Fairmont State Student Dies After Wee...

Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation

There are 536 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

Marion County Sheriff's Department has confirmed a Fairmont State University student has passed away following an altercation at a bar Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

family friend of josh

Reader, WV

#502 Feb 21, 2012
I would like to know how you guys got to read the medical exmaniers report. cause i know for a fact that none of the family has read or got any facts from the medical examiner. that is supposed to be sealed records that noone is allowed to read.
So...

Terre Haute, IN

#503 Feb 21, 2012
So you're admitting the family and friends of Josh don't have any facts? This argument's over then! Danny Sowers forever a free man! Hell Yeah!
family friend of josh

Reader, WV

#504 Feb 23, 2012
NO that is not what I am saying. You are putting words in my mouth. They have cause of death. Which is what Danny is being charged for. I was just wondering how you people who is not family got that information when it is not to be realeased until the trial is over. Josh's family and friends dont have to answer to anyone. Danny and his friends will be the only ones who will be answering questions. Josh is being treated as a suspect instead of a victim. I hope and pray that no other family or friends have to go threw the things that Joshs family and friends have to go threw and the same goes for Dannys friends. I pray for JUSTICE. And if Danny didnt not commit the crime and then he needs to stand up and say who did. If he doesnt then I hope he goes down for the murder of a very good friend, son, uncle, cousin, grandson, and nephew.
For the 1,000th time...

Jersey City, NJ

#505 Feb 23, 2012
Josh wasn't MURDERED! Please quit using that word. Danny isnt even facing a MURDER charge. Idiot.
family friend of josh

Reader, WV

#506 Feb 23, 2012
excuse me I am not an idiot. Josh was murdered. He did not die from natural causes and he was not killed in no kind of accident. He was killed because of a man and his angry desicsions. That my friend in my book is murder.
For the 1,000th time...

Jersey City, NJ

#507 Feb 23, 2012
No, idiot, it was an accident. It wasn't murder. That is why even if found guilty, Danny will not be convicted of MURDER. Look up the LEGAL definition of murder. You are an idiot!
family friend of josh

Smithfield, WV

#508 Feb 26, 2012
so you mean to tell me that Danny accidently got pissed off and accidently hit Josh causing him to later die from injuries sustain from the initial hit? so please explain this to me. cause i guess i just dont understand. look at it from the family's point of view. like i have said before it is hard on both sides but at least you all still have a son, grandson, nephew, father, cousin, and friend. you can go and carry on a conversation with him and see him on a daily basis. I got to the cemetary and grieve everyday for the loss of a very special person. josh was no angel and noone ever claimed that he was. everyone has a past and people shouldnt be judged by it. i am one to say i am not proud about things that i have done in my past but i have learned from them and moved on and became a better person out of it. I PRAY FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE FOR JOSHS FAMILY.
For the 1,000th time...

New York, NY

#509 Feb 27, 2012
So you're trying to say when Danny and Josh went outside (yes, Josh went willingly, he wasnt forced) to fight, Danny planned on killing him? You think Danny really intended on Josh dying? Or was it maybe a bar fight, like many bar fights that happen every weekend? Josh and Danny were both fighting. It was both of their faults. If Josh hadnt already had a soft spot in his skull or Josh had gotten the better shot on Danny first, maybe Danny would be dead and Josh would be a "murderer" by your definition of the word. Right? Luckily, the Marion County Prosecuting Attorney's Office knows the legal definition of "murder" and isnt charging Danny for it. It was an accident! I feel bad for Josh, but if you have a soft skull due to previous injuries, you might not wanna fight a guy stronger than you!
For the 1,000th time...

New York, NY

#510 Feb 27, 2012
family friend of josh wrote:
That my friend in my book is murder.
Unfortunately, for you anyway, the Marion County Prosecuting Attorney's Office doesnt use "your book". LoL They use a law book and by definition of the law, it wasnt MURDER!
family friend of josh

Smithfield, WV

#511 Feb 27, 2012
Josh did not have a soft spot in his skull. I dont know why people are saying that. Josh has had no head injuries. Trust me I know. So where you there when the fight broke out since you know that Josh went out willingly. Cause I do believe one of the statements that was given said that Danny was standing outside waiting for Josh to leave the bar. So how do you know all of this information?
Roughneck

Shinnston, WV

#512 Mar 13, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
Some(meaning most) of the comments on this page are disgusting,ridiculous,ignorran t. Do I need to go on?! No one should be bashing anyone on here,neither Josh nor Danny.First, Josh's death was uncalled for,a tragedy. Let him rest in peace. Second,Danny has not been convicted of anything. He was indicted some time ago,but still doesn't mean he's guilty. I know both guys and both families. Neither deserve to suffer a tragedy. Danny is in jail,but not for anything related to Josh's death(which is not considered murder). He violated his bond by leaving state for work without approval. He will do 30 days and be released on supervised probation. Trial will not start yet. Everyone on here making accusations are just familiar with Danny's name or don't care for him so you want to place the blame solely on him when in fact you don't know wtf you are talking about. He has admitted to punching him,what more do you want from him if that's the only involvement he had in it?! I'm not using the word only lightly,that is participation,but some of you want him hanged or buried for something he may or may not be guilty of. Then some of you make your sly comments/threats. How are you any different from who beat Josh to death after Danny hit him and left?! Those parties are hiding behind Danny,letting him take all of the heat thus far since he was honest and admitted his part. Whomever you are,you are hiding behind a ficticious name "roughneck" making your bs comments and threats. You are just as disgusting and cowardly as those hanging in the background not speaking up. Honestly in my opinion,the authorities should look up your account and question you on what you have dug up during your "investigation" and then take your ass to jail for your pu**y threats!!!!
Well when bury someone you care very much about at the hands of somebody else THEN you can have your opinion!! Otherwise stay in PA where you belong!!
ChickenNeck

Terre Haute, IN

#513 Mar 13, 2012
So "Roughneck" what are you going to do? Take matters into your own hands? Then you'll be just like the people you are claiming to be mad at. Your "bad-ass" attitude just further proves your ignorance.
so sad

Clarksburg, WV

#514 Mar 26, 2012
So, when is Sowers court date?
No sense in drawing this out.
He will be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and malicious wounding.
And Then

Fairmont, WV

#515 Mar 26, 2012
Danny will get out of jail and be a free man, like he should be!!!!!
Roughneck

Shinnston, WV

#516 Mar 27, 2012
loyal friend wrote:
<quoted text>
If hell were real buddy, I'm sure you'd have a VIP room. You're an ignorant uneducated "roughneck" so, go ride a 4 wheeler, go muddin or whatever else it is your kind do for entertainment!
Wrong again, college educated! Live in a 250,000 plus dollar home, now whose trash!!
Roughneck

Shinnston, WV

#517 Mar 27, 2012
Court date now in June, if he so innocent get in front of the jury and let them decide.
loyal friend

Terre Haute, IN

#518 Mar 27, 2012
It's actually who's trash, as in "who is". I don't know "whose trash", but I know who's a dumbass!
So sad

Clarksburg, WV

#519 Mar 28, 2012
Roughneck wrote:
Court date now in June, if he so innocent get in front of the jury and let them decide.
Yes I agree. How could he be found innocent when he is guilty of involuntary manslaughter?
He will do time for this, which is the right verdict.
People will see through this and won't take to kind to the fact that his bond was revoked because he left the state without permission and tested positive for drugs.
So sad

Clarksburg, WV

#520 Mar 28, 2012
And Then wrote:
Danny will get out of jail and be a free man, like he should be!!!!!
I agree, he will get out of jail, BUT after he has done some time.
He won't b found innocent, because he is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
Cpt Douche

Morgantown, WV

#521 Mar 28, 2012
Karma is a bitch. All of those years of being a bottom feeding drain on society have finally come back to bite Danno on the rear. Hopefully he'll take a few up the rear in the joint, get out and be a productive member of society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 min Missy 4,205
Stealing from the deceased (May '16) 16 hr Smh 87
Lookin for Caralyn redhead 20's Tue roberson 67
Marion county wv Mon Ace Cuntingham 11
Stoney Rd Car Wreck Mon Fairmont 3
Paris Kuroski Mon Jerome 61
Chllenefyg Butler and Brian Hollins Mon PaintMeAPicture 8

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance