fairmont little league
classic foot in mouth

Fairmont, WV

#169 Jul 14, 2013
Alex Peschl wrote:
I was not going to get involved in this debacle but i really don't think some people think about the thoughts that run through a coaches mind in the last picks of All-Stars. Little League mandated 12 players this year versus 11 in the past years. That means 3 kids now need to be swapped out for your starters which actually effects 6 kids total. The way around it is to take 13 so a child on the team is only required one at bat and your normal substitutions will occur. The reality is when choosing your final picks it comes down to what parent can handle one at bat in a game and accept that role without causing desention on your team.
As much as some people think it is just pick your friends, it's really not. To those that criticize the coaches on here, believe me we are trying our best to win.
"If its all about fun and winning is fun than it is all about winning."
I just read this post. I can't believe he said this! Talk about a douche! President SE oughta ask AP to step away. On second thought maybe SE should step away for condoning this. But this is probably the only thing keeping his son on the field. It's a shame to allow a coach to recruit kids under false pretenses and have their kids profit at their expense. GOD BLESS U FATHER ALEX AND FATHER STEWART! This is one of the biggest sins a person could commit! Abuse of a child! Sleep well men!
XXXX

Fairmont, WV

#170 Jul 14, 2013
@Amazed & @ classic foot in mouth

YOU ARE BOTH SICK!!! Maybe you should seek out some help for your more than obvious PSYCH ISSUES!!!
Why you would call someone a child abuser/molester is just very un-Christian like is just simply NOT NORMAL!! Your judgement day may come sooner than you think!
wth

Fairmont, WV

#171 Jul 14, 2013
as a parent I've neen on both sides, the starter and bench rider. It's never easy, but I do know idiots like you & nasty loud inappropriate parents solve nothing. Sad but true, when you pick a kid, you pick the parent (sucks doesn't it)? I wish this was a perfect world. It's not. So, move on sad little person or go harass a youth soccer team.
ASEYECIT

Bridgeport, WV

#172 Jul 14, 2013
Just in from Elkins. 10-11's took it on the chin from a good Martinsburg team. Just wondering when one of the coaches is going to realize his son CANT hit. Great game in the field but the kid can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. There are 2 reserves on that team who had extremely high on-base percentages and hit extremely well the last half of the season that are getting one at-bat and are much better hitters than his son. I think this kid had one hit in district play and is hitless in state play. Daddy ball at its finest.....
ridiculous

Fairmont, WV

#173 Jul 15, 2013
soooo, one kids bat makes or breaks a team? get a life
ASEYECIT

Bridgeport, WV

#174 Jul 15, 2013
That's not what I was inferring. I was simply stating there is a coach on the team who won't give kids with much better bats a chance. I have no idea how you were able to reach the conclusion you did from my original post.
xxxx

Fairmont, WV

#175 Jul 15, 2013
You called a kid out stupid. You need to get a life away from baseball.
Fll

Fairmont, WV

#176 Jul 15, 2013
Leave these dads alone! In our society when dads are so absent from their children's lives, I think we have bigger issues in the world.
amazed

Akron, OH

#177 Jul 15, 2013
XXXX wrote:
@Amazed & @ classic foot in mouth
YOU ARE BOTH SICK!!! Maybe you should seek out some help for your more than obvious PSYCH ISSUES!!!
Why you would call someone a child abuser/molester is just very un-Christian like is just simply NOT NORMAL!! Your judgement day may come sooner than you think!
Your such an idiot! I was "figuratively speaking", If you were educated you would understand the comparison. Maybe there was a little abuse/molestation in your childhood and you can't let go. Now be a good little mommy and get back in the kitchen or wash some clothes!
been there seen that

United States

#178 Jul 15, 2013
classic foot in mouth wrote:
<quoted te
I just read this post. I can't believe he said this! Talk about a douche! President SE oughta ask AP to step away. On second thought maybe SE should step away for condoning this. But this is probably the only thing keeping his son on the field. It's a shame to allow a coach to recruit kids under false pretenses and have their kids profit at their expense. GOD BLESS U FATHER ALEX AND FATHER STEWART! This is one of the biggest sins a person could commit! Abuse of a child! Sleep well men!
yea ...I saw this post too....this thinking is what all the stink is about...if you think like that in real baseball(pony) teams will get burnt....but little league ain't real baseball is it?
classic foot in mouth

Akron, OH

#179 Jul 15, 2013
wth wrote:
as a parent I've neen on both sides, the starter and bench rider. It's never easy, but I do know idiots like you & nasty loud inappropriate parents solve nothing. Sad but true, when you pick a kid, you pick the parent (sucks doesn't it)? I wish this was a perfect world. It's not. So, move on sad little person or go harass a youth soccer team.
Another dumb!@# heard from. Yeah, its pretty hard to be a starter or a parent of a starter. The only thing hard about being a starter is when you don't belong there and everyone knows it. You too need to go wash some clothes or do something in the kitchen and leave sports to the men. Opinions from mommys just confuse the issues because they can't think like real people.
XXXX

Fairmont, WV

#180 Jul 15, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your such an idiot! I was "figuratively speaking", If you were educated you would understand the comparison. Maybe there was a little abuse/molestation in your childhood and you can't let go. Now be a good little mommy and get back in the kitchen or wash some clothes!
If you are going to use a comparison try using something a little different besides an abuse/molestation inference!! As far as education goes I have a great one & obviously you are the one that needs to get one because you sure do make a lot of UN-EDUCATED COMMENTS which make you the idiot!! And just FYI...IM NOT A MOMMY...IM A DADDY so there's another UN-EDUCATED IDIOTIC COMMENT!!! Now put that in your pipe & smoke it!!!
amazed

Akron, OH

#181 Jul 15, 2013
XXXX wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to use a comparison try using something a little different besides an abuse/molestation inference!! As far as education goes I have a great one & obviously you are the one that needs to get one because you sure do make a lot of UN-EDUCATED COMMENTS which make you the idiot!! And just FYI...IM NOT A MOMMY...IM A DADDY so there's another UN-EDUCATED IDIOTIC COMMENT!!! Now put that in your pipe & smoke it!!!
1. I would say you have made the most comments in this thread. This is why I deduced you to be a lonely housewife or possibly welfare receiving deadbeat mom whose soap operas are off the air for the day.
2. Please for the sake of real men, tell me you're lying, please! I know in today's society it is acceptable to be masculinely challenged, but please don't teach these values to your son. I don't want my son to catch anything from yours.
3. If you are educated, you were sleeping during grammar classes.
4. Let me correct your mistakes in your post:

If you are going to use a comparison(,) try using something a little different besides an abuse/molestation inference!! As far as education goes(,) I have a great one(.) &(omit) obviously(Obviously,) you are the one that needs to get one because you sure do make a lot of UN-EDUCATED(UNEDUCATED) COMMENTS which make(s) you the idiot!! And just FYI...IM NOT A MOMMY...IM A DADDY so there's another UN-EDUCATED(uneducated) IDIOTIC COMMENT!!! Now put that in your pipe & smoke it!!!(I don't smoke)

5. Now get back to your CNN or MSNBC libs or better yet, go protest something. You feminine types are so fun to play with!
Fll

Fairmont, WV

#182 Jul 15, 2013
You poor sap. I'm sorry u were bullied as a child and rode the pine yourself. Now your kid rides the pine or watchesi from the stands. Whatever. Maybe you are just a born loser. Whatever. Team AP! Team SE! We laugh at you, thanks!
Amy

Fairmont, WV

#183 Jul 15, 2013
classic foot in mouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is an Amazing Coach and maybe you all should find something better to do with your time than bash someone maybe go and practice and play with your kids!!!!
baseball mom

Fairmont, WV

#184 Jul 15, 2013
ASEYECIT wrote:
Just in from Elkins. 10-11's took it on the chin from a good Martinsburg team. Just wondering when one of the coaches is going to realize his son CANT hit. Great game in the field but the kid can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. There are 2 reserves on that team who had extremely high on-base percentages and hit extremely well the last half of the season that are getting one at-bat and are much better hitters than his son. I think this kid had one hit in district play and is hitless in state play. Daddy ball at its finest.....
My son may have struck out one time yesterday but he has the 2nd best Onbase percentage on the team so I am hoping you are NOT talking about my son Im not mentioning names but this is ridiculous and all kids go through sitting the bench if you are angry at the coaches tell them don't take it out on the kids thats pathetic....Bashing other peoples kids is ridiculous!!!!!!
Robert Saunders

Fairmont, WV

#185 Jul 15, 2013
ASEYECIT wrote:
I would assume you are talking about Connor. He has definately struggled at the plate during districts and state play with 1 hit and 3 walks which is why he had 2 at bats Sat and 1 at bat Sun. He also played well this season and had a high OBP but it has not carried over. He has however played very well in the field with 1 error in 3 district games and 2 state games while going back and forth between 2b and ss. If you don't think some of his plays this weekend saved runs then you are surely mistaken. As bad as his bat has been, his glove has been great. I wish you would speak to myself and the coaches instead of posting in here and commenting during the games. Unfortunately Connor overheard parents in the stands saying he shouldn't be playing so that now makes it twice as hard to hit. He doesn't want to play tomorrow night because other parents don't think he deserves to. I am sorry your son is not playing as much as you think they should. As far as the daddy ball coaching comment, I would rather not be doing it. I helped Billy this year and Sean during all-stars and I told both of them I would rather not when they first asked. If we had more dads to step up and take the abuse, then I would love to be on the sidelines.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#186 Jul 15, 2013
Robert Saunders wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately Connor overheard parents in the stands saying he shouldn't be playing so that now makes it twice as hard to hit. He doesn't want to play tomorrow night because other parents don't think he deserves to.
Unfortunately Connor read your post, so that now makes it three times as hard to hit.
ASEYECIT

Morgantown, WV

#187 Jul 15, 2013
Sorry for being insensitive. Heck, I shouldn't have even posted since I do not have a child playing for the 10-11's. I was trying to point out the obvious but I did it in an inappropriate way. I let my emotions get the best of me. I should have taken a deep breath and sat on my thoughts for a day or two. Once again, I'm sorry. As for baseball mom, I'm not angry at the coaches, only frustrated to see Fairmont not fielding the best team possible. I've been a Fairmont baseball fan since the 70's and like to see teams assembled based on talent rather than who sits on a board or coaches.
baseball mom

Fairmont, WV

#188 Jul 15, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately Connor read your post, so that now makes it three times as hard to hit.
Great for you Rob!!!Conner absolutely is an asset to the team and he absolutely deserves to be an ALL Star!!! I am sorry ignorant people cant face who they are and have to talk about children these are 10-11 year old kids and there is no "I" in team so parents should remember that and be team players too or take their kid off the team and they should be excited their kids made all stars and stop complaining cause there are a lot of kids who wish they had their kids spot!!! Conner is Awesome!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump power!! 34 min Barros chingon 124
Fairmont Snitches 6 hr Rondell 14
Ciara backpage (Jan '16) 6 hr Jordan 19
Backpage shut down 7 hr Jordan 12
Idiots 7 hr Wreckless Driver 1
Johnna harker a snitch? 8 hr The real Johnna H... 34
Info on Tracy Lawson 16 hr SweeneyMoore 3

Fairmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance