New Shop 'n Save Opens In Fairmont

New Shop 'n Save Opens In Fairmont

There are 16 comments on the The State Journal story from Dec 31, 2009, titled New Shop 'n Save Opens In Fairmont. In it, The State Journal reports that:

Residents in East Fairmont now have a shorter commute to buy groceries. Shop 'n Save held its official grand opening Thursday in Fairmont.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State Journal.

another one

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jan 5, 2010
Why oh why couldn't we get a Kroger or something. Anything other than another flip'n shop n save!!!

Since: Jan 10

Charleston, WV

#2 Jan 6, 2010
Seriously. I just moved to Fairmont from Morgantown and have, so far, been very disappointed with the Shop and Saves. I still work in Morgantown, so I usually end up just stopping at Kroger on the way home or something.

The Fairmont Wal-Mart is pretty decent, but it's a little out of the way for me.
pissed

Fairmont, WV

#3 Jan 6, 2010
This makes me sick. I agree with fairmont needing a Kroger! That is where i get most of my groceries, and I hate having to drive out of my way to save money. Seriously...shop n save is way overpriced, and i refuse to shop there!
No doubt

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jan 7, 2010
What is with all the shop n saves anyway!!! I mean on west side there are TWO with in a mile of each other... Craziness!!! Also how in the world is Food Lion still open? I never see more than 10 cars in their parking lot and they are much more expensive than shop n save or walmart.
pissed

Fairmont, WV

#5 Jan 7, 2010
actually, I used to shop at food lion from time to time...they are overpriced, but have some good sales! I'd pick them over shop n save...
Debbie

Clarksburg, WV

#6 Jan 23, 2010
I thought Krogers was up where Food Lion is now a long time ago. Then it was Apples.

Shop and Save is a nice store but it is too expensive. IMO
sara

United States

#7 Jan 23, 2010
want do u think about the poeple at live in the east side of town u think at then should go the west side all the time im happy that we have a story in this side of town
wvsherryb

Fairmont, WV

#8 Feb 17, 2010
they definitely have the monopoly on grocery stores and are way too high. Kroger should come back!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 5, 2010
Nope, it was Apples then Food lion... I don't ever remember there being a Kroger up there.
Hehe

Fairmont, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2010
Shop 'n Save stinks!
CLP2

Fairmont, WV

#11 Dec 29, 2012
yeah yeah yeahh wrote:
Nope, it was Apples then Food lion... I don't ever remember there being a Kroger up there.
It was Kroger's before Apples.
trigger happy

United States

#12 May 25, 2013
Shop n save sucks, especially the one on East Side, a certain employee always accuses everyone of stealing and threatens customers. Management knows and they will not fire him!!! They always have old gross meat too...please do not go there.
Butthead

United States

#13 May 25, 2013
Hey, I saw an ad last week about Food Lion revamping their stores. Went there today, was best grocery shopping experience in a long time. Lots of new brands and items with really low prices. Check em out again and see. Like most everyone else i despise shopnsave. Poor selection, overpriced, crappy cashiers and deli. Food Lion is really the best store we have here and i dont mind the store not being crowded at all.
wv woman

Fairmont, WV

#14 May 26, 2013
Food Lion is definitely the best food store in Fairmont. It is clean, the employees are always helpful and nice and it is easy to get in and out of quickly. The prices are comparable with Shop and Save. Everything in Fairmont is higher priced than other nearby cities, so what difference does it make.
secret shopper

Bruceton Mills, WV

#15 May 26, 2013
Shopping carts smell like farts
it is what it is

Springfield, NJ

#16 Jun 5, 2013
There def was a Kroger where food lion is now 1984 -86-87 maybe but DEFINITELY was tbere

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any milfs with snapchat (Dec '14) 8 hr anonymous 14
Walmart Chick 11 hr Solomon Grundy 10
Dwayne Coakly 13 hr Shart Week 9
Stealing from the deceased (May '16) 17 hr Monique 45
Theives 17 hr Theives 1
Leandra. 17 hr Observer 17
Brittany thompson 18 hr Jaysmooth 4

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance