United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

I would have to say that the Fairmont police are very incompetent. Women who say they are great have not been the victim of a crime in this city. They are naive and ignorant about all of the domestic violence in this city that gets shoved under a rug. Cops and magistrates do not prosecute men for domestic violence.
Joyce Anderson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

It is truthful to say that West Virginia police do not handle domestic abuse cases at all. In many other states, men who are guilty of domestic abuse will go to jail even if the wife drops charges. I know of a woman who has been beaten to the point of becoming paralyzed and nothing was done about it in Fairmont, West Virginia. The police haven't got time for understanding or helping women who are victims. My sister died last year because she was a victim of domestic abuse. I really think that attorneys should consider lawsuits against a police department that ignores these types of problems in the community. This is just another example of ignorant, redneck values and corrupt justice. The only people who support cops in this state are relatives or cops themselves. No one else who has half a brain thinks of cops as heros here in West Virginia.
Here for school

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

It's insane to me how police treat domestic abuse cases here, and a real shame. I've never seen anything like the police here, they seem nicer, that's for sure. Cops in Jersey are up my ass about every single thing, and are always ready to do whatever it takes to fine me as much as they can. (Not that I do illegal things, but you know, just as a driver on the road who sometimes speeds to work.)
Dear Joyce and Linda

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

I get to put my two cents in here.. First the Police Departments can only do as much as the so called victims allow them to. Second more than you think these so called victims of domestic battery are usually back with there wonderful partners before the case even goes to court. And last but not least domestic violence crimes in WV are actually steadily going down because of the Police, Prosecuting Attorneys, and defense Attorneys working together to combat this horrible crime. I can tell you first hand to say nothing is being done is a bold face lie and an extremely uneducated thing to state. Try going to your local magistrate court or police station and doing some research on these cases. Freedom of information is a great thing you know. It's very easy to form an opinion based on your own thoughts. Police are hero's I must say. My 3 year old niece is alive today thanks to a local police officer. I am here today thanks to our local law enforcement. My husband and his father are here today because of Police. And I wouldn't want to see this county, state, or city without them. It sounds like someone needs to judge themselves instead of others and organizations you know nothing about. And remember this... not everything you hear and see in the news is true. And just because you don't know the TRUE outcome of a case or investigation is because somethings are better left private. So, I hope you will take the time before you bad mouth Police or whoever, stop and think about what your ideas from. If your not happy don't take it out on other people. Seek help or medication to get you through whatever it is your dealing with and your inner anger issues. Have a great and blessed day.
Clueless

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

The Fairmont City cops are excellent. They have to deal with a lot of stuff on a daily basis that most of us never want to have to deal with. Nobody is perfect but I think they do a GREAT job.
cornbread

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

What ever happened to former police chief Joe Merendino?
truth

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Linda Parker wrote:
I would have to say that the Fairmont police are very incompetent. Women who say they are great have not been the victim of a crime in this city. They are naive and ignorant about all of the domestic violence in this city that gets shoved under a rug. Cops and magistrates do not prosecute men for domestic violence.
you think it's bad there,come 2 logan co..hell u could kill someone down here n get by with it !!!!
Shine Box

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

cornbread wrote:
Joe was NEVER police Cheief Hell he was lucky to retire...he was a coward that beat up kid and would bang hookers ...Notice fairmont does not have hooker since he been gone. and stole from his brothers in the FOP... Great Guy!lol
bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

You all are nuts its not going down its getting covered up and I think they are cowards they don't arest the man they. Arest the women
SOMEONE HELP US

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

Shine Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe was NEVER police Cheief Hell he was lucky to retire...he was a coward that beat up kid and would bang hookers ...Notice fairmont does not have hooker since he been gone. and stole from his brothers in the FOP... Great Guy!lol
Now they have an underage prostitution ring so how about getting your facts straight! Why don't you ask around the local hotels or some of the bars in the downtown area. Don't take my word for it, just go sit outside one of the local hotels or motels late some night and see what you come up with... It's coming from kids getting other kids hooked on drugs. And I didn't realize how bad it was until this year. So, if you can do anything to help, then do it.?.
Eons

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Here for school wrote:
It's insane to me how police treat domestic abuse cases here, and a real shame. I've never seen anything like the police here, they seem nicer, that's for sure. Cops in Jersey are up my ass about every single thing, and are always ready to do whatever it takes to fine me as much as they can.(Not that I do illegal things, but you know, just as a driver on the road who sometimes speeds to work.)
Humm! Not the way I see it. I know for a fact that they are hungry to arrest you even without a full investigation to the alleged crime. Oh, but that's their job to respond and arrest when you report domestic abuse. Wonder what would happen if the table was turned, oh it did and there was no response or investigation or arrest.
Resident

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

My husband had his wallet stolen at a local grocery store. The manager of the store checked the video and it showed the guy in plain view stealing my husband's wallet. The manager called the police, Fairmont police shows up, takes a statement and is handed the video on DVD. The idiot thief after stealing the wallet was dumb enough to use his own store rewards card and a food stamp debit card. The cop said all he had to was get a subpoena from the state to identify the ebt card user. That was a month ago and when we call for info they don't know who is handling the case because it was passed to a detective that you can't get a hold of and who won't return phone calls. It was a simple case, well SHOULD have been.
fed up

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

They along with the county police are arrogant jack ass's who think they are above you.
Vanessald

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Linda Parker wrote:
Yea they would rather convict men that are inocent and make them wait and wait. I am not being naive at all i am Bi-Polar my boyfriend did not even touch me i hit my head and they arrested him and wouldn't even listen to me so now we have to go to court and waste tax payers money when it could have all been avoided it's Just ashame.
Fat Bastered

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

cornbread wrote:
He was never chief! Chef maybe!
Tanner

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

The problem begins at the top with the city manager and trickles down to the dregs of society that compose are elected officals on city council.

In the real world these people would be terminated with in the first week and the job. Performance counts and should count more in local government.

Instead, we have the town clowns who continue to suck this place dry. Now, they're out busy getting their kids public jobs on account of the in-breeding and the lack of ability to be employed elsewhere.

There are all types of public welfare - being a cop - city manager - or on council is just another form of welfare.
Hermit

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

If citizens had their way, there would be a police officer parked in front of their house. This town has always been undermanned. Today's force is a lot better than it was thirty or forty years ago. One thing that does need to be brought back is foot patrols in some areas. In the older times,an officer knew who, what and where to look for trouble. Our Supreme Court has stripped local police officers of a lot of things they used to do. I'm not saying the officers of today aren't doing their jobs. The laws that were passed and upheld have tied the officers' hands. If an officer draws his weapon, he has to go before IAD and justify his action. If he lays a hand on someone, he is in a lot of trouble. In England, the police didn't even carry a gun but he used every other means to get his job done. Does the term, "Hobnail Boots" mean anything to the readers?

We in this country are too busy complaining to take time to look around and smell the skunkweed. Next time you see a patrol car in your neighborhood, wave and say hi. It won't hurt, really!
Camel Tow

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Judged:

Domestic Violence is a sexist term to perpetuate victim status for those who make reckless choices in their personal relationships.

And we get upset because we choose to spread our legs for society’s worst and can't simply call the police and make it their fault.

Grow up and take responsibility for your own life choices. You picked him or her now deal with it.
Jay

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

You mean it's illegal for me to beat my woman, uh oh
Jim West

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Don't tell any wife beatn jokes in here.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Fairmont Forum right now

Search the Fairmont Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 30 min Mgtn Res 111
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 hr George 56,421
Ruff Riders (Jun '11) 8 hr Poo Poo 35
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 10 hr Jimmy Love 3,940
Milf and Cougar (Apr '11) 15 hr casual observer 18
What happened to the Wendy's over by Country Cl... 15 hr Beavis 6
Best & worst bars in Fairmont 19 hr really 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fairmont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000