The Reason no new Business will ever come to Fairmont

Posted in the Fairmont Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Missing Starbucks

Fairmont, WV

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Fairmont did build a nice new road to the city of entitlements, you can now get to all your entitlements much quicker. The only thing that survives in Fairmont are places that give out free checks or services!!!
And

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Copy and paste much? You're a lost soul! If you don't like it I suggest the connector to get on I-79 and go SOUTH! Peaople act like they can't leave, LMAO if you don't like it here, try to fix it or leave! Why stay somewhere if you are unhappy with it! Nothing is actually anchoring ANYONE to Fairmont!
pete

Shippingport, PA

#3 Feb 8, 2013
THe town has really gone down hill. So they are going to tear dow nthe church on the corner of 3rd street and Fairmont Ave--For a CVS Pharmacy--Really ? How many does the town have now--3? With a Rite AID just up the block from there? Not much sense
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#4 Feb 8, 2013
pete wrote:
THe town has really gone down hill. So they are going to tear dow nthe church on the corner of 3rd street and Fairmont Ave--For a CVS Pharmacy--Really ? How many does the town have now--3? With a Rite AID just up the block from there? Not much sense
I agree, we need a Walgreens!
And

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
pete wrote:
Actually do more homework, Sheets owns that property. I would say it will be a Sheets! And more power to them, we have to many churches!

As for CVS we have 2 ;)
wh

Fairmont, WV

#6 Feb 8, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>Actually do more homework, Sheets owns that property. I would say it will be a Sheets! And more power to them, we have to many churches!

As for CVS we have 2 ;)
Can never have TOO many churches. Can never have TOO many schools either!!!!!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#7 Feb 10, 2013
is "and" an underpaid scummy cop OR a WAAY overpaid public servant whom ONLY can see his/her personal benefit? wht do YOU ALL think? and btw if Fairmont destroys a beautiful church thats been here over a century... then they deserve 2rot!! LOVE SHEETS, wish we had two!>> but not at that expense.. losing a LANDMARK CHURCH>>> Fairmont can fu#& off and so can marion county!!! see YA and i WILL be giving my tax dollars to SOMEWHERE else! but who cares, right? AND YES!!!!!! Im one of the VERY FEW in MY profession that ACTUALLY claims it!!! AND pays taxes! EVERY YEAR!!!

Since: Aug 12

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually do more homework, Sheets owns that property. I would say it will be a Sheets! And more power to them, we have to many churches!
As for CVS we have 2 ;)
too many churches? Thats just wrong! and as for CVS there are 3!!!
And

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Yes too many churches! Why do we need 20 churches per denomination? However I am not religious and would rather see something worthwild being built than a place that does the same thing in 40 if not more different buildings in such a small town! A cop? I wish, I could actually do some good, unlike the deadbeat cops in this town. Who let people get away with everything including murder, well other than smoking pot so worthless!
And

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2013
And no Fairmont has 2 CVS Pharmacy's if Bellview was Fairmont, it wouldn't be called Bellview!
Hmmmm

United States

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Bellview is in fact considered Fairmont, as is Monongah, Kingmont, Pleasant Valley, Whitehall ect.....
Hmmmm

United States

#12 Feb 11, 2013
And just the same as Star City, Westover, ect are considered Morgantown. Need I go on?
pete

Shippingport, PA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
It will not be a sheets. I work for the company taking down the church.

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Thank you Hmmmm for explaining to 'and' how this big world works! I have to agree with him/her the cops are worthless. Wish they would do some real work and stop the out of control pill/heroin problems that actually do ruin lives. RIP Mindy McCready and prayers for your sons.
really

Fairmont, WV

#15 Feb 19, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
Bellview is in fact considered Fairmont, as is Monongah, Kingmont, Pleasant Valley, Whitehall ect.....
OK Bellview is Fairmont because it's in the city limits but the others are not any part of Fairmont the only thing some share is the same zip code
who cares

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2013
FMT SUCKS THEIR ROADS ARE HORRIBLE, EMPLOYMENT NON EXISTS (BECAUSE WELFARE PAYS MORE) AND DRUGS IS THE WAY OF LIFE.

United States

#17 Feb 20, 2013
There is a new business in fairmont ... a subutex clinic! and yes welfare does pay more here because people on welfare can easily obtain regular monthly prescriptions for pain pills and benzos. some use them for what they are intended for, Most abuse them to get high and/or sell them. too bad we can't count on our local drug task force to fix the problem because many of their informants are the people doing it. maybe we need to start a new thread on that topic
SMH_at_hypocrite s

Fairmont, WV

#18 Feb 24, 2013
The argument above about tearing down an old church and historical blather becomes hypocritical when you consider that very same church purchased the Temple Beth El building below it--then tore down the former synagogue for a parking lot.
No Way Forward

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Taxes - Taxes - Taxes - Taxes - Taxes - Taxes - Tax

Warehousing the disabled, homeless & Needy downtown

City spending a majority of it's budget on Police & Fire unions.

Political top down mentality.
They know what's good for us(them)
FYI

Shinnston, WV

#20 Mar 12, 2013
Too many taxes and people have to pay to park, in fact if you work in Fairmont a parking fee is taken out of your check.

As far as the comment that there is new suboxone clinic in Fairmont.....that clinic is in Whitehall and they do not accept welfare to pay for it. It is a cash basis only clinic.

Fairmont is dirty for example Workforce WV is in the Veterns Square building and that office is flithy dirty. There is no reason for this in a new office complex.

People who receive welfare benefits are never followed up on to see how they are living such as who all lives in the house with them. I know several families that lie every month to get benefits and nothing has been done even after reporting them. Like a woman who lives with BF, has 3 kids but 2 of them live with their GF but yet she claims she pays rent to her BF and claims those kids as living with her. The child support office does nothing to go after dead beat dads or moms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does monongah elementary need new principal? (Oct '12) 1 hr Soso 23
matt coniglio 6 hr Texas girl 1
A James Manchin Thu Poker 9
lion in the sun tanning (Apr '13) Apr 15 please kill me 52
heavenly hoagie (May '14) Apr 14 Uncle OGrimacey 66
thrill Apr 14 -beavis- 3
Barrackville Police Where are You (Aug '14) Apr 14 Law lover 12
More from around the web

Fairmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE