A question

AOL

#1 Mar 17, 2013
Am I wrong about the Rules and Regulations of the "Little Miss and Junior Miss"festival where it says a contestant can't be a current title holder of any other Fair & Festival title? Am I wrong to say 2 girls are current title holders of another Fair and they were allowed to be contestants? This is the word going around and I would like to know the facts. I have nothing to gain or lose from the facts, I just want to know if I misunderstood the Rules and Regulations.
Joan

Fairmont, WV

#2 Mar 17, 2013
In a fairs & festivals pageant, all girls can start competing again after the state fair pageant held in January in charleston. This is for the queen division. But i think it goes the same for teen/junior/little miss. Younger divisions are dictated by the fair or festival rules. Generally, little/junior miss divisions can compete for and hold more than one title. I allowed my girls to only hold one title at a time. I think that is fair to other pageant competitors as well as to the festival.
1 post removed
Thank you

AOL

#4 Mar 17, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up for me Joan.I feel like you do, I think a girl should only hold one title at a time because it is so unfair to the other girls that don't have a title,it looks a little greedy and seems like the other title is not really appreciated.
Hmmm

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2013
I agree! I would also like to say that after years of attending the festival, my family and I will not be going! We will go to Kennywood or something. I am so sick of the fighting! Thats all it is anymore and last year you couldnt walk from one end to the other withoug running into a fight or getting knocked over by a crowd trying to get to a fight! Ridiculous!!!
Butthead

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
I agree! I would also like to say that after years of attending the festival, my family and I will not be going! We will go to Kennywood or something. I am so sick of the fighting! Thats all it is anymore and last year you couldnt walk from one end to the other withoug running into a fight or getting knocked over by a crowd trying to get to a fight! Ridiculous!!!
. Welcome Ladies and Gentleman to the Wel-Fair! The Original White Trash Carnival !!! Beavis and i have actually been hired as security this year. Whoever fights will have fresh dog poop wrapped in wet paper towels thrown at them.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#7 Mar 17, 2013
I'd rather go to Kennywood or Idlewild with Hmmm.
Cornholio

Charleston, WV

#8 Mar 18, 2013
A question wrote:
Am I wrong about the Rules and Regulations of the "Little Miss and Junior Miss"festival where it says a contestant can't be a current title holder of any other Fair & Festival title? Am I wrong to say 2 girls are current title holders of another Fair and they were allowed to be contestants? This is the word going around and I would like to know the facts. I have nothing to gain or lose from the facts, I just want to know if I misunderstood the Rules and Regulations.
Sounds like you got one of the ugly kids.
What a laugh

AOL

#9 Mar 18, 2013
Cornholio, my niece just happens to have 9 titles under her belt,so I wouldn't say she is ugly, but even if she is we love her for herself, not for what she looks like. I don't know how you could misconstrue a question about rules and regulations into ugly kids. Geesh!!! I was only trying to see if anyone knew what the rules are. I read the rules and regulations and I thought the rules said if you hold a current title to any fairs and festival pageant, then you couldn't be in Three Rivers Festival. If that is what the rules mean then my sister would never put her daughter in that pageant, if the rules are not being followed by everyone also my sister would never put her daughter in a pageant if her daughter is a current holder of another pageant. That is just classless to want your child to hold 2 titles at once and rob another girl of haveing a title.Maybe you should go to the 3 Rivers Festival Board and see why this is very confuseing to me. I don't think my niece will be entering any of those pageants if the rules aren't followed no matter where in WV they are held.
Joan

Springfield, NJ

#10 Mar 18, 2013
I'm pretty sure that if you win a three rivers title then you cannot compete for another title during your year except those specifically listed in the contracts that are signed by the winner/parents. Those pageants are state/national titles. I'm not sure what title you may or may not have going in to the three rivers pageant for little/jr miss. Like I said before, normally girls can start competing for a new title at the beginning of the calendar year. And again, I'll say that if a girl and her parents put what they really should into a festival and representing their festival throughout their reign, then one title at a time is enough.
Aqualung

Fairmont, WV

#11 Mar 18, 2013
What a laugh wrote:
Cornholio, my niece just happens to have 9 titles under her belt,so I wouldn't say she is ugly, but even if she is we love her for herself, not for what she looks like.
What else does she have under her belt? I like to watch all the pretty girlies up on the stage, parading around in their frilly outfits. Sometimes I pretend they're performing just for me!
Phedophile Alert

AOL

#12 Mar 18, 2013
Hope they catch you, sicko!!!!!, Your IP can be traced.
Phedophile Alert

AOL

#13 Mar 18, 2013
What's the matter "Aqualung" Phedophile. I know the lightbulb, peanut, and x are from you. Seems to me you can shove it out, but you can't take it, now go get your little phedophile friends to give me lots of those lightbulbs, Peanuts, and X's, also I would like some lemons, I just love lemonade.BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey creep

AOL

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Hey Aqualung, are you related to Jerry Sandusky? A brother maybe, but you go for the little girls, not the little boys like he does. This is HILARIOUS!
Spirit of JonBenet

Fairmont, WV

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Parents, please stop exploiting the children for your own glorification.
I agree

AOL

#16 Mar 18, 2013
I asked for lemons and I WANT LEMONS! Of course "Spirit of JonBenet" you are right. Pageants have got so out of hand with the pounds of make-up, the 3 inch long fake eyelashes, the fake hair and nails and the skimpy clothes. Some of those girls in pageants look like showgirls. I do like the pageants that keep it natural with maybe a little make-up to take off the shine under those bright lights, so the girls can have a little color and not fade out under the harsh lights.I also agree it is an ego thing for mom's to have their Daughter to win titles, and I think that is why my sister took her child out of pageants is because she knew in her heart that was what it was all about. My niece is now into playing ball and she likes it much more than the pageants and is a little slugger.LOL!
Michelle

Hepzibah, WV

#17 Mar 19, 2013
I agree wrote:
I asked for lemons and I WANT LEMONS! Of course "Spirit of JonBenet" you are right. Pageants have got so out of hand with the pounds of make-up, the 3 inch long fake eyelashes, the fake hair and nails and the skimpy clothes. Some of those girls in pageants look like showgirls. I do like the pageants that keep it natural with maybe a little make-up to take off the shine under those bright lights, so the girls can have a little color and not fade out under the harsh lights.I also agree it is an ego thing for mom's to have their Daughter to win titles, and I think that is why my sister took her child out of pageants is because she knew in her heart that was what it was all about. My niece is now into playing ball and she likes it much more than the pageants and is a little slugger.LOL!
I totally disagree with you NOT ALL parents are like this. I for one NEVER allowed my daughter to tan, wear makeup, wear hair pieces or fake teeth. She appeared in age appropriate outfits and age appropriate makeup. She made the choice as to rather she wanted to be in them NOT me. We borrowed her gowns and bought her street wear or interview suits from Goodwill or Gabes. She did win several titles and obtained several $1000 in scholarship money which helped her college education. Thanks to the pageants my daughter obtained self esteem and confidence and learned how to speak in front of crowds. It was the best thing she ever did. However there are SOME parents who do it for themselves. I for one refuse to participate in this festival ever again because the judging was unfair. The girls were told to wear age appropriate gowns and when a 12 year wears a red, skin tight dress

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chubby redhead in short shorts 4 hr Rico 15
FSHS football 12 hr 80s Bear 17
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 hr Bee 4,300
Sam Martino 14 hr Disgusted 13
Fire off of Locust ave Sun Rico 3
Cierra L Sat Lololol 4
Aquarium Lounge (Feb '17) Sat Nosey 37

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance