Foley Cuts Crime in Half

Sep 22, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Local 15

The Foley Police Department has taken a bite out of crime. Over the past four years, the police force has cut it's crime rate in half.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2011
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Congratulations to our Police Chief and all of the members of the Foley Police Department. This just demonstrates how effective our Police Department can be when it it not interfered with by members of the Foley City Council as it had been in past administrations. Now, if we could only get to the point where the voters could choose their own Police Chief rather than the City Council appoint the Chief of that Department, it would add the last and necessary element to the Police Department being totally beholden to the electorate.
Saloth Sar

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Did the crime level really get cut in half or did they just stop reporting half of it...?

-OR-

With the economy in the toilet did a large number of shall we say "undocumented workers" leave the area?

Either of these would explain the numbers...
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Saloth Sar wrote:
Did the crime level really get cut in half or did they just stop reporting half of it...?
-OR-
With the economy in the toilet did a large number of shall we say "undocumented workers" leave the area?
Either of these would explain the numbers...
Regardless of extraneous reasons that the crime rate might have gone down to some extent, I am more than satisfied that the hard work of the Foley Police Department is the major cause of the decline in crime. I have lived in Foley long enough to actually witness the improvement in the Foley Police Department. These guys are doing a great job and I would not have any objection to their getting a bonus for exceptional results.
Saloth Sar

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Sounds great, at least your city isn't trying to send criminals to church...
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Saloth Sar wrote:
Sounds great, at least your city isn't trying to send criminals to church...
What a joke that is. I'm embarrassed about that since it made National news. And, I can't believe any church would want them. Churches only want people who can put money in the plate.
Looking at facts

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Great that Foley cut it's crime rate in half. But let us look past the smoke and mirrors. Foley also cut it's juridiction in half; thus half the area to provide police services to, half the crime right? Plus, by cutting back to just the city limits, they cut out all the high crime areas and kept profitable high dollar areas. To get to my neighborhood, Foley Police have to actually leave the juridiction and then re-enter it once the enter my neighborhood all because I live in a newer neighborhood which the city sees as profitable. So the fact remains, you can spin anything to go your way. Good Old Fasion Politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Chuck's Barber Shop 23 hr Mike 2
Request to put sewer line in Baldwin County nei... Tue babalong2 3
target goes gay Mon wondering 3
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Aug 22 You Spin Me Right... 211
Baldwin County Sewer Systems' Stealth Candidate (Jun '10) Aug 8 Panamaed 24
wolf creek sandbar Aug 5 timmy 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Give Him a Brain 84

Search the Fairhope Forum:
•••
•••
Fairhope Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fairhope Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••