 Mar 1, 2014
He is so far up his ass that we almost can't find him !!!! What a sorry excuse for a human. Just watched the video of him being interviewed for stealing and using government discount for himself ! What a loser ! Catholics everywhere should be ashamed !!!!
ourtown

United States

#13 Mar 1, 2014
Black says hes trying to bring professionalism to the police dept, what about YOUR OFFICE you slimeball!! You are making this into a circus. Its time for the good people of caseyville to stand up and TAKE OUR TOWN BACK from the convict and his lil buddy.
erin and dave

Belleville, IL

#14 Mar 1, 2014
ourtown wrote:
Black says hes trying to bring professionalism to the police dept, what about YOUR OFFICE you slimeball!! You are making this into a circus. Its time for the good people of caseyville to stand up and TAKE OUR TOWN BACK from the convict and his lil buddy.
How...how can we take it back?
lifer

Belleville, IL

#15 Mar 1, 2014
Why don't you ask Len Romanik about the grievance letter from the Teamsters Union. All Len Romanik had to do is apologize for calling the office girls bitches and for telling them they smell like black people, well his failure to apologize cost them a grievance from the union. Way to go Bob Black or whatever name your using !!
Dale

Belleville, IL

#16 Mar 1, 2014
He is a horrible little man ! I never really liked my dad ! He drank too much and was an ass to my mom. He is even worse now ! Help us all !!!
shestheone

United States

#18 Mar 1, 2014
I was contacted today, the citizens are working on something to get rid of lenny. COUNT ME IN, I WILL BE A RECRUITER
right vs wrong

Belleville, IL

#19 Mar 1, 2014
Please inform everyone once this is started. COUNT ME IN and I know I can get a 100 people easy to help. Lets show the scum that we want our town back minus him & Romanik.
shestheone

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2014
GREAT
Elderly woman

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#21 Mar 1, 2014
Sounds like one person is writing this. I am so glad Alvarez is gone. He is not a cheif of police for the people.
Elderly woman

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#22 Mar 1, 2014
Leonard Black is one heck of a nice person and helps the people of Caseyville and it will be hard to find a better Mayor for Caseyville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairview Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone reltion to James tbone Taylor? 1 hr sue 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr NevadaBob 1,918
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Blwlgo 4,016
'We feel extremely blessed': Two women get marr... 3 hr update 103
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 49,788
The Patriot went out of business - not a shock 5 hr NotYourAverageBear 1
Belleville dangerous? Sun Doesnt Matter 38
•••
•••
•••

Fairview Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Fairview Heights People Search