Fairmont State Student Dies After Wee...

Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation

There are 535 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

Marion County Sheriff's Department has confirmed a Fairmont State University student has passed away following an altercation at a bar Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

prayingfor justice

Shinnston, WV

#146 May 23, 2011
Dan wrote:
A bunch of stupid rednecks getting drunk and fighting. Now that is something out of the ordinary.
nothing wrong with being a redneck sweetie, whats wrong is they beat my friend while he was already unconscious....thats just plain out ignorant, and it dont take a redneck to do that!
BINAROUND

Buckhannon, WV

#147 May 24, 2011
hey.....did they ever catch the shinnston terrorist? tire slasher/flag burner? NOOOOOOO. aint gonna find out the truth about the bar fight either. flag burner was cheechie. go get em cheech!
Terri

Fairmont, WV

#148 May 24, 2011
Maybe they would find something out if people would stop hiding in they're little shells. How could anyone lay they're head down at night with such heavy shoulders && knowing what they've done to another human being && someones son. ;( very sad.!!!!!!
Marion County cannot continue something & solve something if they have no leads, people get aggravated with them but they have to understand it's not they're fault. They cant make something up , and go to trial , and slap the cuffs on innocent people !!!

IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT MARION COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT.

REST IN PEACE JOSH !!!!
Roughneck

Shinnston, WV

#149 May 25, 2011
To bootyphatgurl, you go girl!!!
heather

Shinnston, WV

#150 May 25, 2011
okay. this is my opion. i knew josh and i heard about how danny was a piece of crap and everything else ...we all know he did it. and yeah there was more involed in this. i wasnt there at the time. but i also heard that the bar tender ripped up the video tape so know one could see it and if that is true he had to be friends with danny sowers. and all i know is they all need to get put 6 feet under the ground for killing him. josh was so love and caring he wasnt a fighter and he would never do anything for someone to have to beat him to death. i just think its its bs that someone would even beable to do that and live with it for the rest of there life. another thing is that danny does need to get put in jail or under the fround thats how i look at it ..!!
get the facts first

Shinnston, WV

#151 May 26, 2011
jda wrote:
He is a hot head. He is always wanting to fight. Well I have known him sense we were really young and he will do anything for money or drugs. he can't run from this one. He will never learn so don't feel bad for him. He doesn't want anyone to know where he is at cuz he knows they are coming for him.
ive known him prolly longer than anyone saying they know him n ur all wrong get ur facts straight if ya dont know you better check ur self danny isnt hiding never has and still isnt
get the facts first

Shinnston, WV

#152 May 26, 2011
ive known danny prolly longer than anybody sayin theyve known him for ever but if ya know josh like everyone says they do if ya wanna call anyone a druggy you should be pointing the finger to josh look it up on wboy josh oldaker arrested for heroin then look up danny and see if his name comes up on there with drug related charges get ur fact straight b4 u point the finger at ppl you dont know nothing about n the reason josh got a punch in the face is because he was trying to steal dannys girlfriends purse....for wat prolly to take her money and buy some more heroin needle junkie
Beavis

Terre Haute, IN

#153 May 27, 2011
get the facts first wrote:
ive known danny prolly longer than anybody sayin theyve known him for ever but if ya know josh like everyone says they do if ya wanna call anyone a druggy you should be pointing the finger to josh look it up on wboy josh oldaker arrested for heroin then look up danny and see if his name comes up on there with drug related charges get ur fact straight b4 u point the finger at ppl you dont know nothing about n the reason josh got a punch in the face is because he was trying to steal dannys girlfriends purse....for wat prolly to take her money and buy some more heroin needle junkie
I'm glad you cleared everything up. I guess the police can now close the case, since it was justifiable homicide.
you think ya kno

Fairfield, VA

#154 May 27, 2011
first off yea Josh may had problems...but never was arrested for heroin so get ur facts straight...I know them both n Danny loves his drugs too....Josh was trying to get Danny's girls purse BC she stole his exs ID...bet no one told ya that huh....it doesn't matter Josh didn't deserve to die and all involve will pay for this behind bars... I still believe Danny did punch him n knocked him out BC ashly g admitted to cops that she wad giving Josh some of her methadone wat ya don't know is Josh was clean of drugs got his life back on track this girl knew wat she was doing when she called Josh up and invited him out at last minute she had this all planned out.....and had the Guy she came with to beat josh up...ppl just needs to quit running there mouth bout Josh was this n Danny was that n go to the law....if this was Danny that got beat to death how would u feel...it really sux BC Josh didn't deserve this not at all...OK lets kill someone over an ID...I know Danny n all but if he's main source to all this then he deserves to be put away but Ashley n this other Guy finished him off....some sick individuals out there all I can say is if u can run ur mouth on here n know it all...then go run ur mouth to the police justice will soon b served so everyone who was involved if ur reading this...CONFESS....AND ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR CHILDREN....SOMETHING THAT JOSH NEVER WILL GET TO DO BC of some stupid selfish ppl
Dick Lick

