OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma. Full Story
Superman

Oklahoma City, OK

#41 May 3, 2010
This organization is an absolute joke. It needs to be completely dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up.
citizen

Mcalester, OK

#42 May 3, 2010
Maybe the politician needs to ask the osbi why they don't want to prosecute one of their own. The recent sheriff (retired osbi agent) from mcintosh county that allowed his ex-con wife to work at the county jail and be around firearms that is a felony in this state.

Since: May 10

Tulsa, OK

#43 May 8, 2010
I knew the Weleetka guy that has been missing for years (Daryl) but never heard the last name Mckinney....he went by a different name in school but can't remember it...sorry. Anyway I never knew of the OSBI doing anything with this case. There was a flyer posted by family and friends but that was about it. I believe his truck had been found on a dirt road south of Weleetka and it had been detailed. Then his trailer had caught on fire mysteriously?? This is hearsay of course but sounds very suspicious.....where was the investigation?????
fantasia

Binger, OK

#45 May 16, 2010
moogooghaipan wrote:
I knew the Weleetka guy that has been missing for years (Daryl) but never heard the last name Mckinney....he went by a different name in school but can't remember it...sorry. Anyway I never knew of the OSBI doing anything with this case. There was a flyer posted by family and friends but that was about it. I believe his truck had been found on a dirt road south of Weleetka and it had been detailed. Then his trailer had caught on fire mysteriously?? This is hearsay of course but sounds very suspicious.....where was the investigation?????
got his name wrong its darrell franklin,sorry my bad,i guess when you cme up missing thats it no one will look for you,poor mr franklins family, there are a lot of people who say that hes down in a well between weleetka and vernon somewhere there is a mysterious old wellthat is north on river bottoms road thats north of sandcreek road the one that goes in a circle but im too scared to look some half fried methheads might go crazy and hunt me down and throw me in too. they should of at least checked around for that poor man.

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

#46 May 16, 2010
fantasia wrote:
<quoted text>got his name wrong its darrell franklin,sorry my bad,i guess when you cme up missing thats it no one will look for you,poor mr franklins family, there are a lot of people who say that hes down in a well between weleetka and vernon somewhere there is a mysterious old wellthat is north on river bottoms road thats north of sandcreek road the one that goes in a circle but im too scared to look some half fried methheads might go crazy and hunt me down and throw me in too. they should of at least checked around for that poor man.
At least you're willing to look,fantasia! We need more folks like you!
Bonehead

Niles, MI

#47 May 16, 2010
For the millionth time, I called in a very bonefied tip to the OSBI regarding these two girls. Do yourself a faver: go on thier website and look at all of the unsolved cases on their website. Way too many. And, they stopped listing any other unsloved murders. Joe Neff, Jody Rilee-Wilson. The OSBI looks very guilty of something to me.
Bonehead

Niles, MI

#48 May 16, 2010
By the way, this is what I have been dreaming of for two years: rising up against tyranny. Your OSBI is very corrupt. Promise.

Since: May 10

Tulsa, OK

#49 May 17, 2010
Fantasia.....I too heard the story about the well. I remember hearing about one light horseman that did his own investigation and search for Daryl on his own time. I would like to be a part of a search sometime. I also feel bad for his family.
fantasia

Binger, OK

#50 May 18, 2010
does anyone remember back in 98 or 99 hearing about a murder/decapitation of a woman found in coalton or hoffman bottoms it was supposed to be some girl named michelle but they had killed her sister in law by mistake had to do with meth and narcing i dontthink it was ever in the news though (lots of murder missing and mysterious death is never reported especially in okmulgee county also around the first few years of 2000 there were 3 rumored hangings of 2 menand a young man the men were found one outside of okemah somewhere one in mcintosh out by stidham or vernon and one out by hoffman cemetary one was also mutilated but not sure which one.they were all out in the woods though.
tired of it

Sasakwa, OK

#52 May 19, 2010
"The list of Oklahoma's unsolved homicides is lengthy.....Three young girl scouts were murdered at camp in 1977 "

I thought they arrested someone on that and they died in prison.
fatasia

Binger, OK

#53 May 19, 2010
tired of it wrote:
"The list of Oklahoma's unsolved homicides is lengthy.....Three young girl scouts were murdered at camp in 1977 "
I thought they arrested someone on that and they died in prison.
gary eugene hart, but he was never convicted of the girls' murder it was some other stuff,they say the cherokee indians defended him to the fullest and so did locust grove, if your into true crime read "someone cry for the children" that book included the now famous harvey pratt the forensic artist ffrom the weleetka murders it was very informative,sad,and totally pissed me off.however osbi back then actually sounded like they gave a crap about folks,and left no stone unturned.

“Jesus beat satan”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#54 May 20, 2010
I bet there are some murders that never gets known here in Okla. There are some wooly places still and moonshine boys with shotguns to take you off their property if u ignore a sign that says: NO TRESPASSING or miss it and are lost! A few years ago a reference librarian told me that story a few years ago and they were quite nervous about the gun and left quick!
digitaldip

Oklahoma City, OK

#55 May 21, 2010
Carisa wrote:
Unless you've actually been in the field investigating a murder, it would be prudent not to jump to conclusions. This isn't TV. This is real life. There are unsolved murders all over the world. Inconsistent witness statements, tampered evidence, missing evidence, people who would obstruct justice because of a loved one that was involved -- there are many things that can cause an ivestigation to come to a screeching halt. OSBI has my support, as well. For every murder case they haven't solved, there have been others they have. If it wasn't for them, we'd have more crime than order, so bashing them any chance you get out of contempt, hate, or just plain self-righteous bitterness is childish at best. They work hours that most of us wouldn't think of sacrificing. They deserve respect for being in a field that requires them to exhaust themselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Stop generalizing the productivity and usefulness of a department as a whole because of the ineptitude of a few. You all work. You know as well as anyone else that there's always a few "bad apples" in every work force. The only way to stop that from happening is taking the human nature out of each and every one of us.
one need not be an expert to see somethings wrong after meeting a few of them
one need not be an expert to see "how they hire" as the root of the problem
the problem has little to do with investigative expertise and is firmly grounded in hr
Justda Faxmam

Anadarko, OK

#56 May 22, 2010
Carisa wrote:
Unless you've actually been in the field investigating a murder, it would be prudent not to jump to conclusions. This isn't TV. This is real life. There are unsolved murders all over the world. Inconsistent witness statements, tampered evidence, missing evidence, people who would obstruct justice because of a loved one that was involved -- there are many things that can cause an ivestigation to come to a screeching halt. OSBI has my support, as well. For every murder case they haven't solved, there have been others they have. If it wasn't for them, we'd have more crime than order, so bashing them any chance you get out of contempt, hate, or just plain self-righteous bitterness is childish at best. They work hours that most of us wouldn't think of sacrificing. They deserve respect for being in a field that requires them to exhaust themselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Stop generalizing the productivity and usefulness of a department as a whole because of the ineptitude of a few. You all work. You know as well as anyone else that there's always a few "bad apples" in every work force. The only way to stop that from happening is taking the human nature out of each and every one of us.
Hmmmm......Smells strongly of 'vested interest'.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!
sister is a methhead

Binger, OK

#57 May 22, 2010
Iheard through the grapevine that authorities found a gun by the oil tanks or (whatever they hold )could someone have been stealing from them when the girls came up?
fantasia

Binger, OK

#59 May 22, 2010
there is a girl about 13 years old missing from henryetta she has been gone since 11 o clock last night all friends and family have been questioned and they are supposed to be putting an amber alert out her name is cheyenne factor i think, there are flyers out the one i saw was at 1st street shell in henryetta.
Carisa

Oklahoma City, OK

#60 May 27, 2010
Justda Faxmam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm......Smells strongly of 'vested interest'.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!
I have no vested interest in OSBI. I'm a writer. I do research, and I've lived in Oklahoma all my life. My father was a cop before I was born, my grandfather retired from the police force when I was a kid and both of my uncles have served (and one is still serving) as law enforcement officials for OHP. I've grown up watching them and what they have to go through, and I have to say that unless I actually get to a point in my life where I'm wearing their shoes, it's hard to say what someone has to go through on that job, and AGAIN to blame the actions of a few bad apples on the department in general is just ignorant.
yada yada

Binger, OK

#61 May 28, 2010
Carisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no vested interest in OSBI. I'm a writer. I do research, and I've lived in Oklahoma all my life. My father was a cop before I was born, my grandfather retired from the police force when I was a kid and both of my uncles have served (and one is still serving) as law enforcement officials for OHP. I've grown up watching them and what they have to go through, and I have to say that unless I actually get to a point in my life where I'm wearing their shoes, it's hard to say what someone has to go through on that job, and AGAIN to blame the actions of a few bad apples on the department in general is just ignorant.
blah, blah,blah lets see you walk in the shoes of the plackers,tesla applegates family,jody rileys folks,darrell franklins family need i mention more no one said anything personal about your family so keep on truckin missy.you sound not only ignorant but selfish as well the victims are priority here not your feelings,if you dont want to read about the outrage of all the unsolved cases you dont belong on this forum,little girl,i believe you passed up the forum that was made especially for people like you called"puppy dogs and rainbows".good day.
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#62 May 29, 2010
Carisa wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... it's hard to say what someone has to go through on that job, and AGAIN to blame the actions of a few bad apples on the department in general is just ignorant.
Let me quote a poster on a parallel thread....

Smarterthanyou wrote:
Here is some of OSBI's exceptional service.
Missing children still not found:
Cori Baker missing since 11/09/07
Amber Renee Barker missing since 12/1/97
Jenae Beverly Blackwell missing since 3/1/05
Lauria Jaylene Bible missing since 12/3/99
Cynthia M. Britto missing since 5/29/92
Destiny Dawn Brown missing since 1/22/07
Anastasia Marie Bruno missing since 1/21/08
Ashley Marie Cesenas missing since 7/9/04
Colt Levi Clark missing since 4/20/06
Alexander Cockrel missing since 6/1/94
Josephine Yvette Cogburn missing since 10/2/83
Joyce Irene Cogburn missing since 10/2/83
Matthew Oliver Cortes missing since 10/29/00
Holden Tyler Cross missing since 10/21/07
Monique Christine Daniels missing since 6/2/92
Crystal Dittmeyer missing since 6/13/96
Syllannia Terene Edwards missing since 8/17/03
Kimberly Nicole Felder missing since 2/22/07
Thomas Fogle missing since 4/15/05
Ashley Renae Freeman missing since 12/3/99
Adrianna Hope Garcia missing since 12/29/04
Tammy Gibson missing since 7/7/05
Michael Christopher Gross missing since 11/10/06
Robert Mitcheall Gross missing since 8/26/07
Tashinenia Jade Guardipee missing since 5/11/06
Lanetha Caseyrose Harris missing since 6/18/06
Kirsten Renee Hatfield missing since 5/14/97
Tanja Marie Hook missing since 6/30/03
Michael Anthony Hughes missing since 9/12/94
Kerri Marie Jones missing since 9/17/07
Charlotte June Kinsey missing since 9/26/81
Larry DeWayne Krebbs missing since 5/30/80
Jamie Michelle McChurin missing since 3/18/97
Meredith Ann Medina missing since 2/14/89
Cinda Leann Pallett missing since 9/25/81
Brittany Ramsey missing since 9/22/06
Sandy Pathresa Rea missing since 9/19/84
LaJuana Reid missing since 6/25/06
Francisco Javier Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Gudalupe Candeleria Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Jorge Antonio Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Lorenzo Ruiz 7/14/02
David Santana missing since 9/24/06
Brooklyn N Stewart missing since 8/26/07
Thomas Billy Lee Tillery missing since 9/19/94
Bethany Maria Tiner missing since 1/1/97
Logan Lynn Tucker missing since 6/23/02
Ashley Ussery missing since 5/22/07

With all these missing people OSBI as far back as 1980 I would not brag about exceptional service.
Each one of these 48 missing people is a son, daughter, sister, brother to some one.

Kind of says it all really.......
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#63 May 29, 2010
I also meant to say.....

Figures from 1980, and 28 of those 48 in the last 10 years. I know that it's easy to misinterpret figures - for example - people might say we live in more violent and dangerous times. Others might make the point that we didn't have investigation aids like DNA, profiling, etc. way back then

I prefer to say...

it seems to indicate that there is a problem in LE in Oklahoma, and I think that extends beyond 'a few bad apples'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Tue honeymylove 39
New Chapter of Outlaws MC (Mar '13) Dec 7 berniemac 8
caair bear Dec 6 imissu 1
Review: Clearview Mobile Auto Glass Dec 2 crackhead 1
Roy lee patrick Oct '14 Kylee 1
Nikki Patterson Oct '14 Wondering 1
Looking for the meaning of 1424 Sep '14 Arkansas 1

Fairland News Video

Fairland Dating
Find my Match

Fairland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fairland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:47PM
Raiders place Sio Moore on injured reserve
NBC Sports 8:10 AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
De'Anthony Thomas garners AFC special teams player of the week honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?