First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ghosties

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2012
My friends and I are looking for some haunted places around Fairmont. We are not looking for urban legends (I.e. vinegar hill or the boy on the bike story), we are looking for places that may actually have entities or paranormal activity.

We are also looking for info on the old school on 4th St. One thing we heard was that a woman hanged herself in the bell tower, but can't find any legit sources.

Any info is appreciated.
City Guy

Fairmont, WV

#2 Feb 9, 2012
The area of Hawthorne Street and Oliver Avenue is very haunted.
Ghosties

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2012
Any specific houses or areas?
City Guy

Fairmont, WV

#4 Feb 11, 2012
The entire area is infested with spooks. It's so haunted, even the police wont go in there. You are liable to run into one if you go at night and are wearing nice clothes and jewelery. That's what makes them come out.
1 post removed
Ghosties

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2012
Good lord can't anybody be slightly serious. I understand it's the internet, but really it's just annoying. At least I'm looking for places to go and explore, rather than wasting time making played out racist "jokes". Truly some stupid sh*t
1 post removed
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#8 Feb 12, 2012
In order for there to be spirits or ghosts, people have to have souls. You might want to look somewhere other than Fairmont.
Ghosties

United States

#9 Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for returning this post to a serious matter... some friends and I are starting a ghost hunting/alien watching group and would love to find some close locations due to the fact we all work a lot. We have a hard time believing some of the more popular stories due to the fact that there is a lot of urban legend to them rather that personal experience.
Also still looking for info on the old school on 4th next to the bridge.
Joe

Grafton, WV

#10 Feb 12, 2012
Oh my!!! That is funny! to use the words serious and ghost hunting/alien watching in the same post. That is freaking hilarious!!!!!!
Joe

Grafton, WV

#11 Feb 12, 2012
Oh yeah, by the way........ BOO!!!!!!!!
Ghosts

Fairmont, WV

#12 Feb 12, 2012
I am curious about the school on 4th street too. Please post if you find any info out about it. I always had this creepy feeling about it.

Fairmont, WV

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Joe wrote:
Oh yeah, by the way........ BOO!!!!!!!!
You scared the crap out of me!
love it

Clarksburg, WV

#14 Feb 12, 2012
Ghosties wrote:
Thanks for returning this post to a serious matter... some friends and I are starting a ghost hunting/alien watching group and would love to find some close locations due to the fact we all work a lot. We have a hard time believing some of the more popular stories due to the fact that there is a lot of urban legend to them rather that personal experience.
Also still looking for info on the old school on 4th next to the bridge.
so why dont we start there then? whether anything happens or not, at least its somewhere to check out for shits and giggles. i myself work a lot as well, but would love to go along with you guys sometime. does this group have dues or anything like that?
1 post removed

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 14, 2012
Dog ghosts follow the mystery machine
Shad O-Ryder

United States

#17 Feb 14, 2012
Roh. Roh. Shaggy. I think I saw a ghost. Jinkies! I bet it was old man Smithers!!!
Paranormal Investigator

United States

#18 Feb 15, 2012
I was going through archives of old cemetery listings and found an ancient cemetery behind the old Country Club Tennis courts..I've heard accounts of ghost sightings from passing cars and hoping one day to be lucky enough to witness one of the wondering souls myself.
Ghosties

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2012
love it wrote:
<quoted text>
so why dont we start there then? whether anything happens or not, at least its somewhere to check out for shits and giggles. i myself work a lot as well, but would love to go along with you guys sometime. does this group have dues or anything like that?
::ignoring jokes that people thought were original::
I've been in the school but I'd still like to have some some history on it...
And no there's no dues unless you want a tshirt...
You can shoot me an email at [email protected]
Old Man Smithers

Fairmont, WV

#20 Feb 15, 2012
Shad O-Ryder wrote:
Roh. Roh. Shaggy. I think I saw a ghost. Jinkies! I bet it was old man Smithers!!!
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
mandy

Maryland Heights, MO

#21 Feb 16, 2012
Paranormal Investigator wrote:
I was going through archives of old cemetery listings and found an ancient cemetery behind the old Country Club Tennis courts..I've heard accounts of ghost sightings from passing cars and hoping one day to be lucky enough to witness one of the wondering souls myself.
Maybe that new building stirred the ghosts up out there.
Robbert

Herndon, VA

#22 Feb 16, 2012
Is that where the vanishing lady in white story originated from?
Shad O-Ryder

Buckhannon, WV

#23 Feb 16, 2012
You know, on a more serious note why don't you guys check out the books Coffin Hollow and the TellTale Lilac Bush by Ruth Ann Musick. It may give you so ideas on where to look. Oh, and by the way Boo!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I just can't help myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vicki Sine 22 min Vicki Gamble 4
Brittany "BEE BEE" Nichols 4 hr Curious 2 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Machine Gun Jake ... 4,243
Ty Lee Bragg 18 hr Amber 5
Josh hardesty (Sep '16) 19 hr The truth bitches 3
Johnna harker 20 hr The truth bitches 9
Ciara is back! Mon Anton Drexler 10

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance