Fairmont State Student Dies After Wee...

Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation

There are 534 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Fairmont State Student Dies After Weekend Altercation. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

Marion County Sheriff's Department has confirmed a Fairmont State University student has passed away following an altercation at a bar Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
HoboJo

Shinnston, WV

#1 Mar 31, 2011
So where is Danny Sowers? A lot of people know from word of mouth that he did it. There have been rumors that others were involved, but it was Danny Sowers who threw the fatal blow.
Someone has needed to get that piece of trash off the street for years.
Dmn Straight

Saint Marys, WV

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Wonder what was so important they needed to fight over anyway? A bar wh*re?

Fighting is stupid in my opinion, for any reason. And this poor kid lost his life!
HoboJo

Shinnston, WV

#3 Mar 31, 2011
Dmn Straight wrote:
Wonder what was so important they needed to fight over anyway? A bar wh*re?
Fighting is stupid in my opinion, for any reason. And this poor kid lost his life!
According to the town gossip, the dead boy's ex-girlfriend paid Sowers to beat the boy up. There have also been rumors that others were involved in the beating.

I don't know any of the details concerning things like that, all I know is that it has seemed evident that Sowers was the one who threw the lethal blow, and even people who are friends of Sowers are talking about this.

I'm more disappointed in this area because this has happened Wednesday and noone has been brought in or questioned. Maybe its because the boy was in a coma, but I would think that people should've been questioned and the suspects/s rounded up by now.

With it already in the newspaper, and this much time having passed since the altercation, they've basically given him a heads-up "Hey, we're looking for you".
Beavis

Alexandria, VA

#4 Mar 31, 2011
I'm still waiting to hear the details of the FSU student who died in the dorm room at the beginning of this school year.
Dmn Straight

Saint Marys, WV

#5 Mar 31, 2011
HoboJo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the town gossip, the dead boy's ex-girlfriend paid Sowers to beat the boy up. There have also been rumors that others were involved in the beating.
I don't know any of the details concerning things like that, all I know is that it has seemed evident that Sowers was the one who threw the lethal blow, and even people who are friends of Sowers are talking about this.
I'm more disappointed in this area because this has happened Wednesday and noone has been brought in or questioned. Maybe its because the boy was in a coma, but I would think that people should've been questioned and the suspects/s rounded up by now.
With it already in the newspaper, and this much time having passed since the altercation, they've basically given him a heads-up "Hey, we're looking for you".
I agree. If he was in a coma, thats assault, or malicious wounding. They would still need to be charged, and get the ball rolling instead of doing nothing.

What a shame. It's very sad to read something like this. It could be my own child. But, the person(s) responsible will have to live with this for the rest of their lives, and one day they may have children and worry about the same thing happening to them. Then maybe they will feel guilty.
shocked

Mount Airy, NC

#6 Apr 1, 2011
Do any of you know all the details? Are you God? Don't judge either of those two involved. One lost their life, the other has to live with that the rest of his life. It was an ACCIDENT. Josh wasn't an innocent bystander who was singled out to get beat up....and Danny certainly didn't mean for him to die. This is a terrible thing and a lesson to others that violence isn't the answer, but it isn't our place to judge, God knows what happened and He is the one both of them will have to answer to.
Dick Lick

Morgantown, WV

#7 Apr 1, 2011
Lol...an accident...Yeah I accidentally beat someone to death...give me an effin break...
1 post removed
HoboJo

Shinnston, WV

#9 Apr 1, 2011
shocked wrote:
Do any of you know all the details? Are you God? Don't judge either of those two involved. One lost their life, the other has to live with that the rest of his life. It was an ACCIDENT. Josh wasn't an innocent bystander who was singled out to get beat up....and Danny certainly didn't mean for him to die. This is a terrible thing and a lesson to others that violence isn't the answer, but it isn't our place to judge, God knows what happened and He is the one both of them will have to answer to.
I would say you either are a relative of Danny, or you do not know the details either. On the other hand, I do know the family. Josh had a clot the size of a fist pulled from his brain, and was brain dead in the parking lot, according to the EMS.

Danny may not have meant for him to die, but I have known Danny since I was a kid, and he has always been a violent, anti-social piece of trash. Witnesses have said Danny hit him over the head with a full beer bottle.

This isn't the movies, and unless Danny is as stupid as he's always appeared in life, he meant to inflict serious harm.

Whether Danny intended for Josh to die is a moot point. What is relevant is that he intended to inflict bodily injury, which resulted in death, and he should be punished accordingly.

And this is an unpopular POV in the area, but I'm quite anti-religion. So indeed, God may judge Danny in the afterlife, but I'm all for his peers judging him now.
brinny

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Apr 1, 2011
HoboJo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say you either are a relative of Danny, or you do not know the details either. On the other hand, I do know the family. Josh had a clot the size of a fist pulled from his brain, and was brain dead in the parking lot, according to the EMS.
Danny may not have meant for him to die, but I have known Danny since I was a kid, and he has always been a violent, anti-social piece of trash. Witnesses have said Danny hit him over the head with a full beer bottle.
This isn't the movies, and unless Danny is as stupid as he's always appeared in life, he meant to inflict serious harm.
Whether Danny intended for Josh to die is a moot point. What is relevant is that he intended to inflict bodily injury, which resulted in death, and he should be punished accordingly.
And this is an unpopular POV in the area, but I'm quite anti-religion. So indeed, God may judge Danny in the afterlife, but I'm all for his peers judging him now.
WELL SAID!!!!
shocked

Mount Airy, NC

#11 Apr 1, 2011
brinny wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID!!!!
No, I don't know either of these two guys. I know someone who knew both of them and was told Josh had the beer bottle to start with. Also heard Josh had been in an accident previously and that was possibly why this was a fatal accident. I don't care who started the fight or what type personalities each of them had, I just don't think it's right to judge. They shouldn't have been fighting, that was tragic. I hate it for both of their families. No one should be mouthing off about it. Unless you were there the entire time and knew exactly all the things that lead up to the fight, then you don't know the entire reason behind it.
My prayers are with both families.
Melvin van Hopp dee Doop

Alexandria, VA

#12 Apr 1, 2011
I think that in the United States of America we are tried by jury and we are innocent until proven guilty.

Let's let the wheels of justice turn.
that rediculous

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 2, 2011
Melvin van Hopp dee Doop wrote:
I think that in the United States of America we are tried by jury and we are innocent until proven guilty.
Let's let the wheels of justice turn.
OJ was found to be innocent. I've know both of them for a very long time and have been friends with Danny for years. Not great friends but friends nonetheless. I do believe that he didn't mean for Josh to die but the reality of the situation is that it happened. I just hope he doesn't do anything to make it worse on himself. He wasn't the only one involved so he shouldn't take all of the heat by himself.
Bean

Fairmont, WV

#14 Apr 2, 2011
I hope they all go to jail for the rest of their lives. They took the kids life they should pay for it by losing their freedom.
mother

Shinnston, WV

#15 Apr 2, 2011
Danny needs to go in the ground beside of Josh!!!!!
Beavis

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2011
Sing along, if you know the tune:

Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling,
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer's gone and all the roses falling
'Tis you,'tis you must go and I must bide...
concerned

United States

#17 Apr 4, 2011
Electric chair??????? Nag be too good for him let him be bubbas girlfriend the rest of his life.
WTF

United States

#18 Apr 4, 2011
Someone had to be there when this all took place. Don't hold it in tell the truth for you will have to answer to a higher one as well. I don't understand why no one has been arrested!
shocked

Mount Airy, NC

#19 Apr 5, 2011
that rediculous wrote:
<quoted text> OJ was found to be innocent. I've know both of them for a very long time and have been friends with Danny for years. Not great friends but friends nonetheless. I do believe that he didn't mean for Josh to die but the reality of the situation is that it happened. I just hope he doesn't do anything to make it worse on himself. He wasn't the only one involved so he shouldn't take all of the heat by himself.
AMEN to this person. Finally someone here with a brain! Yes, he will have to face the consequences and he shouldn't have to face them alone, he wasn't the only one involved. These people want to put him in the ground and they don't know what they're talking about! They need to learn that they don't have the whole story and not judge so harshly when they don't know it. Thank goodness they don't live where I do. I've never been in trouble with the law but I'd hate to know they'd be on the jury if I ever did have trouble.
WVUfan

Fairmont, WV

#20 Apr 5, 2011
shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN to this person. Finally someone here with a brain! Yes, he will have to face the consequences and he shouldn't have to face them alone, he wasn't the only one involved. These people want to put him in the ground and they don't know what they're talking about! They need to learn that they don't have the whole story and not judge so harshly when they don't know it. Thank goodness they don't live where I do. I've never been in trouble with the law but I'd hate to know they'd be on the jury if I ever did have trouble.
I agree. While I never knew Josh, I do know Danny. Danny may have his problems, but he never meant to actually kill anyone. Bar fights break out all of the time, and no one expects anyone to actually die. Nobody here knows the whole story. Danny will have to face what has been done, and I agree, the rest of the guilty parties need to fess up and face it too. For those of you saying he should be put in the ground as well, how does that make you any better? My prayers go out to both families.
jda

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Apr 5, 2011
Danny has always been a liar cheat thief druggie! He gets what he deserves. It all catches up to you in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know about Johnna harker and her bf Dust... 39 min Needtoneed 5
The Wendys Employee Of The Month 5 hr Jeff Snedagar 9
David Floyd 11 hr Mommas boy 3
Big Contoversy At Fairmont PD 20 hr WalkyTalky 9
Sexual predators or Fairmont? 23 hr Susan summer 1
Motorcycle Gangs Tue Ronald Benton Ray... 22
cowards Mon Ronald Benton Ray... 19
More from around the web

Fairmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE