Fairmont Police in West Virginia are ...
Say it aint so

Fairmont, WV

#64 Jan 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
And again those things must proven. And how do you know they are Suspended or driving with the wrong plates do you have the capability to run and check and see if they are suspended Just because a drug dealer visits someone does not mean anything happened so u have to prove that's what they were doing. You calling because someone inspection sticker is dead is stupid how childish what a tattle tell lol you are worse then a 2 year old I wouldn't take you serious if you called over everything you see your neighbors doing Obviously you are big complainer because your life sucks and you should focus on your life and not someone else's. Grow up and worry about you sorry excuse as a adult. Time to grow up
I knew that they were using one plate on three different vehicles because unlike you, my head way not up my ass and I actually paid attention. As far as inspection stickers are concerned, I did not report that but that does not mean that it is not a violation of the law. And since unlike you I am dealing in facts, the children were eventually taken away from the parents and an animal rescue mission came and took what animals were still alive. As far as my call to the county sheriff's department was concerned, I was calling because these people were trespassing on our property and also destroying our property. You seem like a pompous ass but I wonder what you would have done if faced with the same circumstances.
lol

United States

#65 Jan 3, 2013
Say it aint so wrote:
<quoted text>I knew that they were using one plate on three different vehicles because unlike you, my head way not up my ass and I actually paid attention. As far as inspection stickers are concerned, I did not report that but that does not mean that it is not a violation of the law. And since unlike you I am dealing in facts, the children were eventually taken away from the parents and an animal rescue mission came and took what animals were still alive. As far as my call to the county sheriff's department was concerned, I was calling because these people were trespassing on our property and also destroying our property. You seem like a pompous ass but I wonder what you would have done if faced with the same circumstances.
Sounds like your making stuff up lol and I do know animal rescue groups isn't going to take animals with about the police calling them to come do so and the police is usually involved with children getting take away from their parents unlike you I do know and as for a DMV violation they must be caught while driving and the police don't have time to sit there and watch them they have true emergency that must come first. You really are not happy with your life. Welfare fraud is human resources take care of that
Doug Moats

New York, NY

#66 Jan 3, 2013
You think that police in Fairmont are incompetent?

You should come to Grafton and see the clowns in the police department.
lol

United States

#67 Jan 3, 2013
I think I have finally figured out everyone's issues lol the police are not here to be your personal slaves they are not here to kiss your a$$ they here to protect and to enforce the laws and the people think they are incompetent because they have gotten arrested or a ticket. I honestly don't understand you people.
Tim Hunt

Fairmont, WV

#68 Jan 3, 2013
Very true.. The Police are in place as a unit for checks and balances. The Police are extremely out numbered when it comes to minor violations pending in our state. They can't and will not save the world. I spent many years in a law profession and I can say that most people have unreasonable expectations and have very vague knowledge when it comes to the legal process, supreme court rulings, and accurate constitutional rights. Also, police departments are made up of many different personalities. WV police officers are still trained at an academy that is still ranked #1 in the nation because it is still a para military organization. Tactical response training, defensive tactics, civil law, criminal law, emergency vehicle response, and other emergency management type training. Survival is a police officers goal Mentally, physically, and spiritually. Customer service is Wal Mart, Star Bucks, or your insurance company's goal. Don't expect a police officer to greet with with a giant fake smile, a hand out to shake, and offer a script greeting to help ease your nerves. One day you will need an officer in such a way that nobody else could help you. I promise you that.
Say it aint so

Fairmont, WV

#69 Jan 4, 2013
So I guess all of you morons condone child neglect, truancy, drunken driving, destruction of property, etc. It sounds to me like a bunch of cowards who are afraid that if the police actually did get of their fat asses and did something that the perpetrators might retaliate against you. Anyone who thinks that I am lying can call the sheriff's department. I imagine that they will remember the profanity laced phone call that got me threatened with arrest.
lol

Bronx, NY

#70 Jan 4, 2013
Say it aint so wrote:
So I guess all of you morons condone child neglect, truancy, drunken driving, destruction of property, etc. It sounds to me like a bunch of cowards who are afraid that if the police actually did get of their fat asses and did something that the perpetrators might retaliate against you. Anyone who thinks that I am lying can call the sheriff's department. I imagine that they will remember the profanity laced phone call that got me threatened with arrest.
Well you seem like a know it all how about you apply to be a Cop since you think you know the laws. You honestly don't know how the laws work. You seriously don't understand the purpose of the police nor do you care. And it's been stated if cps was there law enforcement are usually behind that which you wouldn't know since you are to busy praising yourself and how perfect you are. And you sound like you are just mad at the police because they either arrested you or they didn't do why you wanted. You are the moron an it's evident.
Say it aint so

Fairmont, WV

#71 Jan 4, 2013
There is no sense in continuing this conversation. Based on past experiences, you will never convince me that the Sheriff's department is anything but incompetent, and I will never convince you that they are anything but wonderful. I am not a liar and unlike you I have facts on my side. Have a wonderful evening.
lol

Bronx, NY

#72 Jan 4, 2013
Say it aint so wrote:
There is no sense in continuing this conversation. Based on past experiences, you will never convince me that the Sheriff's department is anything but incompetent, and I will never convince you that they are anything but wonderful. I am not a liar and unlike you I have facts on my side. Have a wonderful evening.
How about facts that are true
truth

Fairmont, WV

#73 Jan 13, 2013
Resident wrote:
My husband had his wallet stolen at a local grocery store. The manager of the store checked the video and it showed the guy in plain view stealing my husband's wallet. The manager called the police, Fairmont police shows up, takes a statement and is handed the video on DVD. The idiot thief after stealing the wallet was dumb enough to use his own store rewards card and a food stamp debit card. The cop said all he had to was get a subpoena from the state to identify the ebt card user. That was a month ago and when we call for info they don't know who is handling the case because it was passed to a detective that you can't get a hold of and who won't return phone calls. It was a simple case, well SHOULD have been.
Thay always seem to be off ork when I need one.
Just askin

Fairmont, WV

#74 Jan 13, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Thay always seem to be off ork when I need one.

what do you need with an off ork?
Anonymous

United States

#75 Jan 14, 2013
Linda Parker wrote:
I would have to say that the Fairmont police are very incompetent. Women who say they are great have not been the victim of a crime in this city. They are naive and ignorant about all of the domestic violence in this city that gets shoved under a rug. Cops and magistrates do not prosecute men for domestic violence.
Personal experience, I was in a abusive relationship were cops had been called several times before I built courage to leave. Each time the police officers talked to me, they treated me like I deserved it. To top it off the time its was so bad he broke bones, and was released after 2 hours on $50 bail...now if you get caught with pot your bail is a lot more money and they hold you over night! Doesn't make sense!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#76 Feb 7, 2013
Say it aint so wrote:
i have to agree, also based on past experiences and facts. about half of what they write in their police reports is complete bull$#*t, not facts. makes it impossible to get a fair trial
lou Satterfield

United States

#77 Feb 13, 2013
FludderByNight wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal experience, I was in a abusive relationship were cops had been called several times before I built courage to leave. Each time the police officers talked to me, they treated me like I deserved it. To top it off the time its was so bad he broke bones, and was released after 2 hours on $50 bail...now if you get caught with pot your bail is a lot more money and they hold you over night! Doesn't make sense!
The first problem i see here is "several" used when dealing with an abusive boyfriend. It sounds like the Police were not the problem your better judgement was the issue to stay "several" times after being abused. And I call the BS card on a 50$ bail cor domestic battery. Whats his name i will go to magistrate court and look it up.
drew

Punxsutawney, PA

#78 Apr 29, 2014
I grew up Fairmont and have family that still live there. I have seen the corruption first hand. I have seen cops make false reports to hide there actions. I have seen officers from other departments make false reports to cover up for other officers. Cops who have made numerous drug arrests get caught for stealing drugs out of the evidence room. Cops arrested for having sex with under age girls. Lets not forget the cop who got chief of police 10yrs after he drug the ups man out his company truck and bet him down with a maglight in the middle of town. The chief of police who tried to charge a rape victim for not want to talk about her rape. How about the officer who has been caught not once, but twice for have underage drunk people driving his personal truck and he still wears that badge. I have not lived in Fairmont in many years, but I know that nothing has changed. They are not hero's. They are not to be looked up to. They are Nazi's. They knew what the job was when they signed up, so to use it as any excuse to justify there poor actions is not going to fly. They don't even have a job that ranks in the top 10 most deadliest jobs. Your every day coal miner sees more danger then a cops does. Does that give the miner the right to break the law? Take a look at who you are calling hero. Fairmont has plenty of them, but I promise not one of them is wearing that blue, brown, or green uniform.
drew

Punxsutawney, PA

#79 Apr 29, 2014
Going to have to disagree with you on this one. Not trying to be a dick, but cops are not checks and balance as you say. They are there to protect the community at large and to serve them to the best of there ability. They work for the people, not the government. There job is not to pull people over for a burnt out tail light, or arrest some one for not using a turn signal and then fining them for it. There are there to protect the rights the constitution gives us. I do know the laws and what they do in Fairmont and most every other city in the U.S is not up holding the law. It is these so called law enforcement officers caring out unconstitutional law. We really don't need cops, we need good citizens that are willing to stand up to injustice and service the people of Fairmont and belive me that those good citizens do not wear the blue, brown, or green uniforms. The people of Fairmont deserve much better then that. We do not need the cops, the cops need us!!!!!
Ummm

Buckhannon, WV

#80 Apr 30, 2014
Tim Hunt wrote:
One day you will need an officer in such a way that nobody else could help you. I promise you that.
Don't fool yourself. Police RARELY save lives. I have a gun. They can investigate the guy I kill breaking into my home.
powerman

Fairmont, WV

#81 May 21, 2014
You got to fight the power and don';t believe the hype.
really

Fairmont, WV

#82 May 21, 2014
They are always a day late and a dollar short. How often do we hear of any crimes the fight or lives they save. They just earn their salaries letting their friends off and citing hard working citizens with tickets they can't afford. I can't count how many times I've seen them drive past shady stuff to go pull someone over for something stupid.
I will fight my own battles thank you. Keep driving around looking cool...NOT.
powerman

Fairmont, WV

#83 May 21, 2014
Fight the Power and don't believe the hype!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ace 13 min beef cake 13
heavenly hoagie (May '14) 15 hr Believer 74
GAIL RENAE ROWELL IS A FUxxN COLD SNITCHIN Axx ... 19 hr LetsKeepIt100 4
Idamay Music Thread (Oct '14) Fri Musikologist 3
Create your own Forum Fri Linda-Rose 365
Motorcycle Gangs Thu ? 35
April Morgan (Jul '14) Jul 29 aaaa 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairmont Mortgages