Walmart Thanksgiving Walkout Turns into Job Fair

Posted in the Fairmont Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FAIRMONT - An odd thing happened at the Black Friday Walmart walkout. As workers picketed outside the store, panicked managers hit upon a novel idea. They offered shoppers discount incentives if they would also replace those who walked off the job.

more...
http://thediggerer.com/component/k2/item/243-...
itzatwist

Mcminnville, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Excellent idea!!!
A lot of the strikers are actually "occupy wallstreet" lemmings who have nothing better to do anyhow. i would lov to get a job at Walmart & have applied numerous times. Their work practices, including the rising health-care costs, are being done everywhere. My husbands company just increased his to 3 times higher (Thank obamacare for THAT one)! His company also hires at minimum wage as do many in the same business (restaurants, fast food, etc). So $12.00/hour would be SEVERAL raises for these employee's. i really hope the Walmart employees realize how good they have it b4 they choose to throw it away. Jobs are tough to find, pay is low & health benefits are disappearing at an alarming rate.

“Time wounds all heels.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 23, 2012
 
Note that thediggerer.com is a satirical news site. That means the story didn't actually happen as stated. The photo with the story is Photoshopped. Here is a report about an actual Wal-Mart protest.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/23/1164...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 23, 2012
 
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
Note that thediggerer.com is a satirical news site. That means the story didn't actually happen as stated. The photo with the story is Photoshopped. Here is a report about an actual Wal-Mart protest.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/23/1164...
So what ... still ridiculous!!!
1 post removed
Duh

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah who cares if it is true or not!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 24, 2012
 
Ha!
walkout appears to be a bust & unions are forced to realize that they are NOT able to get away with their bully, thug tactics.
Nobody "deserves" anything, we all have to earn our rights. i am so tired of the whole 'entitlement' mentality. When did that happen. This selfish mindset totally robs the folks who are truly in need of our help. i am very involved in charity work, so i see people everyday who have truly fallen into horrible conditions ... what about them!!!
Priorities & perceptions have begun to change America into a terribly selfish society & the people who suffer the most are those who really need our help.
God help us all ...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow. You folks are idiotic assholes. First, Wal-Mart employees make 30% less on average than other retail workers doing the same jobs. Economists still worry that it has started a trend of retail jobs paying much less than the companies can actually afford due the standard that Wal-Mart has set. We won't even begin to get into how terribly employees are treated at Wal-Marts not to mention the fact that a majority of their anti-union practices and intimidation techniques are HIGHLY illegal. Let's not also not forget that Wal-Mart is the largest most wealthy retailer in America but still covers fewer employees with health insurance than any other retailer in the country. In regards to the individual who stated that Obamacare is the cause for her husband's insurance rates going up -- that is an absolute load of horseshit. First of all, almost 100% of economists agree that the fact America's wages have been stagnant for over 20 years is the fact that America is the ONLY industrialized nation stupid enough to link insurance to business. As costs skyrocket (due to those who lack insurance and most of all the fact that we do nothing to set costs the way countries like Japan have done) businesses must forgo cost of living raises in order to keep up with insurance costs. This is why the standard of living in other industrialized countries with a one-payer government system is so much higher than America (Canadian households on average make 40,000 more per year than American households -- and that even takes into account the value of our dollar vs. theirs). This is why Democrats like Clinton fight like hell for a one payer system, as it would keep costs down by insuring everyone and get rid of the middleman. A one-payer system would also drive wages up due to less cost for business, and also do moral things like insure 100% of the country, cut bankruptcies due to medical bills down to zero from the more than 2 million that are currently caused by an out-of-control "system." Democrats couldn't get this idea passed due to the excessive American paranoia regarding government and adopted the Obamacare plan which was created by the Republican conservative think tank The Heratige Foundation about 17 years ago. And now every conservative is bitching about it even though there is nothing remotely "socialistic" about it and was their idea in the first place (but I hate to use the word "socialism" since it is a completely meaningless term). Obamacare is projected to save literally billions over the long term which makes sense because it will allow millions to get preventive care and will therefore prevent such individuals from getting highly expensive serious illness the cost of which hospitals must eat up. Folks seriously, learn something -- develop some critical thinking skills, and most importantly -- have a Goddamn heart and know who the real enemies out there are. Giving Wal-Mart workers shit? You people have no souls.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bix_B wrote:
Wow. You folks are idiotic assholes. First, Wal-Mart employees make 30% less on average than other retail workers doing the same jobs. Economists still worry that it has started a trend of retail jobs paying much less than the companies can actually afford due the standard that Wal-Mart has set. We won't even begin to get into how terribly employees are treated at Wal-Marts not to mention the fact that a majority of their anti-union practices and intimidation techniques are HIGHLY illegal. Let's not also not forget that Wal-Mart is the largest most wealthy retailer in America but still covers fewer employees with health insurance than any other retailer in the country. In regards to the individual who stated that Obamacare is the cause for her husband's insurance rates going up -- that is an absolute load of horseshit. First of all, almost 100% of economists agree that the fact America's wages have been stagnant for over 20 years is the fact that America is the ONLY industrialized nation stupid enough to link insurance to business. As costs skyrocket (due to those who lack insurance and most of all the fact that we do nothing to set costs the way countries like Japan have done) businesses must forgo cost of living raises in order to keep up with insurance costs. This is why the standard of living in other industrialized countries with a one-payer government system is so much higher than America (Canadian households on average make 40,000 more per year than American households -- and that even takes into account the value of our dollar vs. theirs). This is why Democrats like Clinton fight like hell for a one payer system, as it would keep costs down by insuring everyone and get rid of the middleman. A one-payer system would also drive wages up due to less cost for business, and also do moral things like insure 100% of the country, cut bankruptcies due to medical bills down to zero from the more than 2 million that are currently caused by an out-of-control "system." Democrats couldn't get this idea passed due to the excessive American paranoia regarding government and adopted the Obamacare plan which was created by the Republican conservative think tank The Heratige Foundation about 17 years ago. And now every conservative is bitching about it even though there is nothing remotely "socialistic" about it and was their idea in the first place (but I hate to use the word "socialism" since it is a completely meaningless term). Obamacare is projected to save literally billions over the long term which makes sense because it will allow millions to get preventive care and will therefore prevent such individuals from getting highly expensive serious illness the cost of which hospitals must eat up. Folks seriously, learn something -- develop some critical thinking skills, and most importantly -- have a Goddamn heart and know who the real enemies out there are. Giving Wal-Mart workers shit? You people have no souls.
Did you know that 90% of Wal-Mart workers do not have the reading skills to comprehend your tedious post?
Former Walmart Employee

Saint Marys, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

compcarp wrote:
FAIRMONT - An odd thing happened at the Black Friday Walmart walkout. As workers picketed outside the store, panicked managers hit upon a novel idea. They offered shoppers discount incentives if they would also replace those who walked off the job.
more...
http://thediggerer.com/component/k2/item/243-...
I worked at Walmart for 7 months, and it is the worst job I have ever had. I support the people there who are taking a stand, and although I still shop there, I would never, ever cross a picket line, or sell anybody out for a lousy discount.

Since: May 12

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Whenever someone equates the 'moral' thing to do - with mandating people who have no jobs to pay for their own insurance, I get nervous.
Obamacare is not about Health Care for people. People are being treated today. It's about Insurance companies getting the monopoly they've wanted for years - under the auspice of a Gov't run healthcare program.
The Government... you know... that faceless entity that can't even deliver mail efficiently anymore or stay solvent. You know, the same Gov't you hate for all their wars?
Do you REALLY trust Gov't and Insurance companies to be fighting for your best interest? I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. Rod Serling, save us all!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Anytime I see or hear anything written that is anti-government, I automatically know the person has no idea what he or she is talking about. It's not the size of government that matters, it's who the government works for. Government is and always will be a necessity to any true civilization as a large government with sufficient revenue is needed for infrastructure, health services, education, safety, etc. Government is the only thing that stands between citizens and unsafe food (FDA), price-gouged necessities (FTC), and dire poverty for almost one third of the population (SSA). The majority of other industrialized nations provide social security, comprehensive healthcare, postal services, and minimum wages that keep up with cost of living, etc., so why is it that we cannot do this in America? It all boils down to irrational paranoia about government. Personally, I HATE the idea of health insurance companies continuing to exist under Obamacare, BUT WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE IF AMERICANS ARE TOO PARANOID FOR A ONE-PAYER SYSTEM? Obama couldn't even get a much needed public option passed to help phase out price-gouging insurance companies. So we end up stuck in a country with almost 50,000 Americans dying from ailments they couldn't afford to get checked out while they were still treatable, a country where even the CBO finds that minimum wage should be $13.00 an hour in order to even begin to address the cost of living, a country where the tax rate for the wealthy which started at 90% in the 50's has now been reduced to the point that the majority of those making over $250,000 don't have to pay taxes if they have a good accountant. Things are terrible because unlike Japan, New Zealand, Australia, the U.K. Germany, Canada, etc., we have not made our government do enough. Instead we now live in an America that has two extremist parties: the right wing Democrats and and the further right wing Tea Party Republicans. Hopefully this last election is a sign that the younger generation is paying attention to the fat that other people their age are doing MUCH better than they are in other countries and are coming to an understanding that there is no place for American conservatism in a viable country.

Since: May 12

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.

Nevertheless...

I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.

This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.

Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.

$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.

You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.

Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

compcarp wrote:
Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.
Nevertheless...
I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.
This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.
Well written!!!
Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.
$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.
You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.
Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.
Point taken & very well written!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

compcarp wrote:
Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.
Nevertheless...
I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.
This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.
Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.
$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.
You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.
Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.
Point 1:

"the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states."

First of all, Jefferson and the rest of the Founding Fathers intended the Constitution and to be completely redone and/or amended every 15 years to address the changes necessary to keep the document relevant due to evolving economic and societal developments. It was never meant to be a "be-all end-all" written in stone document. Regardless, your viewpoint that everything else not spelled out in the document is considered extremist in nature and has been the subject of much denunciation by scholars as it is a belief only held by crackpot teapartiers. If you were a student of history, you would know that your belief in states rights is laughable and destructive. You know who else believes in state's rights? All of the dirt poor red states down south that drain money from the north and west coast because they feel they should be able to turn down things like Obamacare despite states such as Texas have 30% of the working population going without healthcare. Leaving things up tot the state leaves a patchwork mess of poor red states and wealthy blue states paying their bills. Look at the Civil War, the southern states couldn't agree on anything including what their currency would be (not that it would be worth anything since the poor didn't have any resources in the first place). Today we are facing an issue with idiot Republican governors stating they will not implement Obamacare and then turning around and saying they might because not only are their uninsured populations costing them severely, the hospitals themselves have told Governors like Scott that they will leave the state in unison if they don't implement it because they can't handle the costs anymore. Sure, there are somethings that work on the state level but when it comes to the big policies we cannot rely on the states to do what is sensible. A strong central government is necessary for any country to keep and promote civilization. Otherwise, you are a third world nation of poor economically uneven patchwork democracies.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

compcarp wrote:
Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.
Nevertheless...
I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.
This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.
Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.
$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.
You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.
Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.
Point 2:

"This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries."

Again, many other industrialized nations are doing MUCH BETTER than we are in terms of standards of living, access to healthcare, education, etc. The reason for this is because they know the difference between capitalism and unfettered capitalism. Canada refused to follow America in deregulating their banks and that, along with their one-payer healthcare system (which Palin loved to use illegally when she was young), have resulted in small businesses and individuals being wealthier than your average American. I am curious as to when you think things were going well for America? Was it in the 50s when we had our most sustained period of economic growth and tax rates for the rich were 90% rather than the almost zero percent they are now? Or perhaps it was the 80s when Reagan passed tax increases for the middle class and the tax rate for the wealthy was lowered to 51%. You see, you are basing all of your beliefs on a very flawed interpretation of the constitution. General welfare MEANS livable wages, healthcare, infrastructure, etc. If it did not, then again, America would be a third world country. Also you are failing to realize that regardless of when you think America was at its best, healthcare wasn't astronomical, the tax rates for the wealthy were MUCH higher, and we had social security and Medicaid (those two very important things conservatives want to do away with) to improve our economy by keeping two-thirds of the elderly from being in dire poverty. Again, I don't understand these nebulous ideas your throwing out. Could you be more specific?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

compcarp wrote:
Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.
Nevertheless...
I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.
This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.

Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.
$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.
You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.
Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.
Point 3:

"$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill."

There is a bi-partisan Congressional committee called the Congressional Budget Office. They do things like research what policies help and hurt America over time. Among the most recent findings were 1. Tax cuts for the wealthy have never helped the American economy EVER. Mostly due to the fact that supply side economics are bullcrap and that 89% of the so-called "wealthy job creators" are rich individuals that don't eve have a business. 2. They also found that America, which once believed that all working people deserved a livable wage, now requires a minimum wage of $13.00 an hour for individuals to take care of basic necessities. They also found that every single time the minimum wage was increased the economy benefited greatly (since most people aren't rich and work crap jobs, they were then able to pump more money into the economy). I didn't say that the minimum wage should be increased to $13.00 tomorrow because we can't do that because we have made businesses responsible for healthcare and thus we get to the third finding. 3. The CBO found that the majority of economists are correct -- America is a low wage nation because we have made businesses responsible for providing healthcare rather than have a one-payer government system like every other industrialized nation that is in better shape than we are (Gosh, I wonder why ALL the other industrialized nations have decided to NOT follow America into profit-based business supported healthcare? They must be stupid...right...because AMERICA IS ALWAYS RIGHT!) Also, keep in mind that if you leave the healthcare decisions to the states -- it does nothing to address this terrible wage issue that is the result of a lack of a government one-payer system.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

compcarp wrote:
Anytime someone misses what I DID say to rant about the straw-man argument they set up, I realize the debate is over. They've lost the argument and going off on their own little tangent.
Nevertheless...
I am not 'anti-government'. However, I can acknowledge things that the Gov't was designed to do (military and promote general welfare) and things they are not supposed to do (ie. everything else NOT spelled out in the founding documents) powers that belong to the states.
This is not other countries and until those in power have drifted from the constitution, things went well - and better than those other countries.
Those other nations you named are not utopias and it wasn't long before, looked to US for direction.
$13 a hour isn't much. Why not $15,$20,$25? Why not? Because at some point, a business can't DO business when the Gov't artificially forces costs - and you'll put them out of business. But...$13 is your magic number where it'll be okay? Please... you've proven you're a liberal/union shill.
You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part.
Let's just allow Obama to become dictator and eliminate the Congress all together. I can't imagine you'd have much of a problem with that.
Point 4:

"You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part."

Finally, let's use your last quote to address why America has every single problem it currently faces. I stated that America's political leadership is comprised of right wing Democrats and further right wing Republicans because America leans right SEVERELY. We do not have but one or two liberal representatives nationwide: Bernie Saunders and Elizabeth Warren are it. When polled, the majority of Americans have negative feelings towards the word "liberal" and positive feelings for the word "conservative." This is not surprising since half the nation is comprised of religious church going nutballs who are paranoid about everything and usually vote against their best interests as a result. Again, Obama and Congress passed a healthcare bill CREATED BY CONSERVATIVES THAT DO NOT WANT A ONE-PAYER SYSTEM. Obama doesn't want to raise the tax rates on the wealthy like he should, he only wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire and he's willing to give in on Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security (which isn't even part of the national debt) to do it. We are a nation of rightwing Fox "News" idiots. I wish more than anything there was a balance of power between liberals and conservatives, but there is not -- it is a nation of conservatives and those who are to the right of those conservatives. Things in this country will never get better until the nation moves drastically to the left. Anyway, I've said my piece.

Since: May 12

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 25, 2012
 
"Regardless, your viewpoint that everything else not spelled out in the document is considered extremist in nature and has been the subject of much denunciation by scholars as it is a belief only held by crackpot teapartiers."

There really is no point in going forward with any semblance of intellectual debate. You just summarized your entire viewpoint right there.

Basically, you just said 'all the smart people in the world (of whom I am one of) agree that the Constitution was written by crackpots, and you're one too."

Thank you. I can sleep tonight. Now, please go to the America-hating country of your choice. They weren't founded on the 'extremist document' you so loath, so be careful what you say there.
concerned

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Why did this turn into an argument about government?

I have to side with the Wal Mart employees. Wal mart does mistreat and underpays employees as do several other businesses. Can you pay bills and support a family on $13 and hr? Rent is over $500 a month for a decent house. Then you have utilities, car insurance and food.
Can you find cheaper housing? yes, but why should we as americans live like cockroaches to work for retailers like Wal mart, who make billions each year and pay the top big wigs millions to do nothing? Live off welfare, while they live in mansions?
You will say both parents can work, yes they can. BUT who will take care of the children? Childcare? Another cost and yet nobody to teach them morals and skills. While the executives have private schools.

I ask you this....

Since when are they any better than us?
WHEN ARE THEIR KIDS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OURS?

The choice is yours, live with it and eat dirt. Or demand a better life for yourself.

I myself refuse to live like a rat living off their table scraps!
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Bix_B wrote:
<quoted text>
Point 4:
"You can name names like "Right Wing" Tea Party Republicans and "Right Wing" Democrats. Apparently, there is NO SUCH THING as a LIBERAL OR LEFT WING. Very telling on your part."
Finally, let's use your last quote to address why America has every single problem it currently faces. I stated that America's political leadership is comprised of right wing Democrats and further right wing Republicans because America leans right SEVERELY. We do not have but one or two liberal representatives nationwide: Bernie Saunders and Elizabeth Warren are it. When polled, the majority of Americans have negative feelings towards the word "liberal" and positive feelings for the word "conservative." This is not surprising since half the nation is comprised of religious church going nutballs who are paranoid about everything and usually vote against their best interests as a result. Again, Obama and Congress passed a healthcare bill CREATED BY CONSERVATIVES THAT DO NOT WANT A ONE-PAYER SYSTEM. Obama doesn't want to raise the tax rates on the wealthy like he should, he only wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire and he's willing to give in on Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security (which isn't even part of the national debt) to do it. We are a nation of rightwing Fox "News" idiots. I wish more than anything there was a balance of power between liberals and conservatives, but there is not -- it is a nation of conservatives and those who are to the right of those conservatives. Things in this country will never get better until the nation moves drastically to the left. Anyway, I've said my piece.
Point 5:

STFU

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Fairmont Forum right now

Search the Fairmont Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 35 min bacon hater 52,138
heavenly hoagie 2 hr being honest 50
Yum Yum Hoagies 7 hr Mishelle 50
Is Sheetz coming to town? (Sep '12) 8 hr Gladys Kravitz 13
east side mcdonalds? 11 hr casual observer 10
clip and care groomers 11 hr casual observer 5
Elementary schools Sat Josie 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fairmont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fairmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fairmont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairmont
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••