Morgantown, WV

#155 May 27, 2011
They are all dirtbag, pill poppin', thieving, drains on society. That doesnt mean its ok to kill someone. Regardless if he only hit him one time. It's still murder to some degree. Trouble follows Danny around like a dark cloud over his head. Maybe this will straighten him up and he'll actually take care of his kids and not take advantage of the system and his loved ones. If not, then may they throw his a$$ i jail to rot.
you think ya kno

Fairfield, VA

#156 May 27, 2011
Justice will soon be coming to the 3 who did this to Josh...u know who u are and so do I!! It doesn't matter druggies or not JOSH DID NOT DESERVE TO BE BEAT TO DEATH...I hope u all can't sleep at night...hope ur life's a living hell BC u sure did make ours by taking Josh from us...let Josh rest in peace...and I hope u all rot in jail....just BC nothings bn done right now is BC there's a couple of arrests to b made n they keep getting more n more info they need and ill help them to do whatever...I mean come on Danny use to bully kids when we were younger...but if someone beat him to death over that...that would b wrong...no one deserves to die...so enjoy this time lil miss rashly n ur buddies that did this
1 post removed
WVUfan

Clarksburg, WV

#158 May 27, 2011
Dick Lick wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all dirtbag, pill poppin', thieving, drains on society. That doesnt mean its ok to kill someone. Regardless if he only hit him one time. It's still murder to some degree. Trouble follows Danny around like a dark cloud over his head. Maybe this will straighten him up and he'll actually take care of his kids and not take advantage of the system and his loved ones. If not, then may they throw his a$$ i jail to rot.
It's not murder if he knocked his ass out and left. That's a fight. That girl and her man are the guilty ones.
dickhead

Shinnston, WV

#159 May 27, 2011
let it go a fu---- bar fight is a bar fight hell it cld have happend to anybody. guess he shld have put the beer bottle dwn
dickhead

Shinnston, WV

#160 May 27, 2011
hey roughneck hes nt hiding since u knw so much loud mouth. y dnt u shut up and step up i dnt live very far frm him cme get ya sme
whitetrash

Shinnston, WV

#161 May 27, 2011
cant help he slipped and fell and killed his self.
cause thers no way a punch to his glass jaw killed him so quit accussing danny of killing him. shld have put the beer bottle down and it wldnt have happend
you think ya know

Fairfield, VA

#162 May 27, 2011
whitetrash wrote:
cant help he slipped and fell and killed his self.
cause thers no way a punch to his glass jaw killed him so quit accussing danny of killing him. shld have put the beer bottle down and it wldnt have happend
beer bottle didn't kill him f**kface and a barfight is different then wat happened...no one deserves to die ever Josh didn't have a glass face he had a face that shined and Danny n them now will have his face tatooted in there head for wat they did...confess it up or give ursrlf up BC shits bout to hit the fan prosacuters has bn questioning everyone n its going to trial so I can't wait to sit in that courtroom n watch them get wat they deserve there life n freedom taking from them u all will see that ur lil buddy isn't as innocent...I don't think he killed him but he knows a lot of wat happened...so quit dogging Josh BC he's no longer here to protect himself BC of some no good assholes who has no lifethat had to take hos life away over something stupid
whitetrash

Shinnston, WV

#163 May 27, 2011
i didnt say a beer bottle killed him i just said theres no way a punch to the jaw killed him loud mouth and i aint protectin anybody i also knew josh very well. its a shame what happen and i belive there smething else happend to him cause danny didnt do that to him and i hope they find out who did it. and a bar fight is a bar fight they happen all the time this cld have happend to anybody. it is a shame

Since: May 11

United States

#164 May 30, 2011
it's sad that some of you morons are saying the kid died was a druggie and not an innocent person. It doesn't matter what he was in the past he didn't deserve to die. I didn't know either one so I'm not going to pass judgement on either one. But some of you a passing judgement on this young man that was killed. Theirs some messed up $hit going on here. And another thing I have been in barfights, you don't continuesly beat on a person when they are knocked out. That's being a coward. My prayers for this young mans family.
WVUfan

Clarksburg, WV

#165 May 31, 2011
coalminer15 wrote:
it's sad that some of you morons are saying the kid died was a druggie and not an innocent person. It doesn't matter what he was in the past he didn't deserve to die. I didn't know either one so I'm not going to pass judgement on either one. But some of you a passing judgement on this young man that was killed. Theirs some messed up $hit going on here. And another thing I have been in barfights, you don't continuesly beat on a person when they are knocked out. That's being a coward. My prayers for this young mans family.
Danny didn't do that, what he did WAS a bar fight. Someone else is responsible for his death.

Since: May 11

United States

#166 May 31, 2011
dude did I even mention that kid danny. Don't think I did. Since somebody said let it go it was a barfight. as I was stating to that idiot, that I have been in barfights and you don't continuesly beat on a person that is knocked out. That's just that's some messed up $hit. At the end of the day this guy lost his life over some bullcrap. And sooner or later the people envolved will get caught. We all should keep this kid and his family in our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Backpage 9 hr Phoney name 29
Backpage 9 hr Phoney name 28
Barry the Republican 11 hr Cucked 11
New Dunkin' Donuts 11 hr Debunks King 48
Nick rundle 15 hr Pissed 9
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 16 hr inspector tiny Ta... 2,845
gaston ave Sun Idk 8

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance