just me

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2013
Has anyone had problems with the gas? I have a new car and its running awful and cutting out
Agree

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2013
I have had problems with the gas there for years...even before the managment changed. I only get gas there now if it an absolute emergency.
oh my

Fairmont, WV

#3 Jul 14, 2013
Very very dishonest business now gas literally went from 3.39 to $3.65 in a matter of few hours I WILL NOT SHOP THERE AGAIN - was told gas truck broke down and they KATY MART had to pay extra so they bought very little I AM REPORTING THEM FOR PRICE GOUGING and in gonna see if local media will pick up on this GOOD GRIEF can you say DISHONEST
Too negative

United States

#4 Jul 16, 2013
I've been going to the Katy Mart for years. They have the same gas as many other stations. Take a good look at the fuel truck when he delivers. I'm sure you'll be surprised to know it's the same truck that delivers fuel to the Par Mar on Crematory Hill.

As far as changes in pricing- gas stations have to pay forward for deliveries. You aren't paying for the price of the fuel your pumping in your vehicle, rather for the future price of the next delivery. That's the standard. It's been published for two weeks that gas prices were going up because of oil price increases due to the Eqypt mess. So in turn, when stations are told the price of their next delivery, they must increase their per gallon cost of gas to pay for it.

Before you make a big deal about "how much" the gas price increased at Katy Mart, remember that for the last two weeks they were $0.11 cents cheaper per gallon then Par Mar.

I'm proud to support my neighborhood business. I'd rather give my business to a local owner than a national chain owned by people who don't even live in West Virginia- let alone our own community.
Support Katy Mart

Fairmont, WV

#5 Jul 17, 2013
I have been going to Katy Mart for 10 years since I moved to Katy. Knew the former owners and now the new owners. I have never had a problem with their gas in my new and old vehicles. I always buy my gas at Katy because I like to support my local businesses. Katy Market has the best gas prices 98% of the time. If I pay a little more for one week, due to their increase, it still works out that I am saving money in the long run. It is always easy for people to bash a business or people due to their own negative personalities. I can say the majority of customers love Katy Mart and the owners/staff because of their personable approach to serving their customers.
Katy Proud

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Katy mart is an excellent place to do business. The new management is very friendly and great service. All gas comes out of the same ground. Doesn't matter where you get it it's all the same. The new hot food menu is outstanding. Great pepperoni rolls. It is definatly a 5 star operation.
1 post removed
Katy Proud

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Definitely the best local business in the tri county area. Gas prices are constantly going up and down, not just the Katy market. Stop in and get you a pepperoni roll or some hot dogs with hot sauce because they are excellent. The former owners and now the new owners are awesome and would do anything to help someone out. Katy mart is definitely the place to go for everything.
oh my

Emerald Isle, NC

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Im here to tell you that's the same person posting but its what it is support them or whatever I WILL NOT and that's my opinion and my choice and I was told the gas truck broke down and they paid extra that's why the increase and it would go down and they only bought a little hum didn't have anything to do with increase of gas sooooooo- price gouging is just that
cry babies

Fairmont, WV

#10 Jul 25, 2013
I cannot believe how much ppl bitch and cry. Not everything is going to please you. And I think you cry babies would not be happy even if they would give you free gas and food. My mom has been going there for years. For her car,weedeater,and lawnmower. Believe me if were bad she would go there. The people old and new owners are GREAT!!!!!!
Mike

Fairmont, WV

#11 Jul 27, 2013
Hey she gives my 2 year old son a free sucker every time we go there,it's not the $ it's the smile on his face..thank u Katy Mart
itsmevern

United States

#12 Jul 31, 2013
Oh boy who is all that supposed to impress good way to advertise huh? Everyone has their opinions and if I've been done wrong well I won't shop there again Friendly or not bad is bad and the gas is not to mention they went from $3.39 to $3.65 in a matter of 20 mins I'm sorry I hust can't and won't go there again
HooterBill

Ashburn, VA

#13 Jul 31, 2013
I bought some food there, ate it and as a result got gas. Does that count?
wondering

Richardson, TX

#14 Aug 5, 2013
when did they go under new management?
howdy

Chicago, IL

#15 Aug 10, 2013
Really like the new owners. Think maybe its been a year or so since they took over? Not sure but they seem like good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heavenly hoagie (May '14) 4 hr HePulledaKnifeOnS... 90
EAST fairmont highschool football program (Sep '14) 5 hr Matt Musgrave 230
Chancey's CLOSED 22 hr Whatgoesaround 5
Fairmont Senior High School Wed casual observer 116
mandy g Wed Oh yea 21
Mike audia II and audias family restaurant Feb 8 National Enquirer 11
amanda payne Feb 7 RevRUN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairmont Mortgages