White Hall Bob Evans Grand Re-opening - not so grand.

Posted in the Fairmont Forum

Visitor

Charleston, WV

#1 Apr 1, 2013
Went to Bob Evans restaurant in WhiteHall this past Saturday. I was very disappointed. Sure, the new decor looks nice but the quality of food and service has gone downhill. About every 3 or 4 months there seems to be a major hiccup with them. My wife and I go about 4 times a month and have noticed inconsistencies from one trip to the next even though we always go of an evening after work.

On a travel weekend, such as Easter weekend, they should have been prepared.

Our waitress was forever getting to us and they switched waitresses. Drinks were wrong. Food took over 20 minutes and wasn't cooked properly. Poor waitress said they only had two grill cooks for a full restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. Our waitress was really trying hard and I can't blame her for too much, but rather poor management by some heavy set guy who kept running around but didn't seem to get much done.

For now, they're on the banned list for a while and we'll go to Cracker Barrel when we're in the mood for some country/homestyle food.

I'd avoid Bob Evans for a while until they get the kinks worked out.
Cornholio

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 1, 2013
They went downhill when their old manager went to Colasseno's.
Youbetya000

Brentwood, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2013
It's Bob Evans dude.. You pay for what you get.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#4 Apr 1, 2013
How about that annoying promotion, which they forced the waiters to participate in, where they would bring out an empty dirty-looking soup container and slam it down in front of you - in order to remind you of their take-home soup special? I hope tossing the damn thing on the floor enough times made my point.
Curiousitycouldk illthecat

Fairmont, WV

#5 Apr 22, 2013
The restaurant wasn't the only thing that got a make-over. The entire waiting staff was forced to learn new serving techniques within two days. The floor chart in which the waiters/waitresses look to see which tables are there is completely different and they're still adjusting to it. As for you coming Easter weekend, I don't know why you expected anything different. Easter was on a Sunday. Sunday are they're busiest days. You obviously made a judgement call to go out and eat rather than cook yourself, so you should have realized with it being a holiday, that your service wasn't going to be exceptional and perfect. It was ridiculously busy. And you have no idea how stressful it gets in times like that. And I'm sure no one ever slammed a soup container down at you because trust me, we hate the damn things just as much as you do, but it's part of our job and we're forced to do it.
Bobs fan

Fairmont, WV

#6 May 4, 2013
Love Bob Evans. I miss Matthew the gay guy who worked up front. What a sweetheart!
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#7 May 4, 2013
Bobs fan wrote:
Love Bob Evans. I miss Matthew the gay guy who worked up front. What a sweetheart!
He was there as of this morning.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#8 May 5, 2013
By the way, when is Bob Evans going to realize that hash browns are supposed to be cooked until they are BROWN and that iced tea is supposed to contain ICE? Consequently, the hash browns end up being colder than the iced tea. And don't even get me started on toast that isn't toasted...
Just saying

United States

#9 May 5, 2013
I always thought Beavis was a young guy .. But if you're eating at Bob Evans I would say you might be old...
4 posts removed
Relocated TY

Fairmont, WV

#14 May 20, 2013
I use to work at a Bob Evans. And all I have to say is all these comments on here are probably all the same people who have nothing better to do but call and complain after you were already given free meals so you can get more money then you will email the company just so you can get more money. Get a life people!! and get a job. Maybe even some friends if you are lucky. However, Im glad i no longer am employeed by Bobs just so i dont have to put up with Broke,whiney customers who probably go out with out any money on them to begin with. WOOWWWW really????
vera

Morgantown, WV

#15 May 21, 2013
Relocated TY wrote:
I use to work at a Bob Evans. And all I have to say is all these comments on here are probably all the same people who have nothing better to do but call and complain after you were already given free meals so you can get more money then you will email the company just so you can get more money. Get a life people!! and get a job. Maybe even some friends if you are lucky. However, Im glad i no longer am employeed by Bobs just so i dont have to put up with Broke,whiney customers who probably go out with out any money on them to begin with. WOOWWWW really????
Where did you go ? Cracker Barrel ? Stop your yammering and bring me my food, now !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairmont PD throws rocks. 3 hr Butthead 11
Lynn Bird 3 hr lol 7
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr fitness-guru 58,244
Jeremy White 6 hr REALLY 11
EAST fairmont highschool football program 10 hr GoogleTranslate 74
Paul F Davis 19 hr Butthead 8
Psychic Donna Sims Fri Resident of the Road 5
•••
•••
•••

Fairmont Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fairmont People Search