Bob Wise - Bad checks/Fraud

Posted in the Fairmont Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JustWondering

Thomas, WV

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Saw this on WDTV - does anyone know anything about him? I think this is the same slimeball who screwed my buddy out of money!

"A Fairmont man is accused of writing 50 thousand dollars worth of bad checks to try to buy some property.

Police say Robert Wise used at least three different personal bank accounts and a business account to make the payments.

The woman who was selling the property to Wise told police each time she tried to cash a check, she was informed there were insufficient funds and the checks were fraudulent.

Wise is in jail on a 60 thousand dollar cash only bond.
Hobbit

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Sounds like the former Salem city manager!!
Beavis

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2011
Sounds like the former Governor!!
JustWondering

Thomas, WV

#4 Jan 13, 2011
lol
I think this guy has some apartments - anyone know about him?
Jdog

Elizabeth, NJ

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Yeah I know him, he is crooked as they get. He is married to Althea Wise. She is a realtor. I never got my deposit back from when I rented from him, even though the place was spotless when I moved out.
JustWondering

Thomas, WV

#6 Jan 31, 2011
Jdog wrote:
Yeah I know him, he is crooked as they get. He is married to Althea Wise. She is a realtor. I never got my deposit back from when I rented from him, even though the place was spotless when I moved out.
REALLY?! That is a bummer!! What about the wife - I hope she's not as crooked as he is, being a realtor?!

Apparently he has scammed a lot of people. He was actually on Dateline hidden camera for conning people into buying expensive water treatment systems and not delivering... What a piece of work he must be! I hope he gets what's coming to him!
Fairmont

Alexandria, VA

#7 Apr 19, 2011
This is b.s..
BobbiSue2010

Fairmont, WV

#8 Apr 19, 2011
Sounds like he needs to stay in jail....
Nano

Alexandria, VA

#9 Apr 19, 2011
I LOVE Bob Wise. He has a sexy moustache.
Old Renter

Fairmont, WV

#10 Apr 22, 2011
I used to rent from Bob wise. He is probably the most crappy landlord there is. When I toured the apartment he swore the things I pointed out would have be fixed/cleaned before I moved in. When I moved in the carpet was horrible still, the toilet and oven were still broken, the fridge still had rotten food in it, and the lights in the stair way didn't work. I called weekly about all of it and it took him two months to finally fix the toilet, three months to fix the oven, and he never did anything about the carpet or the lights in the stairway. At night I would use a flashlight to climb the stairs. Also his "repairman" he sent to fix my oven was an excon druggy that had a key to my apartment YAY! I lived there for six months until I found a new place and while I was there I cleaned the entire place from top to bottom, paid for the carpets to be cleaned myself and when I moved out he didn't give me my deposit back either. NEVER RENT FROM THIS GUY HE IS THE BIGGEST CON MAN AROUND!!!
UR BS

Fairmont, WV

#11 Apr 23, 2011
Old Renter wrote:
I used to rent from Bob wise. He is probably the most crappy landlord there is. When I toured the apartment he swore the things I pointed out would have be fixed/cleaned before I moved in. When I moved in the carpet was horrible still, the toilet and oven were still broken, the fridge still had rotten food in it, and the lights in the stair way didn't work. I called weekly about all of it and it took him two months to finally fix the toilet, three months to fix the oven, and he never did anything about the carpet or the lights in the stairway. At night I would use a flashlight to climb the stairs. Also his "repairman" he sent to fix my oven was an excon druggy that had a key to my apartment YAY! I lived there for six months until I found a new place and while I was there I cleaned the entire place from top to bottom, paid for the carpets to be cleaned myself and when I moved out he didn't give me my deposit back either. NEVER RENT FROM THIS GUY HE IS THE BIGGEST CON MAN AROUND!!!
That is bull.
Iva Woody

United States

#12 Nov 22, 2011
Here is a website to help raise awareness of the parasite that is Bob Wise. Unsuspecting college kids don't let yourself be taken advantage of by scum.....
http://bobwise.webstarts.com/...
Wowzy

Fairmont, WV

#13 Dec 3, 2011
JustWondering wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY?! That is a bummer!! What about the wife - I hope she's not as crooked as he is, being a realtor?!
Apparently he has scammed a lot of people. He was actually on Dateline hidden camera for conning people into buying expensive water treatment systems and not delivering... What a piece of work he must be! I hope he gets what's coming to him!
This link shows the name in the Dateline investigation as Ed Wise. Was that an alias?
http://www.wvago.gov/press.cfm...
Wowzy

Fairmont, WV

#14 Dec 3, 2011
Iva Woody wrote:
Here is a website to help raise awareness of the parasite that is Bob Wise. Unsuspecting college kids don't let yourself be taken advantage of by scum.....
http://bobwise.webstarts.com/...
As a person who was f'd over by more than one landlord back in the day, THIS IS HILARIOUS!!
Jko

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 21, 2012
Stay in jail
toao

Fairmont, WV

#16 Jan 24, 2012
HE IS THE WORST LANDLORD in fairmont DONT give him your money
2 posts removed
I know you

Fairmont, WV

#19 Jan 24, 2012
Jack inoff knows everything about everyone, thats why he hides behind his little dorkie name.. Keep hiding
I know you

Fairmont, WV

#20 Jan 24, 2012
Mr. WIse is not a bad person,,, Makes bad choices
dissatisfied renter

Morgantown, WV

#21 Mar 5, 2012
He doesnot do anything he promisies and will nit fix any problems with the place. But don't be one day laate with your rent.
Concerned parent

Bridgeport, WV

#22 Jun 10, 2012
This landlord doesn't repair anything that is wrong. My son and his family are current renters trying to get out. Numerous things wrong with their apartment. Front door doesn't close properly, linoleum coming up everywhere it's installed, no locks on windows, electric outlets that are not grounded. These are just some of the issues. Now black mold has been found. I am moving them back to my home because I refuse to have my grandchild around mold! Also will be reporting it to the health department because if it's in their apartment, I'm sure it will be found in some of the others in the building as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disappearance of Fairmont State Student (Sep '12) 12 hr lisamgal1 37
tell me about Spencer Morris 13 hr me 4
looking 13 hr me 7
barry bledsoe Fri Harry Fedso 9
austin edwards Thu admit austin 1
fshs lockdown Thu you are all derel... 4
The toranado on 310 Thu greasyratchet 4
More from around the web

Fairmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE